Sha of Pride Self Reflection Question

So I'm going to get straight to the point. Is Self Reflection supposed to be able to spawn 15/20+ adds at one time? The dungeon journal says up to 5 players will be affected, which would allow one to assume that only 5 adds should spawn. For my guild, this is what happens for most of the fight, but by the end, it starts spawning increasingly more, to the point that w/o a tank on them, we would wipe. I've scoured the web, and I can't find anything about it spawning more than 5 adds. I watched the Fatboss guide, and I don't think I saw them get more than 5 adds at any one time.

Anyone else having this happen? If this is acting as intended, can someone explain what is causing so many to spawn?

At least 5 spawn. More spawn when people have more pride. Stop getting so much extra pride and you won't have so many adds.

Deleted
    Code:
    Self-Reflection
    Channeled
    The Sha of Pride causes up to 5 players to reflect on their actions, creating a Reflection of Pride at their location. With each tick of Self-Reflection, the Sha focuses on players with higher levels of Pride, only targeting those with 25, 50 and then 75 Pride.
    It seems to create 5 adds for each "group" of players it targets.
    On the first Self-Reflection you're probably all sub 25 pride, meaning you only have 1 "group" of people that can spawn adds - hence only 5 spawn.
    Suppose you have 3 members >25 pride, the rest below - I guess this would spawn 8 (5 for those below 25 pride + 3 for those above) Reflections.
    So if you have 4 players below 25, 3 between 25 and 50 and 3 above 50 you could probably spawn 10 adds I'd think.

Quote Originally Posted by ccKep View Post
    Code:
    Self-Reflection
    Channeled
    The Sha of Pride causes up to 5 players to reflect on their actions, creating a Reflection of Pride at their location. With each tick of Self-Reflection, the Sha focuses on players with higher levels of Pride, only targeting those with 25, 50 and then 75 Pride.
    It seems to create 5 adds for each "group" of players it targets.
    On the first Self-Reflection you're probably all sub 25 pride, meaning you only have 1 "group" of people that can spawn adds - hence only 5 spawn.
    Suppose you have 3 members >25 pride, the rest below - I guess this would spawn 8 (5 for those below 25 pride + 3 for those above) Reflections.
    So if you have 4 players below 25, 3 between 25 and 50 and 3 above 50 you could probably spawn 10 adds I'd think.
    So I guess they changed it from the wording then, since the wording at the end implies with each successive tick it targets those with 25 pride only, then only those with 50, then only those with 75. "With each tick of Self-Reflection, the Sha focuses on players with higher levels of Pride, only targeting those with 25, 50 and then 75 Pride." I don't see any other way of interpreting that. The only problem with what you came up with, is we've had 15 and 20 adds at times. I would see groups of 5 just keep popping out of the ground. I will attempt to record out attempt tonight so I can count an exact number.

Why would you let the DPS tank the adds?

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Why would you let the DPS tank the adds?
    When there are only 5 adds, the adds die so fast that there's no need for a tank to tank them. Obviously, like I said, when it for some reason starts spawning 20 or so, then ya, you have to have a tank for those adds.