Deleted

Will this play diablo 3 and wow well?

Hi all, so a friend of mine wants to buy a new pc and she doesn't know anything about pcs and asked me for help ( which i don't know much either , but at least i use this site often! )

Anyway she only plays WoW and wants to play Diablo 3 too and that's it . So she doesn't want a very expensive pc just for two games. She wants to buy this, but is it good enough?

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/deskto...59621-pdt.html

Nvidia says that graphics card can play diablo 3 "the way it's ment to played" but looking more online most people think that card is pretty bad . She doesn't want to play those 2 games on ultra settings or whatever , medium-high is fine . Also she doesn't want the pc or graphics card to be obsolete with the new wow expansion that will come out.

Can i get your opinions on that pc please?

Deleted
    Maybe it's me or maybe the website is down. either way I cannot open your link and view what you have posted.

Deleted
    The website is having some problems i think since i had to try a few times too to get it working. I'll write some of the more important things it has :

Processor AMD A8-5500 3.2 GHz processor
    - 4 MB cache

Operating System Windows 8

RAM 4 GB DDR3 (1 x 4 GB)

Graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GT 620 (1 GB dedicated), with hardware video editing acceleration.

Hard drive 1 TB

Junk - Would play well at low settings maybe? Could build a decent rig for around £450 in my opinion for high settings.

Look for a computer with an I5 3570k / GPU combo. would perform much better.

Just for people who cannot see the link

General Information Processor AMD A8-5500 3.2 GHz processor

- 4 MB cache
    Operating System Windows 8
    RAM 4 GB DDR3 (1 x 4 GB)
    Graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GT 620 (1 GB dedicated), with hardware video editing acceleration.
    Hard drive 1 TB
    Optical disk drive DVD writer SATA
    Memory card reader 6-in-1 memory card reader
    USB - USB 3.0 x 2
    - USB 2.0 x 4
    Modem/Ethernet Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000)
    WiFi 802.11b/g/n
    Bluetooth No
    Video interface - HDMI
    - DVI-D
    - DVI-I
    Sound Beats Audio™ Console; High Definition Audio 7.1
    Keyboard & Mouse - USB keyboard
    - USB optical mouse
    Accessories included - Guide user manual
    - 300W AC power adapter
    Software included - Windows Store
    - Microsoft Windows Live Essentials
    - Microsoft Internet Explorer
    - Beats Audio console
    - CyberLink PowerDVD
    - HP Connected Remote
    - HP Connected Photo
    - HP Games Console
    *Buy Microsoft Office to activate Office software on this PC
    Size - Unboxed: 368 x 165 x 389 mm (L x W x D)
    - Boxed: 496 x 240 x 518 mm (L x W x D)
    Weight - Unboxed: 8 kg
    - Boxed: 10.5 kg

tbh i think this pc is a bit lacking on video card and internal memory
    But i`m also not an expert in this.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

Can it run the games? Yes.

Will it play them smoothly? No.

Thats a very weird built..They put an APU, with a GPU as horrible as the GPU inside the CPU

Basically its a pile of junk meant for youtube/facebook.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor (£95.87 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Motherboard: MSI B85M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£49.98 @ Ebuyer)
    Memory: Patriot Signature 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1333 Memory (£37.15 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£49.00 @ CCL Computers)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 1GB Video Card (£106.61 @ Ebuyer)
    Case: Cooler Master Force 500 ATX Mid Tower Case (£32.87 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Power Supply: XFX 450W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (£34.99 @ Maplin Electronics)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer (£12.61 @ Amazon UK)
    Total: £419.08
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-19 11:34 BST+0100)

This will serve her much better for what she wants.

Put a single 8GB in case she needs another 8 in the future (Highly unlikely..but just in case..)

Kept the price as low as possible, and didnt add Windows, no idea if you have them..
    Last edited by potis; 2013-09-19 at 10:37 AM.

Deleted
    If possible don't go for something like HP or Asus or whatever pre-build computer. They usually have decent processors, good amount of RAM and HDD space but the GPUs are absolute shit. And even if you find one with a decent GPU it'll be overpriced as fuck.

Deleted
    Thank you all for your answers , i was comparing mine to that one she wants to buy and i thought it was an ok pc . Since i am fine with how mine handles those two games. The only problem i have is that i don't know how to compare the graphics cards, which is better. So i will write here for some extra comparison, if it's like mine ( or better) then she should have no problem with them since i like how they work for me

Mine :
    Processor : AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3.00 Ghz
    Memory (RAM) : 6 GB
    Graphics Card : Nvidia GT 220 Series

Linked PC :
    Processor : AMD A8-5500 3.2 GHz processor -4MB cache
    Memory ( RAM) : 4 GB
    Graphics Card : Nvidia GeForce GT 620 ( 1 GB dedicated), with hardware video editing acceleration.

Why make a thread asking about it if your just gonna go with the computer anyway, waste of money...
    A quick search for i5 3570k found me this on Ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Intel-I5-3...item20cf24ad8b

For a little bit more, would perform a hell of a lot better, but it's your money i guess.

For WoW intel CPUs are always better, and the GPU you listed, both, are garbage.

Deleted
    Personally, when it comes to gaming computers, I choose to either buy a preowned one off of ebay that's in decent condition with good specs, or if buying brand new, I have it custom built because every computer I tend to see in a computer store is reasonable when wanting to multi task at a cheap price but terrible for gaming. Computer gamers don't tend to buy computers from a shop as they're aimed more at the general populace and the majority don't want a computer for gaming, they want it for work/multi-tasking

Quote Originally Posted by Anagram View Post
    Thank you all for your answers , i was comparing mine to that one she wants to buy and i thought it was an ok pc . Since i am fine with how mine handles those two games. The only problem i have is that i don't know how to compare the graphics cards, which is better. So i will write here for some extra comparison, if it's like mine ( or better) then she should have no problem with them since i like how they work for me

Mine :
    Processor : AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3.00 Ghz
    Memory (RAM) : 6 GB
    Graphics Card : Nvidia GT 220 Series

Linked PC :
    Processor : AMD A8-5500 3.2 GHz processor -4MB cache
    Memory ( RAM) : 4 GB
    Graphics Card : Nvidia GeForce GT 620 ( 1 GB dedicated), with hardware video editing acceleration.
    Why do you waste our time if you aint gonna listen?

The PC you want her to buy is a pile of junk, you are gonna waste 380 pounds.

Get the build potis suggested, it's miles ahead of the one you posted. The 620 is barely a video card and AMD CPUs are pretty bad for wow.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not even funny how huge difference there is between the junk PC you linked and the one potis provided, please don't waste your money mate.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)