Deleted

Glyph of healing storm and healing rain

Hi folks,

i noticed that after 5.4 our healing storm glyph does not affect healing rain, as it did before. I certainly didn't catch that change in the patch notes or anywhere. Your thoughts? Is it a bug or intentional? I sure feel quite less able to heal myself as of 5.4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladebarrier View Post
    Hi folks,

i noticed that after 5.4 our healing storm glyph does not affect healing rain, as it did before. I certainly didn't catch that change in the patch notes or anywhere. Your thoughts? Is it a bug or intentional? I sure feel quite less able to heal myself as of 5.4.
    Glyph of Healing Storm no longer increases the healing of Healing Rain. It is in the patch notes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cai View Post
    Glyph of Healing Storm no longer increases the healing of Healing Rain. It is in the patch notes.
    Pretty much this

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Glyphs

New Major Glyphs
    Glyph of Eternal Earth: Lightning Bolt now has a chance to add a charge to the Shaman's active Earth Shield. This cannot cause Earth Shield to exceed 9 charges.
    Glyph of Purging: Successfully Purging a target now grants a stack of Maelstrom Weapon.
    Major Glyphs
    Glyph of Chaining now increases the cooldown on Chain Heal by 2 seconds, down from a 4 second increase.
    Glyph of Cleansing Waters now heals the target for 5% of the Shaman's maximum health (up from 4%).
    Glyph of Fire Elemental Totem now reduces the cooldown and duration for Fire Elemental Totem by 50%, up from 40%.
    Glyph of Frost Shock now reduces the cooldown of Frost Shock by 2 seconds.
    Glyph of Grounding Totem now increases the cooldown of Grounding Totem after reflecting a harmful spell by 20 seconds (down from a 35-second cooldown increase).
    Glyph of Healing Storm no longer increases the healing of Healing Rain.
    Glyph of Riptide reduces the initial direct healing of Riptide by 75%, down from a 90% reduction to healing.
    Saying that, I've heard Chain heal is a decent alternative for aoe healing now, and ofc healing surge is still quite potent.

Deleted
    It's a bit stupid tbh, as HR got changed afterwards to a smart heal that only hits 6 targets...it's hardly going to push us too far up the healing meters now is it? Instead we've all switched to CH for aoe offhealing (pretty nice it is too) and eventually that's going to get complaints about being too OP in 10-mans (while ignoring 25-mans ofc), and the glyph nerfed again. (or worse)

Quote Originally Posted by Staticus View Post
    It's a bit stupid tbh, as HR got changed afterwards to a smart heal that only hits 6 targets...it's hardly going to push us too far up the healing meters now is it? Instead we've all switched to CH for aoe offhealing (pretty nice it is too) and eventually that's going to get complaints about being too OP in 10-mans (while ignoring 25-mans ofc), and the glyph nerfed again. (or worse)
    The problem with enhance healing before was occasionally, when the fight permitted it, we were basically a healer at the cost of 10-15% of our dps. On most fights it was acceptable, but it was abusable with stacking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Staticus View Post
    If you don't know that Healing Rain is stronger than it was last patch you probably aren't paying attention to any Resto shamans. It was already hilariously broken last tier in fights where the raid damage had the right profile, this tier it would've been even worse, so they nerfed it.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    The problem with enhance healing before was occasionally, when the fight permitted it, we were basically a healer at the cost of 10-15% of our dps. On most fights it was acceptable, but it was abusable with stacking.
    Anything is abusable with stacking...BoP to cheese tank swap mechanics, grounding totem to cheese some targeted debuffs (Durumu parasites etc.), class avoidance/immunity skills to cheese soak mechanics etc.

And even on the stacked fights last tier I was never able to get near the healers on the meters, only the shadowpriests and self-healing tanks...we were half a healer at best, and with no raid absorb/mitigation CD's (much more valuable raid-wise) like the other dps classes have.

If you don't know that Healing Rain is stronger than it was last patch you probably aren't paying attention to any Resto shamans. It was already hilariously broken last tier in fights where the raid damage had the right profile, this tier it would've been even worse, so they nerfed it.
    Not when it can only hit 6 targets at once...the nerf went out before HR got changed remember.

And that nerf is now obsolete because of the change...currently HR ticks for 7-9k on 6 targets max (before any SoO gear was picked up), last patch it was 15-20k on a lot more than 6 targets. So how can it possibly be stronger this patch without the nerf? (we're talking about enh not resto)
    Last edited by mmoc33659a5ac3; 2013-09-20 at 12:03 AM.

I'm not familiar with tick amounts to know if the values you gave are correct, but last patch those values would've had significantly higher overheal in most situations than the new Healing Rain does. The fact that it only hits 6 targets instead of the whole raid means that the healing is much closer to its full potential in more situations than previously, making them considerably more lucrative to stack had they not nerfed the glyph.

People didn't stack then in 5.2 because the niche was too specific, that wouldn't be the case any more with the new changes.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    when the fight permitted it, we were basically a healer at the cost of 10-15% of our dps
    LB was only ~5-7% of our DPS last tier with an EM/PE build, and we didn't have to sacrifice all of our LB's to keep up HR, so the damage loss was likely closer to ~3-4% or so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    LB was only ~5-7% of our DPS last tier with an EM/PE build, and we didn't have to sacrifice all of our LB's to keep up HR, so the damage loss was likely closer to ~3-4% or so.
    He probably knows, he just went by numbers that weren't arguable, since it didn't mess with his point and wasn't used as a counter argument

Quote Originally Posted by Enaina View Post
    He probably knows, he just went by numbers that weren't arguable, since it didn't mess with his point and wasn't used as a counter argument
    Well I do tend to overuse LB's as it's just my style, but yeah I intentionally overestimated it to be safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."