Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    read the Text on the Quests.

    Quest Text "Progress : Have you run into any fel armaments lately? Let the Light do its work, <name>. Do not allow these foul objects to remain in this world."

    it does not refer to your birth name or your account name. It refers to your characters name. Therefore it is the character that earns the rep, not the player.
    You missed my point. Unless I'm playing it, my character does nothing. I (the player) physically performed the actions required to earn the rep. My character is just a digital representation of me.

    There is no negatives for account wide rep. The grinds will be the same. The time investment to get to exalted is the same. I'm not going to suddenly have a 560+ ilvl when I ding 90. I will, however, retain the effort I put into the game when I change mains for things like rep achievements and rewards.

    The account wide rep turning into an "alts require no work" is a slippery slope fallacy.

  2. #22
    Legendary! Sigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    England, Earth, Sol Star System, Milkyway Galaxy
    Posts
    6,897
    Quote Originally Posted by Epidemica View Post
    You missed my point. Unless I'm playing it, my character does nothing. I (the player) physically performed the actions required to earn the rep. My character is just a digital representation of me.

    There is no negatives for account wide rep. The grinds will be the same. The time investment to get to exalted is the same. I'm not going to suddenly have a 560+ ilvl when I ding 90. I will, however, retain the effort I put into the game when I change mains for things like rep achievements and rewards.

    The account wide rep turning into an "alts require no work" is a slippery slope fallacy.
    No I got your point.
    you believe that you should you completed the task once so you should reap the rewards on all your characters.

    if your lore master does that mean that all your characters automatically complete all the quests and gain the XP for them the moment you roll them ?

    How about in PVP do you kill an opposing player and all your characters get honor for the kill ?

    What about professions, if you love engineering and have multiple engineers on a realm, do you level it up only once and then have all your engineers at the same level ?

    where does it stop ?

    The game is an MMORPG. Lets break that down into its various acronyms
    I am not going to insult your intelligence and ask if you know what is meant by the MMO/G parts. I do however wonder if you know what R.P. It means Role Playing. That is you play the role of the character you choose. Each character is unique, each has its own adventures by completing quests, and is completely separate from every other character that your create. Whether you deiced they are related or not is down to your own role play. However in game from a point of view of the NPC's you are a totally new person and you have to earn the reputation all over again.

    Now there are items you can buy in game for a few gold that will increase the speed at which you gain rep with the various factions across the entire account, which after leveling 71 reputations to exalted I am grateful for. I do not however see the need for an account wide sharing of reputation, It strips away another level of immersion. If it is the Exalted rewards that you would like from the rep, then the most logical solution would be to have the armor / weapons on the faction quartermasters BOA.
    Last edited by Sigma; 2013-09-20 at 06:45 AM.

  3. #23
    I really liked the rep increase items you can buy once you hit revered in MoP and IMO was over do. IF it were to be made realm wide i would say it should be locked to realm/faction but its not a huge deal for me as once you get the rep boost its not too bad to level.

  4. #24
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    I agree with the concept but doubt they will ever do it.
    If you are Revered on one char you can buy a boost for most factions that increase repgain for the entire account by 100%.
    So its not as bad as it used to be.

    Same with valor, cap on one character and the remaining days of the week all characters on that account on that server get 50% more.
    They added all that stuff because so many people didn't play their alts as a results of their decision to gate valor gear with rep requirements. It's a bandaid. Account-wide rep is the actual solution but that's a violation of the principle of making us play longer.

  5. #25
    I hope rep gets account wide so i dont have to re do some factions. Im at 55 on my hunter which I havent played since Cata. If rep were wide i would have had the rest of the achis aswell. I would also have the Insane title
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Blithe View Post
    Most of the Wildstar beta that I participated in consisted of global chat talking about how much better World of Warcraft was until we eventually logged off and logged onto Warcraft instead (that was hilarious).

  6. #26
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,170
    You know what they should do instead? They should separate the rep gear from the valor point gear. If it requires rep to unlock, it should either be free or cost a small amount of gold to buy. OR, you can spend valor points on it without getting any rep with anybody.

    That would be awesome. People who enjoy dailies and putting in the time and effort on their characters - as well as the cash reward for doing them - do the dailies, get the rep, buy the relatively cheap gear as their reward.

    The harried raider who needed to gear their alt up so they can do whatever their guild needs them to do can farm VP until they're blue in the face and just up and buy the gear instead of taking weeks to get it.

    At best, if Blizzard ever did this, they'd make you unlock it account wide just like the bonus rep thing, only probably at exalted. They'd definitely find some way to screw us still. They'd have to, because most people wouldn't bother with the dailies. (As witnessed by them adding the revered +50% for your alts tokens)

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    No I got your point.
    you believe that you should you completed the task once so you should reap the rewards on all your characters.

    if your lore master does that mean that all your characters automatically complete all the quests and gain the XP for them the moment you roll them ?

    How about in PVP do you kill an opposing player and all your characters get honor for the kill ?

    What about professions, if you love engineering and have multiple engineers on a realm, do you level it up only once and then have all your engineers at the same level ?

    where does it stop ?

    The game is an MMORPG. Lets break that down into its various acronyms
    I am not going to insult your intelligence and ask if you know what is meant by the MMO/G parts. I do however wonder if you know what R.P. It means Role Playing. That is you play the role of the character you choose. Each character is unique, each has its own adventures by completing quests, and is completely separate from every other character that your create. Whether you deiced they are related or not is down to your own role play. However in game from a point of view of the NPC's you are a totally new person and you have to earn the reputation all over again.

    Now there are items you can buy in game for a few gold that will increase the speed at which you gain rep with the various factions across the entire account, which after leveling 71 reputations to exalted I am grateful for. I do not however see the need for an account wide sharing of reputation, It strips away another level of immersion. If it is the Exalted rewards that you would like from the rep, then the most logical solution would be to have the armor / weapons on the faction quartermasters BOA.
    I love how you extrapolate making rep account/realm/faction wide into somehow pvp/profession/alt leveling when that was not even mentioned and is not remotely similar in any regard and why would you have 2 toons on the same realm with the same profession? I mean I'm sure people do I just dont know why you really would, but again this doesn' relate to the stated issue that was brought up about rep. As far as role playing epidemica already explained it quite well especially since its not new since I already did the freaking dailies for it on another toon and now bc its an alt or new toon I'm not all of a sudden enamored with it since it really isn't new at all. In other words it simply doesnt change bc you are performing the work on a new toon, but immersion is a relative state. I guess for RPservers they could maybe not have it if they want to waste their time doing the boring grind again to get the rep they already did on their main, but for most, in my opinion, in a game designed around so many dailies this feature/option would be a welcome one.

  8. #28
    Legendary! Sigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    England, Earth, Sol Star System, Milkyway Galaxy
    Posts
    6,897
    Quote Originally Posted by metatation View Post
    As far as role playing epidemica already explained it quite well especially since its not new since I already did the freaking dailies for it on another toon and now bc its an alt or new toon I'm not all of a sudden enamored with it since it really isn't new at all. In other words it simply doesnt change bc you are performing the work on a new toon, but immersion is a relative state. I guess for RPservers they could maybe not have it if they want to waste their time doing the boring grind again to get the rep they already did on their main, but for most, in my opinion, in a game designed around so many dailies this feature/option would be a welcome one.
    Key phrases in your post,
    • another toon
    • an alt
    • new toon

    It is a new character, regardless if you have done them in the past on other characters, the character your playing at the moment is the one that needs to earn the reputation of the faction, not the player.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Key phrases in your post,
    • another toon
    • an alt
    • new toon

    It is a new character, regardless if you have done them in the past on other characters, the character your playing at the moment is the one that needs to earn the reputation of the faction, not the player.
    Key point you seem to want to ignore or miss-- It doesn't matter, you comprehend this right, whether its a new toon for people since the same, as epidemica has pointed out to you and I wont reply to you anymore since you ignore this, person is performing the action. Now for most I assume they resent the fact that they have to do the rep grind all over again on alts especially if they want to switch mains and that a minority would want to do this, which nothing is stopping them from doing the dailies anyways. Now to reiterate so you understand that it doesn't matter if its a different toon for the same person is the one doing the action and for most persons they couldn't give a crap about it being a different toon, I assume this, and that a minority would care about it, such as yourself, about doing the same crap, oh in your case adventure, all over again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •