Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    The title of the email was 'wunkyaa'

    This is a direct copy of what it said:

    see her weep; she calls hs name; he answers not, nor wll; my soul wth joy s all aflame; laugh, and laugh, and thrll
    entre 1813 y 1820 el universo de pies descalzos y suenos prodigos, de manos tendidas con diferentes colores de piel pero erizadas en un sueno comun, se fue extendiendo por varias provincias argentinas y sus ecos se oian ya en el alto peru de tupac katari
    for an old bult sloop, you would not see her equal
    fortunately no one had noticed the oversight, and turning the key i removed it and returned it to the sergent de ville

  2. #22
    I have no idea, mine go to the spam folder where they can't hurt anyone and will never see daylight again. I sometimes get mail offering cosmetic products, white teeth, natural tan, anti-wrinkle creams and such things but I think it's because of my mom or friends giving my mail to these companies as Im sure I have never even heard of some of them.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    The title of the email was 'wunkyaa'

    This is a direct copy of what it said:

    see her weep; she calls hs name; he answers not, nor wll; my soul wth joy s all aflame; laugh, and laugh, and thrll
    entre 1813 y 1820 el universo de pies descalzos y suenos prodigos, de manos tendidas con diferentes colores de piel pero erizadas en un sueno comun, se fue extendiendo por varias provincias argentinas y sus ecos se oian ya en el alto peru de tupac katari
    for an old bult sloop, you would not see her equal
    fortunately no one had noticed the oversight, and turning the key i removed it and returned it to the sergent de ville
    Random language swap. I wonder if these are real lines from books. And I wonder what the spammer's goal is.

  4. #24
    Field Marshal EvrenGaming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    58
    Pretty much this:

    Dear: e-Mail Winner,

    This is to inform you that your e-Mail Address has WON you the sum of 1,000,000.00 GBP (One Million Pound Sterling) from the Coca-Cola Online Promo 2013. The Draw No:1593. make a contact and collect your winning fund immediately, Fill the Information.

    Sir. Michael Field
    Email: [email protected]
    Tel: +44 7017 035461

    1.Name.2.Address.3.Nationality.4.Age.5.Occupation.6.Phone/Fax.

    CONGRATULATION !!!

    Best Regards,
    Notification Desk

  5. #25
    Pandaren Monk mrgummage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Hague, NL
    Posts
    1,827
    Penis enlargement adverts.

    Wish my girlfriend would stop forwarding them to me.
    mrgummage#2816 | Grand Marshal Hottage | Warlords of Draenor Beta Club
    ASUS N53SM : Intel i7 2.2Ghz (3.1Ghz Turbo) : 16GB DDR3 : Geforce GT 630M : Samsung 840 EVO 1TB : Windows 8.1 Pro

  6. #26

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by EvrenGaming View Post
    Pretty much this:
    They should have included date of birth instead of age if they want to ID theft more efficiently.

  8. #28
    most of my junk mail is male enhancement pills, hookers in my area, a mexican resturant needs a loan...and a home loan that requires all my information

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    I have no idea, mine go to the spam folder where they can't hurt anyone and will never see daylight again. I sometimes get mail offering cosmetic products, white teeth, natural tan, anti-wrinkle creams and such things but I think it's because of my mom or friends giving my mail to these companies as Im sure I have never even heard of some of them.
    Whenever a database is compromised for any website and user email addresses and data are leaked, the data is sold to 3rd parties who in the best case want to scam you and in the worst case steal your identity and company secrets. It's without rhyme or reason. There are women who get penis enlargement spam, males who get breast implant spam, children who get mails for viagra, elderly who get mails for porn,... I receive a lot of spam for online casinos and "histoire choquant d'un mere de votre region", which I have never opened but could either be porn, dating or ponzi scheme related.
    Because I want to say this every single day but don't want it to get a drag:
    1) The ingame store will only sell timesaver items. It won't affect balance.
    2) No, getting to 100 in half the time isn't pay2win. raids don't start until the second week, everyone has time to get there.
    4) getting charms faster is also not pay2win. getting those is easy, but not everyone has the time or want for dailies.

  10. #30
    Ive seen those that some company ask you to work with them and you have to pay an ammount of many in order to get the job (transport, LI and so on) obiosly a money grabber.

    But there was once when I recived like a ton of spam of gay porn, it was kind of funny becouse it started to happen when my cousin came on holidays last summer and he used my computer were I have my gmail always on, the thing is that we dont know if he use my account to make some kind of joke on me or if he really search those websites. My GF and I never told him about the porn spam but... yeapp, he acted normal on his stay.

  11. #31
    I once got a letter I wasn't expecting with the name "Emir Fazlik" on the return address. Everything on the envelope was handwritten and the back was taped shut, not licked. My mind jumped from place to place as to what could be in the envelope; this was shortly after the anthrax-in-the-mail scares, so with all those factors combined it was a possibility I didn't rule out. I put the letter under a light and started opening it using a pair of pencils and with my shirt over my face. It took some doing, but once I finally got it open I discovered that it was just a random chain letter telling me to mail it to 8 people or goblins will eat my soul or some crap. Sigh.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Gritches View Post
    I once got a letter I wasn't expecting with the name "Emir Fazlik" on the return address. Everything on the envelope was handwritten and the back was taped shut, not licked. My mind jumped from place to place as to what could be in the envelope; this was shortly after the anthrax-in-the-mail scares, so with all those factors combined it was a possibility I didn't rule out. I put the letter under a light and started opening it using a pair of pencils and with my shirt over my face. It took some doing, but once I finally got it open I discovered that it was just a random chain letter telling me to mail it to 8 people or goblins will eat my soul or some crap. Sigh.
    People actually sent those in the mail? What, do they pick random people or something?

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    People actually sent those in the mail? What, do they pick random people or something?
    phone book's gotta be good for something ;P
    But then again, I am a Snowman on Fire!
    Yizelin the Insane

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Penis enlargement adverts.

    Wish my girlfriend would stop forwarding them to me.
    ba dum tss

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Yizelin View Post
    phone book's gotta be good for something ;P
    phone books have adresses? I thought they were just a registry of land lines? and of course, with all the cellphones these days, a phonebook is sort of like the ancient usenet.
    Because I want to say this every single day but don't want it to get a drag:
    1) The ingame store will only sell timesaver items. It won't affect balance.
    2) No, getting to 100 in half the time isn't pay2win. raids don't start until the second week, everyone has time to get there.
    4) getting charms faster is also not pay2win. getting those is easy, but not everyone has the time or want for dailies.

  16. #36
    I got this in my google drive in 2011, and I have no idea who made it or where it's from.

    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...kKZy7B-ZbWr9QI

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •