when to drop 4 pc

I got my tier 16 chest and the warforged helm off ordos. Is it work dropping my 4 pc t15?

Mind you im assassination.
    Last edited by kilj; 2013-09-19 at 04:43 AM.

Depends on spec I imagine. The nerfed set bonus is still very effective for combat but isn't that good for assassination. Check out shadowcraft but I'm 99% sure that the stat increase from the new chest/helm would be a greater dps gain than losing the 4 piece t15 bonus.

Four piece is near worthless as Assassination. Two, or sometimes even one upgrade is worth dropping it for.

I got a question that goes with this thread. I got AoC and a combat weapon this week so I decided to try combat. Is it worth dropping the tier 15 4pc for tier 16 2pc?

As combat you do not replace T15 4pc until you have heroic T16 4pc. As assass you replace T15 4pc as quickly as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by blazechronic View Post
    As combat you do not replace T15 4pc until you have heroic T16 4pc. As assass you replace T15 4pc as quickly as possible.
    Shadowcraft for me is showing a small increase to drop 4pc T15 for 2pc/2pc on single target, and a massive increase on cleave fights. Considering I only plan to use combat on cleave fights, I'll still be wanting to swap asap.

As assassination I found that I was simming higher with any random offset piece I could find.

So I made the changes and ya I sim higher now, especially with the crit mastery legs I got off dark shaman. Question tho, When I put in my full normal bis Gear from SoO and ran the reforges and gems. It put me at 7100 mastery 9400 haste and 9200 crit..... and the gems are agi crit?!?!

now I upgrade it all and run reforge and it puts me at 13000 haste and 9400 mastery 3500 crit things so screwy....
    Last edited by kilj; 2013-09-19 at 06:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    So I made the changes and ya I sim higher now, especially with the crit mastery legs I got off dark shaman. Question tho, When I put in my full normal bis Gear from SoO and ran the reforges and gems. It put me at 7100 mastery 9400 haste and 9200 crit..... and the gems are agi crit?!?!

now I upgrade it all and run reforge and it puts me at 13000 haste and 9400 mastery 3500 crit things so screwy....
    This is from a BiS list? Check comments in the major threads on stat weightings, and read the 2p bonus from T16. Should clear up the first result... seeing low crit for the second is odd. Might post a link to the setup.

List was

Helm - Tier
    Neck - Immersius Eye
    Shoulders - Shouldergaurds of the Righteous Stand
    Cloak - Legend
    Chest - Tier
    Bracers Bomber's Blackened Wristwatch
    Gloves - Tier
    Belt - Damron's Belt of Darkness
    Legs - Tier
    Boots - Stonetoe's Tormented Treads
    Ring - Swift Serpent Seal
    Ring - Ring of Restless Energy
    Trinket - Ted
    Trinket - Haromms
    Weapon - Hellscreams Razor
    Weapon - Hellscreams Razor

Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post

With auto reforge? You may want to go and play with those reforges by hand and see if you can bring the dps up. The SC reforge calculates it all based on the values when you hit the button. If after it has done half of your reforges, crit/mastery catches up to haste, it is still going to finish reforging as if haste is superior.

Stat priority is probably just radically shifting. This is happening with my gear set right now. Crit will be at the top, auto-reforge, crit now at the bottom, auto-reforge, crit back at the top, etc. You have to change gems/reforges from your lowest stat to your highest stat until the weights are all about even for optimal results.

Also, 2 crit overtakes 1 agi eventually. That's when agi/crit is better in reds than agi.

As assassination, drop T15 4-pc as soon as you get T16 2-pc.

If you get enough offset pieces, it may be worthwhile to drop it even earlier since the T15 4-pc is really poor for assassination this patch since the nerf.

But as always, plug your gear into Shadowcraft to see what works best. I've been really impressed with the tool so far this patch.