How are people mining/harvesting so fast?

I'm not sure if anyone else has run into this. But when I'm out mining or gathering next to other players, they seem to harvest almost 1.5 times faster than me. And I'm spamming the ever-living heck out of my mouse or Numpad 0. If we both arrive at a node at the same time, I'm maybe halfway into my 3rd swing while they're done and running off to the next node.

How are they doing this? Am I getting lagged? Are they using a macro or something? I tried looking on Google and the official forums, but can't seem to find anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edit: Not WoW, nvm. WHOOPS!
    Last edited by Ryuji; 2013-09-18 at 07:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

it could just be a case of their spamming the mine button as they approach the node, therefore when they r in range there already mining it - just a thought, and tbh i wouldnt let it get to u all that much....:-0

FFXIV Ryuji. Not WoW.

oh lol - i also missed the FFXIV thingy thinking it was wow but my thinking may still be right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobakanushe View Post
    FFXIV Ryuji. Not WoW.
    Shh I may have just woken up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead