Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    We have a warrior tank in the raid, currently i'm the only one. But we have 3 rogues, 2 Dks, 1 or 2 rets. And rest is ranged. So the tank can do banner and rally.
    Rogues get spots all the time. I don't think I've seen a rogue get sat at all thru tier 15. If they did it was rare.

    So melee spots are limited. Then it also comes down to which classes take the least damage. If you're bringing in 7 heals the last thing you want is someone that takes a lot of damage. Rogues are really good at avoiding damage.

  2. #22
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,911
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, with our utility DPS and CDs a good warrior will never have trouble getting into any raiding guild around his skill level, as long as they are actively recruiting.

  3. #23
    The Lightbringer Bigbazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    3,150
    Quote Originally Posted by galvin View Post
    We have a warrior tank in the raid, currently i'm the only one. But we have 3 rogues, 2 Dks, 1 or 2 rets. And rest is ranged. So the tank can do banner and rally.
    Rogues get spots all the time. I don't think I've seen a rogue get sat at all thru tier 15. If they did it was rare.

    So melee spots are limited. Then it also comes down to which classes take the least damage. If you're bringing in 7 heals the last thing you want is someone that takes a lot of damage. Rogues are really good at avoiding damage.
    Dps warriors have shield wall, defensive stance (glyphed gives no threat) and Die by the sword, the two cooldowns can be used without any damage nerf at all and defensive stance can easily be switched to in preperation for taking damage before switching back without any real damage nerf. Vigilance also provides a damage reduction (30%/12s) every 2m with no downsides to any person in the raid. Additional Skull Banners and Demoralising banners are always welcome as is rallying cry.

    Rogue's have it good when it comes to survival but don't overvalue them compared to a warrior, they bring less to a raid overall. Warriors damage being middle of the ground doesnt feel right as in the traditional sense the dps warrior was always competing right at the top, I find it strange that after Blizzard decide to abandon the "hybrid tax" the Warrior finally starts to be effected by it, albiet this has been going on and off since Cataclysm, aside from the occasional spurt of epicness at the end of Cata (Dragon Soul) Warriors in MOP are firmly middle of the ground hybrid tax dps.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2013-09-20 at 03:55 AM.
    I7 2600k @4.5ghz : 16GB DDR3 : GTX670 : Firestudio : Naga : G27

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Dps warriors have shield wall, defensive stance (glyphed gives no threat) and Die by the sword, the two cooldowns can be used without any damage nerf at all and defensive stance can easily be switched to in preperation for taking damage before switching back without any real damage nerf. Vigilance also provides a damage reduction (30%/12s) every 2m with no downsides to any person in the raid. Additional Skull Banners and Demoralising banners are always welcome as is rallying cry.

    Rogue's have it good when it comes to survival but don't overvalue them compared to a warrior, they bring less to a raid overall. Warriors damage being middle of the ground doesnt feel right as in the traditional sense the dps warrior was always competing right at the top, I find it strange that after Blizzard decide to abandon the "hybrid tax" the Warrior finally starts to be effected by it, albiet this has been going on and off since Cataclysm, aside from the occasional spurt of epicness at the end of Cata (Dragon Soul) Warriors in MOP are firmly middle of the ground hybrid tax dps.
    Are we truly hybrids when we lack strong heals/cooldowns for heals beyond a shared tier of talents? I know we can tank, but we're not reliable tanks outside of DBTS/Shield Wall stacking with Defensive Stance (which I have done a few times last tier) when not in Protection spec. It also seems that we got a lot of utility as most other classes got more utility, so I'm not sure why we'd be affected by the extinct hybrid tax and nobody else is.

    I don't mean to be argumentative, but we have a lot of utility and most other hybrids (those with dedicated heals) also have a lot of utility. Warlocks are considered pures, but I know they have a lot of utility now as well, and they're certainly not hit by a hybrid tax.

  5. #25
    I'm middle of the pack right now, but everyone ahead of me has gotten a weapon upgrade. I want to see where I am with 560+ weapons. Seemed to be the case in TOT too, Warrior starts off low-ish but once weapons got upgraded, we shot way up.

    WTF did they do to Monks? Ours skyrocketed in DPS, especially in AOE.

  6. #26
    I have 560 weapons did 249k on malkorok normal. Wasn't top, a rogue was at 289k first place. Don't think I could of done any better time everything best I could.

  7. #27
    http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Malko...14/60/default/

    249k on malkorok is top 100 so you are doing fine. If your guild is warrior unfriendly join mine then. DPS warriors are well sought after in oceanic

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by galvin View Post
    Don't think I could of done any better time everything best I could.
    This is generally a bad attitude if you want to improve. You can always do something better.

  9. #29
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,911
    Quote Originally Posted by galvin View Post
    I have 560 weapons did 249k on malkorok normal. Wasn't top, a rogue was at 289k first place. Don't think I could of done any better time everything best I could.
    If you think you couldn't have improved...

    You just didn't catch your mistakes.

  10. #30
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by galvin View Post
    I have 560 weapons did 249k on malkorok normal. Wasn't top, a rogue was at 289k first place. Don't think I could of done any better time everything best I could.
    Arms or Fury? I did 255751 dps on 10man normal according to World of Logs as Arms with my 543 weapon (check my armory link on signature). So yeah, I think you got lot to improve... Same for Siegecrafter Blackfuse, was boss 100% and did 258850 dps on it.

    Plus 2 set is ridiculous! It really gives unlimited slam rage, especially on AoE if you can keep slam on your main target where you want to sweep from. My raid group is calling warrior as being OP now as I can beat everyone on sustained AoE . While myself I know it's only because they don't try hard enough...
    Last edited by Kankipappa; 2013-09-21 at 12:09 AM.

  11. #31
    Mechagnome esoterickk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    574
    Posted this in the other thread:

    I see a lot of people being happy with their damage, but honestly I feel we're a little underwhelming in comparison to other classes (provided they're players of around equal skill). I think the damage will pick up with better weapons / cdr trinket so that SB can be used within every CS, but right now with just mainly ToT gear I find ST damage as not the greatest when compared to other classes on progression. The exception being attempts with huge uptime on feather procs, and even then other classes tend to be ahead.

    Not sure if others feel the same way though, it's definitely better than last tier just not as great as people seem to be making out either. I'm generally with skilled locks/boomkins/mages/rogues/hunters, so perhaps that's not helping my perception either.

  12. #32
    you think our dmg is good until you play with a decent monk then you realise its not

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Kankipappa View Post
    Arms or Fury? I did 255751 dps on 10man normal according to World of Logs as Arms with my 543 weapon (check my armory link on signature). So yeah, I think you got lot to improve... Same for Siegecrafter Blackfuse, was boss 100% and did 258850 dps on it.

    Plus 2 set is ridiculous! It really gives unlimited slam rage, especially on AoE if you can keep slam on your main target where you want to sweep from. My raid group is calling warrior as being OP now as I can beat everyone on sustained AoE . While myself I know it's only because they don't try hard enough...
    Fury, don't have 2pc yet. Don't even have one piece yet.

  14. #34
    our dps seems good, single target were behind most melee other than maybe dks and rets, arms has amazing cleave though so overall with both specs combined were fairly strong. Compared to ranged we kind of fall down a little, especially locks but it isnt huge as of yet, although Im wondering how ridiculous the gap between some classes is going to be once people hit 580 on farm, Id imagine then we would eclipsed by most ranged and most melee ST and pretty much only have a few fights where we can shine but we will see :P

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •