Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by ichime View Post
    While people seem to be exaggerating how "horrible" the nerf was, saying you can't feel the difference in shooting stars procs is just delusional. The amount of procs you get in multidotting situations is clearly way lower than in 5.3.

But yes, with the 10% buff, the new DoC, higher future item level and 4set we'll be fine. Sky isn't falling.
    I guess maybe I found a sweet spot where the amount of procs I lost simply ate away at a large percentage of my wasted procs. And I meant what I said, I can't feel the difference. There are so many targets to play around with in the majority of these fights; if you're playing correctly you'll be spamming starsurges just like before, only the Shooting Stars timer won't be refreshing every .5 seconds.

So, no, hardly delusional. I guess perhaps RNG has simply managed to screw you harder than me.

I think i'm happy atm how things are going. With 2 set bonus im doing amazing, and with 4set we will get back what they took us. But i still think Starsurge needs more work. best way would be to let procs stack to 3 charges, like FoN, that way we wont waste procs we cant use due to GCD or pros that we got during casts.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    I think i'm happy atm how things are going. With 2 set bonus im doing amazing, and with 4set we will get back what they took us. But i still think Starsurge needs more work. best way would be to let procs stack to 3 charges, like FoN, that way we wont waste procs we cant use due to GCD or pros that we got during casts.
    They already said they'll never do this because of PvP. Stack up 3 charges..obliterate a target. And for whatever stupid ass reason Blizz still won't separate all skills into a PvP side and a PvE side even though it would help balance immensely. And we already know have the tech for it because they have done it with some skills.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    They already said they'll never do this because of PvP. Stack up 3 charges..obliterate a target. And for whatever stupid ass reason Blizz still won't separate all skills into a PvP side and a PvE side even though it would help balance immensely. And we already know have the tech for it because they have done it with some skills.
    That could be simply fixed with diminishing return for PvP targets, 1st hits for 100%, 2nd 30% and 3rd for 15%

I feel fine with where the spec is right now even though I am still getting used to the DoC talent. After playing some other classes (elemental shaman, Arcane mage, Survival hunter) I feel that Balance druid is way more complex than other straight DPS classes, and the added healing touch priority into an already frustrating "rotation" is a little annoying but as always we adapt and the more comfortable we get the better we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuzgrum View Post
    I ran into trouble on fights like Galakras and Garrosh. I wasn't sure if I should Hurricane or DoT. Either way Natures grace ran out and I was stuck in the middle of an eclipse painfully making my way to the next one. What's everyone else been doing in those situations? It feels super clunky no matter which way.
    Curious to hear about Garrosh too, most of the time I was just attacking the weapon and the boss where everybody else was cleaving the adds and pulling huge numbers and making me look bad

In regards to the two posts above me, I personally ran Inc/DoC ofc on Galakras and dotted all the ads. I didn't use Hurricane once and ended up with 247k Dps. This is my parse if you're interested. Though I'd maybe suggested looking at the top 10 dps if you wanna see what's actually been done right :P Keep in mind, this is for a 25M guild

- I can't seem to post my parse, search up via Caelestrasz - Crimson - Galakras - Conspiration will be my character name.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    That could be simply fixed with diminishing return for PvP targets, 1st hits for 100%, 2nd 30% and 3rd for 15%
    It could but they won't do it. As I said, some stupid ass reason.

Signature Created by Jassinta

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always been so intrigued by the Boomkin spec, which is why I'm currently leveling a druid to mess around with it once I get him high enough iLvl. I believe the spec has always been really gear dependent, and one of the more difficult, but for someone who has no experience playing the class, this makes me want to all the more!

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    I swapped to DoC and I am seeing a slight improvement in DPS but I honestly hate the mechanic. It's basically forcing us to cast a heal prior to entering any eclipse. It's just...dumb. Why should a DPS class need to cast a heal to buff their DPS.
    You are not forced to choose DoC, thus, you are not being forced to cast a heal. Mages have essentially the same mechanic, if they choose to take Invocation. Cast another spell to buff your dps for so long, but again, they aren't forced to take it. And Boomkin's are indeed in a good spot right now whether people choose to believe that or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our single target is in an okay spot. I wouldn't mind it a little higher, but at the same time I don't feel useless like last tier on single target fights.

