Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Well, do they know about the internet?
    Anybody else reading everything he says as a bemused Orpheus? Makes the conversation so much better.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterDunker View Post
    Ive been in a similar situation as this guy was with Battlefield Bad Company 2. The manager was getting pissy with me, I was 19 and had left my ID at my house about 40 miles away. I just kept repeating that I wasn't ID'd to pre-order the game so I shouldn't have to present it to pick it up, when the manager was the one who registered my pre-order. I called corporate and told them what happened, they called the store and I walked out with my game in had. Manager got fired, though lol. In retail, the customer is always right, The customer is #1, The customer is why you have a job. She should have just bit her tongue and stopped trying to talk shit while he was leaving
    Thats actually funny, but honestly though you are right. I checked gamestops policies and googled it a bit, you don't need your ID when you pick it up. You bring your ID when you pre-order the game, and then bring your receipt when you pick up the game. This is however different for 'pickup@store' for gamestop. Basically if you pre-order a game on gamestops website, then go to pick it up at a store, thats a completely different story, in which you'll need your ID.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Again. Not defending her actions. She's a dumb bitch and should get fired. Just saying, he's going out of his way to make it look like someone will harm him, when the worst they can do is send him naughty pictures (Can be blocked) or maybe pizzas to his house. (Which get sent back)
    How can you say for sure? There are crazy people out there. You don't know who they are or whether they are at the store at that moment. Is it likely that someone there would do harmful things with that info? probably not, but again there's a chance however slim.

Three points that I see:
    1: He should've brought his ID, just in case.
    2: He looked old enough to buy it anyway, I wouldn't have asked the guy for ID (Though, I don't know what their exact rules are about ID)
    3: She definitely shouldn't have threatened to give out his details to anyone ever.

In short. They're both in the wrong, though, I think her more so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    "you just threatened to give my public information out".

Do I need to watch the video any further?

Looks like we missed the bit with him being a twat and just got the bit of her being snarky and him going off on one.
    /facepalm

So instead of acting like an adult and a professional (you know, exactly what she is getting paid to do) she threatens to hand out his full name and personal e-mail and encourages the customers to "thank him for holding up the line". If you seriously think this is ok then I have to wonder where the hell your moral compass is pointing.

10+ Year Old Account
    A valid ID is to be shown if requested by the current store employee. There's no reason not to carry said ID anyways, besiddes, there's a rating on the GTA game and they do have to uphold as well as possible.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Only watched part of it (I hate these videos), but since when is a business card proof of identification? Like, I've got hundreds and hundreds of business cards from people I've met, yet I'm none of those people.

She's out of line, but it's not "Gamestop" that's doing anything wrong, it's a single store manager. They already responded to the video saying they're investigating the matter. Honestly, with how much shit happens at some of those midnight launch event, tempers flaring doesn't surprise me at all.

when i worked in retail we could only accept photo IDs, business IDs were not valid. Loved turning away idiots who thought they could buy alcohol or 18+ games/movies with a random ID with no photo on it. My favorite was some woman trying to use carkeys as proof she was over 18
    i'd not have sold it to him and made him wait until the morning. she should never give out a customers information like that though.

god I hope I will never have to work retail again. I worked at a blockbuster when I was 17 and they were some of the worst nights of my life.

10+ Year Old Account
    did she actually give out his info? no, then she did nothing wrong.I feel bad for people that work retail, customers are shit covered shit wrapped up in shit.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    did she actually give out his info? no, then she did nothing wrong.
    Threatening to do so is wrong. That's the kind of stuff that gets you fired, because it's beyond inappropriate.

It's a business card. It contains your name, your phone number, maybe a work email address. Not your physical address. There is zero chance they can do harmful actions with that unless you go posting it online, in which case that's your own fault for posting all your information in one place for someone to find.

You can do no harm with an email address and name other than pretend to be that person and MAYBE get people calling/emailing him. No harm.
    "Oh, he's only getting harassing phone calls and e-mails, who cares." I mean, seriously? How is that ok?

- - - Updated - - -

did she actually give out his info? no, then she did nothing wrong.
    She threatened to do so, which is bad enough. However, she probably would have done it had he not stopped her.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    god I hope I will never have to work retail again. I worked at a blockbuster when I was 17 and they were some of the worst nights of my life.
    Idd, retail sucks. i worked customer service for a long time, good job we don't do that "the customer is always right" bollocks here, because 90% of the time they are just flat out wrong

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought many M rated games before i was 18. Never been asked for a ID before. Guess it helps being 6''4 tall.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a business card. It contains your name, your phone number, maybe a work email address. Not your physical address. There is zero chance they can do harmful actions with that unless you go posting it online, in which case that's your own fault for posting all your information in one place for someone to find.

You can do no harm with an email address and name other than pretend to be that person and MAYBE get people calling/emailing him. No harm.
    There's a difference between him handing someone his business card and her giving his info out. Him handing someone his info means he probably has some idea of who they are and are going to do business with. She was saying she was going to give out his PUBLIC information. And yes you can do a lot of harm with an e-mail and name. Considering how so much information on the internet these days require a valid e-mail address and your name, you could do quite a bit of harm.

Well, depending on what kind of truck you have... The proper response to this situation would have been to drive through the front door into the crowd and into the manager. This way, he would protect his public information and eliminate anyone who it might have been disseminated too.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    did she actually give out his info? no, then she did nothing wrong.I feel bad for people that work retail, customers are shit covered shit wrapped up in shit.

i think joking about it is wrong though, its not professional (i know its a midnight release of gta, not exactly screaming professional) but you should never threaten to give out a customers private info.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Are there flying cars yet? I haven't left my bunker since 2008.
    Hmm only does internet game's so you must be at least 14? Cause oyu sure never played any game's from the 90's it sounds. Look out for the big energy disk in the sky!
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Threatening to do so is wrong. That's the kind of stuff that gets you fired, because it's beyond inappropriate.
    people that work in retail store get treated like dirt all day especially in a gamestop. good for her for giving some back to a entitled ass.
    I hate America
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    I bought many M rated games before i was 18. Never been asked for a ID before. Guess it helps being 6''4 tall.
    sometimes they just get lazy, there was a game shop near me that hardly ever asked for ID if you went in there late just before closing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    "
    She threatened to do so, which is bad enough. However, she probably would have done it had he not stopped her.
    and monkeys probably would have flown out of his ass and attacked her if she did.
    I hate America