Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Only a person who is overly emotional and lacking self control would say this...

If you got to open a thread like this, you better seek for psychological assistance. Really.
    No offense, but just the tiniest amount of human logic applied to your question, will answer it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Only a person who is overly emotional and lacking self control would say this...
    Overly emotional? Maybe. Lack of self control? Not really.

OT: No, it doesn't bother me. Judges are supposed to be unbiased, and even if they're criminals, they're still human beings.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the interrogation...being respectful actually gives you a better shot at getting someone to confess/give you information because it gives them a chance to bring out the humanity in people. Intimidation tactics and just being an asshole usually causes someone to withdraw rather than to be scared into telling the truth. That and if the police are ranting and raging at someone as they interrogate someone then it's possible everything said there could get thrown out in court.

Do you think judges don't feel angry or disgusted at those "evil people"? Of course they do, but they have to at least pretend to be neutral, it's part of their job. They're probably just as angry about the process, and the whole concept of "justice" and "rights" for people that already violated others'.

Judges are meant to be impartial and unbiased towards all cases.

Showing a large emotional response to a case can be severely detrimental as people have gotten away with crimes due to their lawyers moving for a mistrial due to a biased judge.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Deleted
    Investigators have a hard job, they need to approach the accused and dig deep to fully understand what happened and why.

Personally, it's a very tough job in my opinion - You're dealing with so much crime and those who cause it, you need to have a certain caliber to succeed and remain impartial or even to "befriend" the suspect.

But no, it doesn't bother me.

Why? It's the legal system, where innocence is given until proven guilty - everyone should be humanely treated, throughout.

If you don't like it OP, move to some 3rd world hell hole where they stone or set people alight without a shred of evidence.
    Last edited by mmoc1aca3196c5; 2013-09-19 at 12:34 PM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Salandrin, let me try to put this into perspective for you. If you had just been arrested for some crime you either did or DIDN'T commit, but were still a likely suspect and there was at least some evidence that made them think it was you, wouldn't you want to be treated fairly and impartially? Whether you did or didn't do it, I think you would. I sure as hell would. Why even bother with a judge and jury if you're going to assume they did it right off the bat? Even if there's blatant evidence like a recording of the crime and you are easily identifiable within it, our Constitution guarantees you a trial. Should we just throw out the constitution as well? No one wants that, so no, it doesn't bother me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    Why would you intentionally antagonise a mentally unstable or psychotic person?
    This exactly. I'm personally very happy that judges at least pretend to be objective. All criminals have serious mental and moral issues, and treating them like shit isn't beneficial for anyone. Besides those who think vengeance is a good thing, obviously.

No, but I would be bothered by the opposite reaction. Judges are meant to be impartial arbiters. They should never be swayed by emotion. Really, you don't want the latter.

No, because you're innocent, untill proven guilty. And outside of that, judges are professional, and are not allowed to show and form of emotion or preferance to suspects.

Deleted
    Its a tactic for milking out information. In your scenario the guy could just stay silent and that is not good.

Deleted
    "Does it ever bother you how nice/calm Judges and etc are to evil people?"

Define evil.

But as said before: Innocent until proven guilty. I sure as hell wouldn't want to be in court if the judge/prosecutor got away with treating me like a subhuman. Oh and also: Treat people like you would want to be treated by others. If you killed someone for whatever reason, what would make you feel more like having to regret your actions: Everyone around you treating you like dirt or everyone still treating you like a human even if you killed someone?

PS: the justice system should be about getting people on the "right path" not retribution
    Last edited by mmocf1858d9362; 2013-09-19 at 08:30 PM.

If the judge started cursing off at the defendant then any "guilty" verdict and/or sentence would likely be reversed in appeal (because the judge was obviously unbiased and influenced the decision of the jury), and the criminal would walk out of the courthouse declared an "innocent" person. Do you really want that?

what exactly would be achieved by the judge spazzing out? using your example of castro... he was sentenced to death. what more could be accomplished, that doesnt really leave anywhere to go. at best "damn, ive been sentenced to be executed. but the judge really hurt my feelings when he yelled at me. that's the real reason im crying"
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    So what I wanna get out of this is why they are so relaxed and nice when they are dealing with people like this? Example videos coming.

Innocent until proven guilty.
    Professionalism.

/thread.

Because if the majority or most Judges were as stupid as the commenters on youtube people like George Zimmerman wouldn't of even gotten a trial, he'd probably be publically excuted

10+ Year Old Account
    "Evil people" I don't think I would brand every single person that appears in the court room as an evil person first of all.

And two, no, I would want a judge to keep his head cool and look at the evidence at hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    You mean be professional and not get personal no it doesn't bother me.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. That's their job, to be impartial. To review the evidence brought before them and listen to the argument made regarding it and decide a fitting punishment(the jury decides if they are befitting OF punishment). I expect them to treat every person as a human being, with certain liberties and carry out a fair-minded judgement.

If I wanted them to sting them up and curse them out, I'd skip the trial and just dump the criminal in front of an angry mob.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.