Our AoE, not Multi-Doting, is in a horrible spot. There is no chance against Warlocks, Mages, Hunters, even Paladin are up there (I don't raid with a shadow priest so no comment).

Since our Multi-Doting was nerfed, our "fake" "AoE" of Multi-Doting in places where adds die quickly is really bad, we just can't pull anywhere near the numbers as the classes above. With Hurricane still being very poor we have nothing to bring us even half way to the dps of the other classes with AoE, where Multi-Doting isn't relevant due to low healthpools. Would be nice if they had buffed Hurricane 10% on top of our single target spells getting buffed.

As of right now I don't feel cheated. But I play with nice people who are good players, and a raid leader who can assign people fit to their class strengths as well as personal strength to raid assignments.

10+ Year Old Account
    I must be doing something wrong because even though I believe I'm doing good dps in my guild's raid and I feel I have the rotation down and dusted, the moment I look at recount I can't help but squirm a little. I'm usually doing less than half the dps the top damage dealer is doing and when I try to look for the excuse that it's my fault, but then the other boomkin is in the raid and he's down at the bottom of the table with me with the difference being whether we died or not over how much dps we're doing.

I don't know, I feel really crap lately, like I'm letting my guild down. The rest of the group are great, even the newbies, but then you get me and going on stand by because the other class is dishing out a hell of a lot more dps than me.

I thought the patch would be a good thing with that nerf being barely felt, but something's gone wrong and I'm constantly last on dps despite grabbing all the good gear I can get.

I like the Starsurge nerf from a mechanical point of view and I also like that we use DoC for strong multi-dotting. I do think our DoTs need to be stronger though.

Deleted
    You should really use DoC on anything that has 2 targets or more. Then you will not notice the difference to much. If you are using Hotw/inc on multi target then you feel the pain. DoC gives us dmg back on multitargets.

Btw, don't ignore a DoC solar hurricane. With 4+ adds its ridiculous, and with more then that its competing for any AoE in the game right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Miscam View Post
    Btw, don't ignore a DoC solar hurricane. With 4+ adds its ridiculous, and with more then that its competing for any AoE in the game right now.
    It still doesn't solve the issues with Hurricane in that it lowers our cycle times and isn't worth casting without NG. It would be nice if they made it so casting Hurricane/Astral Storm made your NG duration increase somewhat.

Deleted
    I feel cheated any time there are a lot a adds + I have Celestial Alignment UP and dotting everything results in 0 procs of Starsurge.
    I feel like i have no burst at all and to me that's plain wrong to suck when all your CDs are up and there's a ton of mobs.
    (a warlock just inhale and exale UVLS dots on everything)
    I hate the DoC mechanic because even if HT has the same cast as Starfire, it eats Nature's Grace uptime without moving the eclipse bar.
    BUT we can't multidot without that talent because in the past while we were spending time dotting everything we could make up for the low dot damage with multiple SS procs, now you nerf yourself if you apply dots to more than 1 target :|
    Hurricane is also a pain because the adds are often tanked further than 30yards and every other spell in our arsenal is 40yards.
    Hurricane also eat NG uptime and the damage is not even on par with WW monks.
    I think that spell should hit for a lot more considering the huge mana cost, the need to channel it and the fact that eats NG
    BTW any idiot except Blizzard devs, by watching a method or blood legion kill video would see there's something wrong with aff warlocks....the class i'd like to reroll (powerful dots, powerful aoe, best in single target, great survivability, brings a combat ress and portal, can cast while moving... doesn't rely on NG uptime)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Succath View Post
    FYI druids are a Hybrid class and your specc is moonkin DPS. Other then that i have seen no real issues with our boomkin while doing SoO she is still up high as usual. so i have to agree with people here.
    If you are going very low its more about being abel to cope with the change or something else. but not the class spec itself.
    Yet no other 'hybrid' class has to actually actively play another role besides their spec to boost their actual mainspec throughput.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre