Should I stay warlock or go mage?

Like the title says, I am seriously conflicted as to if I should switch my main or not. I enjoy both classes a lot and can play both at full potential but I seem to do a lot more dps on my mage.

The biggest issue is, however, my warlock has been my main the entire expansion so my mage's gear isn't very good yet (514) but I've been gearing it up really fast. Went from 468 to 514 in just a week. And no, my warlock doesn't have the cloak yet because I stopped playing for a little bit after 5.2 hit and haven't had the stomach to do lfrs for the sigils/runestones.

I've been thinking about this for a while now, but I am curious as to what you guys think I should do.
    It would be dark inside my head...if not for the fires...

Do mages have green fire?

don't be a flawor of the month player. Play the class you feel the most. I can't believe people change main based on the numbers on recount , if my gaming experience had to be based on numbers i'd be quicker to play with a calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelkath View Post
    Like the title says, I am seriously conflicted as to if I should switch my main or not. I enjoy both classes a lot and can play both at full potential but I seem to do a lot more dps on my mage.

The biggest issue is, however, my warlock has been my main the entire expansion so my mage's gear isn't very good yet (514) but I've been gearing it up really fast. Went from 468 to 514 in just a week. And no, my warlock doesn't have the cloak yet because I stopped playing for a little bit after 5.2 hit and haven't had the stomach to do lfrs for the sigils/runestones.

I've been thinking about this for a while now, but I am curious as to what you guys think I should do.
    if you want to be on the cutting edge of raiding you will play what puts down the most damage or offers the best raid utility.

if not it really doesn't matter. play what you like and find those who will accept you as that.

it is not like you are choosing between range and melee where the choice would be come a lot more strait forward.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

How can we say?

It's a completely personal decision what class you enjoy playing most, we can't tell you what you enjoy.

All of the answers here will provide you with things you already know about the classes, or other people's opinions...

If you can't decide, roll a coin. I personally prefer Warlocks.

10+ Year Old Account
    As mentioned, this is entirely a personal decision. Only you can decide which to play. Since no one can give you a right answer, threads like this don't go anywhere and aren't allowed here.