Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    You are bothered by that dude getting a slice of pizza and a coke? Being nice to the person in question is one of interrogation techniques.

10+ Year Old Account
    here's a nice vid with an emotional judge:
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

On the contrary. Common human decency is to be expected when you're supposed to be 100% impartial. In fact, signs of impartiality can render the entirety of the trial invalid, forcing the justice system to re-establish the case all over again.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    No, it doesn't bother me. I can't view the videos at the moment, but in the case of the Castro video, was that not a part of his interrogation? At that point, he would not have been through a trial and found guilty.
    It's important for the police, juries and judges to be impartial. They should be making rational decisions based on evidence, not frothing at the mouth in their eagerness to condemn people.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Deleted
    The police are often nice to suspects to entice them into giving away incriminating evidence. It's a ploy, to get their defense down and try to get into their confidence. But institutionally, decent behavior towards suspects is sensible as otherwise - in the heated aftermath of a nasty crime - it would be very easy for the police to become physically abusive to the people in their power, some of whom might turn out to be innocent.

Judges have to be impartial in a trial, as the defendant is innocent until proven guilty. But I think when it comes to sentencing, they often express the fierce, but measured, condemnation of the guilty that society expects.