Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Bizarre scene in Toledo: Cop holds entire family on ground with Taser

http://www.policestateusa.com/2013/b...-ground-taser/

Did the officer handled this situation correctly?

Do you think the family instigated the encounter, then further escalated the situation?

Do you think the family acted because they knew they were being filmed. Perhaps they have a personal grudge against this one particular cop, or maybe just animosity towards all cops in general.

Tell us what you think!

*Update: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hZwstP9a6g

**Update: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...c-dispute.html
    Last edited by Evelyn; 2013-09-20 at 03:47 PM.

Deleted
    Why do they all sound like Boomhauer from King of the Hill? Also, don't cops normally come in pairs? And yeah, he seemed pretty incompetent.
    Last edited by mmocb3fb419dbb; 2013-09-19 at 05:01 AM.

Hard for me to judge how the cop acted when the video starts after the people are cuffed on the ground with a taser pointed at them. It's only a part of the story and I have no idea how it lead up to that point.

Edit: Watched more of the video, guess he was telling the cop he was calling for help, although I'm not sure why the cop couldn't do it himself if he wanted it considering the people were cuffed on the ground already.

Edit 2!: I have no idea who he was calling toledo cops for after seeing the full video since the cop didn't seem to know him, and the way he was explaining the situation it didn't seem to be to help the people on the ground either, so I'm at a loss >.>

As a side note the same guy (who was calling the toledo police) gave his full phone number out on a youtube video...I hope he has a lot of text messages and minutes with his phone plan...
    Last edited by KhadajDH; 2013-09-19 at 05:18 AM.

What happened at first? I don't feel like reading.

I couldn't tell you, but I have massive doubts that 'policestateusa' is a bastion of free thinking and fair reporting.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Deleted
    Yea, full video or gtfo...

Quote Originally Posted by Xalzel View Post
    What happened at first? I don't feel like reading.
    Apparently the cop had someone else pulled over and was blocking the people driving the trucks driveway, they asked him to move and that's what happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, that woman is overreacting and so is the crowd.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

People need to take a class regarding "How to start a thread" where they get taught to give all of the relevant details instead of just a video and a few links.

Anyway, after watching both videos, the problem is with the family. Just a bunch of anti-police assholes who "didn't like the way they were being spoken to". Cops are taught to take every situation seriously, because they deal with crazy (armed) people all of the time. If he sees that you're making trouble he has to make sure you're not in the capacity to shoot him.

And that woman was a dumbass. How anyone can go against the cop after seeing how that moron woman acted is beyond me. The situation was obviously escalated because of her shrieking.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2013-09-19 at 06:46 AM.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    People need to take a class regarding "How to start a thread" where they get taught to give all of the relevant details instead of just a video and a few links.

Anyway, after watching both videos, the problem is with the family. Just a bunch of anti-police assholes who "didn't like the way they were being spoken to". Cops are taught to take every situation seriously, because they deal with crazy (armed) people all of the time. If he sees that you're making trouble he has to make sure you're not in the capacity to shoot him.

And that woman was a dumbass. How anyone can go against the cop after seeing how that moron woman acted is beyond me. The situation was obviously escalated because of her shrieking.
    The problem is also with the officer. For one, I'm pretty sure you're only supposed to use a taser in lieu of lethal force. As in, if you would draw your gun otherwise. Second, he grabs the guys phone out of his hand and throws it and acts like a tough guy to intimidate him into leaving.

Escalating the situation because a woman is yelling at you saying you did the wrong thing is absolutely the wrong thing to do.

Probably didn't have his daily ration burgers yet or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    The problem is also with the officer. For one, I'm pretty sure you're only supposed to use a taser in lieu of lethal force. As in, if you would draw your gun otherwise. Second, he grabs the guys phone out of his hand and throws it and acts like a tough guy to intimidate him into leaving.

Escalating the situation because a woman is yelling at you saying you did the wrong thing is absolutely the wrong thing to do.
    The taser wasn't used though, was it? Correct me if I'm wrong; I thought he only pulled it out, along with his gun. He threw the guy's phone out to the grass, so I'm sure the phone was fine. And that was like 3/4ths through the video after he had to put up with the family screaming at him and the woman shrieking like a banshee for several minutes, and after he had to lift the guy up because the guy was acting like a 5 year old who wouldn't stand up. I would be annoyed at that point too.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

No need to condescend. I posted all the info that I had at the time. What kind of relevant details are you speaking about? I could post more links, there are other articles on this event, but so far this is what I understand: The officer pulled over the guys step daughter, for her plates. The father came home, parked in front of his house because the cops car was blocking his drive way, saw officer had pulled over his daughter, apparently overheard the convo, did not like the way that the cop was talking to the daughter, mentioned this to the cop, the cop told him to get back in the car, he did, not long after this the cop gets the man out of his car, then the woman. They say they are thrown to the ground and bad mouthed, but we don't know this for certain, obviously it is not shown on the video. Again, this is all I know. I just explained to you what those "few links" told me. I would consider that and the neighbors testimony to be somewhat "relevant".
    Last edited by Evelyn; 2013-09-19 at 02:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely. I feel for policemen these days. There are instances of abuse, sure, but too often they take a lot of crap they don't deserve from people who get all puffed up "You're violating my rights errmmagod!"

Also: let's be nice, people. It's a good day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I couldn't tell you, but I have massive doubts that 'policestateusa' is a bastion of free thinking and fair reporting.
    I agree - the police state that calls itself the United States is indeed a long way from supporting free thought or fair reporting.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    I agree - the police state that calls itself the United States is indeed a long way from supporting free thought or fair reporting.
    It's not a police state. Far from it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to take a taser, apply it to a cop's eyes, turn it on and wait for the eyeballs to sizzle and then pop.

really would need to see how the whole thing started here. by the time this video starts everybody is already would up beyond reason, so no way to really tell who was unreasonable in the first place imo. someone should tell the cop that continuing to argue with pissed off people (they seemed kind of dense on top of that thb) is a waste of time and can only cause trouble. i think everyone involved is an idiot, but not enough info for me to say whether any particular party was criminally stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It's not a police state. Far from it.
    From Wikitionary:
    (usually pejorative) A nation or state whose government exercises strict and repressive control of the people, by means of police.
    and also from dictionary.com:
    a nation in which the police, especially a secret police, summarily suppresses any social, economic, or political act that conflicts with governmental policy.
    For the "secret" part, I will point out that the true extent and effect of the government's massive secret domestic surveillance programs is still being revealed. But there are plenty of overt examples from the last decade.

St. Paul Police Conduct Mass Preemptive Raids Ahead of Republican Convention
    Occupy San Francisco camp dismantled in overnight police raid

Occupy D.C. camp raided by police
    BREAKING: Oakland Police Use Rubber Bullets, Flash Grenades, And Smoke Bombs To Evict Occupy Oakland
    Activists Disappeared Ahead of NATO Summit Continue To Be Held Without Charge
    NYPD Raids Activists' Homes Before May Day Protests
    8 Whistleblowers Charged With Violating the Espionage Act Under Obama

Complaining on the internet or tv is fine, but try to actually change anything, and it doesn't matter if your opposition is public and massive, or small and focused - attempts to directly oppose government policy are cracked down on harshly. But don't worry - you can always protest in one of the government's designated Free Speech Zones.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    We are still not a police state.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi