OBS Settings help needed!

Hi there guys,

I've been streaming a bit for a while, chillin' at 10 or w/e viewers, HOWEVER
    last week I've been at 80-100, topping at 120 viewers, so I'm planning on streaming a bit more seriously.

Graphic Card - AMD Radeon HD 6870
    RAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1666MHz
    CPU - i5 3770k @ 4.2GHz

I am using Open Broadcaster Software, without Dxtory (tried it, worked fine but people told me to go without it)

People are complaining about some freezelag, so I'd like to tweak my settings a bit. I tried but looks like only made it worse.

Here's a log of my recent broadcast, to show settings: http://pastebin.com/4cj2G8A5

So, I'd like any tips or tricks to help reducing the lag, but keeping the quality. I'm fine with 720p IF it's really clear and totally lagfree, but I'd love to make a 1080p stream (worked before for me, though installed a new Windows copy so I lost the settings).

Mostly I'm streaming WoW with Skype, Mumble and some websites up.

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED

The reason why they are lagging is not because of you, it's because of their internet and probably twitch. Set you bitrate to 2400 and make sure you're running CBR. This should help http://www.twitch.tv/lethalfrag/c/2880867

Hello there pwntus95!

You wrote RAM and CPU wrong, but thats not relevant at this point.

I asume since u wrote its i5 i believe its 3570k ( witch is good enough for streaming ), also u got more than enough upload speed.

Soo, lets try these settings put fps at 30 and bitrate at 2800.

Base resolution ( resolution of your monitor )

Resolution downscale put 1.75

Tell us report when u put these settings!

Good luck

Deleted
    You might have better experience with ffsplit, I can stream 1080p with my i7 920.

Deleted

Assuming that your internet connection can actually handle it, (it says 7.2mbps but you may not get that, streaming to twitch servers) for 1080p you ideally want settings like;
    Encoding:
    Video:
    CBR off.
    Quality Balance: 8
    Max Bitrate: 4200 Buffer: 5000
    Audio:
    Codec: Mp3
    Bitrate: 192 or 256

Advanced:
    Video:
    x264 CPU Preset: Faster

Example of those settings: http://www.twitch.tv/darkwolfdude/c/2960619

I find that if I go any lower, there's a big drop in quality with high-movement.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    Assuming that your internet connection can actually handle it, (it says 7.2mbps but you may not get that, streaming to twitch servers) for 1080p you ideally want settings like;
    Encoding:
    Video:
    CBR off.
    Quality Balance: 8
    Max Bitrate: 4200 Buffer: 5000
    Audio:
    Codec: Mp3
    Bitrate: 192 or 256

Advanced:
    Video:
    x264 CPU Preset: Faster

Example of those settings: http://www.twitch.tv/darkwolfdude/c/2960619

I find that if I go any lower, there's a big drop in quality with high-movement.
    Tried this, stream told me that it's lagging to much. www.twitch.tv/ninsew if you're able to catch me online, will be streaming for about 5 hours.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you're not a partner, the users get a direct copy of your upstream. There's no transcode options for people with crappy internet to lower the quality. Running something like a 4200 bitrate will completely screw over anyone with crappy internet. Until you partner up, I'd suggest streaming at 1080p with a resolution downscale of 1.50 (making your output 720p) and a bitrate of 2000-2200. Even though your internet can handle more, theirs might not be able to.

Personally, I run at:

CBR enabled (as suggested by Twitch)
    Max Bitrate: 2000
    Audio Codec: AAC
    Audio Bitrate: 128

Advanced Settings:
    x264 CPU Preset: veryfast
    Keyframe Interval: 2
    Custom x264 Encode Settings - Checked and set to "keyint=60" (no quotes)

The video linked by Eren Yaeger is quite helpful, as well.