Deleted

Fast and Furious Valor

Ok so i've been playing WoW for a long time now and this latest patch is just bombarding me with valor. I am capping it within 2 days time and im not even trying, plus im not even raiding at the moment! Blizzard seriously needs to think about increasing it (yea im aware of their auto-response to this that if they do ppl will feel obligated to cap it) but come on this is absurd, it's so easy to accumulate it nowadays that even a casual player with 5h of weekly play time can cap it.. either increase the cap or reduce the gain coz it's making me more anxious that im sitting at 1k after a day or two than not reaching the cap.
    Last edited by mmoc0a522411d3; 2013-09-19 at 02:05 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Capping quickly isn't really the issue here. You can slow down on it.

The problem is that you can easily run out of things to spend valor on.

Deleted
    Yeah that too, both are issues there imo, valor isn't what it used to be.

It's easy because it's not useful anymore. That's really all that matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    500 VP for 3500 coins?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    It's easy because it's not useful anymore. That's really all that matters.
    500 VP to upgrade 1 new item, at the start of a patch... I'd say they're more useful now more than 3 weeks ago.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

What are you doing that is giving you 1k valor after 2 days without raiding?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    I am doing daily/weekly stuff and a few LFRs ofc but i dont count them as raiding. Im also in the mid of valor legendary Q line again which really bugs me that i need 3 weeks to finish it instead of one :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fegi View Post
    I am doing daily/weekly stuff and a few LFRs ofc but i dont count them as raiding. Im also in the mid of valor legendary Q line again which really bugs me that i need 3 weeks to finish it instead of one :S
    Entitlement.

Back in my day I needed SIX weeks.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    What are you doing that is giving you 1k valor after 2 days without raiding?
    Exactly. I run a scenario and 5man once per day. Previously i'd do a dozen dailies netting 5vp each. Doing that for 5 days would yield 1k valor. Sure its not hard to reach 1k, but neither is it trivial.

Deleted
    timed hc scenario, random hc daily, daily challenge, weekly/daily quests in timeless isle

Pretty sure that's enough to get to 1k valor in 2 days, i made 500+ yesterday in 1 hour before raiding time with guildies.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    If you do a scenario and HC a day, that is 130 VP. Add to that 4 wings of any LFR and it adds another 360. Killing 20 elite creatures is another 50 on Timeless Isle.

So..it is doable (I just doubt the 500+ in one hour..but whatever)
    Isn't a HC scenario 140 right there for 5-10min, running dungeons with 530+ gear is also 5-10min so it easy to cap fast.

I think its time to just drop the cap and let ppl farm it, nothing rly useful to spend it on anyway.
    Just doing scenario/hcs with guildgroup will cap u in 2h or someting like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post

So..it is doable (I just doubt the 500+ in one hour..but whatever)
    Run 1 random hc dungeon + 3 hc scenarios with overgeared people (80+140+70+70+random bonuses) and you have enough spare time for the isle quests.
    I'm sure it was 500 because our mage had to upgrade the staff he got the night before starting from 0 VP left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you playing a game or trying to earn currency? I've found the latter far less satisfying than the former. That's been a major problem this expansion for me; early on it was too much about earning currency which got in the way of playing the game, now people are so used to earning currency being the game, they forgot what else is in the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Are you playing a game or trying to earn currency? I've found the latter far less satisfying than the former. That's been a major problem this expansion for me; early on it was too much about earning currency which got in the way of playing the game, now people are so used to earning currency being the game, they forgot what else is in the game.
    I'm trying to play the game the best I can, I'm not going in our progress raid nights knowing that I'm not doing the best I can.
    This means that I'm already at 1k VP on day 2 of lockouts, and able to upgrade everything I get from drops.

I'm playing the game earning currency, to play the game better.