Deleted

Tanking mmr and losses?

Okay so last season you must know people used to tank there mmr to lower there mmr to cap alts etc, so my question is what about for us people with alts that arent geared and we suck on them, how can we cap them? + The amount of losses that show on armory are they going to reset or is it going to be people like 400 w - 800 l because that seems pretty crazy, that we cant play with our friends anymore because our stats are going to suck sooo bad

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe fights are still determined by MMR, aren't they? In which case you'll be fighting people around your skill level up until your gear allows you to play. But yeah, if you tank MMR your losses will go up fast, which means arena basically got a lot more hardcore this patch xD

Deleted
    Yeahh thats true but still seems kinda sucky that we cant play with friends if they arent that good because some people dont wanna have 100 wins 500 losses on stats xD i dont mind so much but is that how its going to be? because all season thats going to be like 1000 wins 1400 losses or something which seems crazy

It's a number on a website. Why should it matter what random people on the internet think? If people are your friends and you are playing this for fun, I don't think it will matter what your stats say.

Same thing happened with RBGs. You could gear out alts joining YOLO groups until you were capped/geared and then start looking for rating. From my experience, people care about your current rating and anyone that really looked at what your stats were while you were gearing usually thought they were "glad status" when they are average at best.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

How do you tank your MMR or even know what it is? N00b question, i know. I never arena (few seasons ago with roommates once in awhile), I only would see "highest rating" and "current rating" but they were never accurate (for example, I was 1591 the previous week, but it was saying highest was 1568?) and then while in the RBGs that was the number showing.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    How do you tank your MMR or even know what it is? N00b question, i know. I never arena (few seasons ago with roommates once in awhile), I only would see "highest rating" and "current rating" but they were never accurate (for example, I was 1591 the previous week, but it was saying highest was 1568?) and then while in the RBGs that was the number showing.
    You dont know what it is, but if you queue for 2s and not join you get a lose and your hidden MMR drops. Do that about 30 times and you'll be around 1200
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Quote Originally Posted by Frosze View Post
    Yeahh thats true but still seems kinda sucky that we cant play with friends if they arent that good because some people dont wanna have 100 wins 500 losses on stats xD i dont mind so much but is that how its going to be? because all season thats going to be like 1000 wins 1400 losses or something which seems crazy
    if someone doesn't understand that a bad 2s rating like that typical means carrying alts/people/pt capping, you probably don't want to play with them anyway for lack of common sense on their part.