Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Lol. Don't emulate that sort of behavior, it actually doesn't get you all that far in the real world. Unless you're ok w/court-ordered anger management counseling.
    YOU KNOW WHAT I RAID WITH THE BEST IN THE WORLD, I DECIDE MY BEHAVIOR

this is the new me, ty rigg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurwyn View Post
    He's got the maturity of a ten year old. Why anybody would want to raid with somebody like him is beyond me.

(Oh wait, probably because it's the only "skill" they have in life, so it's either be some nerd's bitch and get paid for it or flip burgers.)

You can get people to listen to you without acting like a spoiled bitch.

- - - Updated - - -

Except in this case it definitely does.

Anybody who would put up with that is pathetic and must feel trapped.
    Or they realize that they probably deserve it? It's not like the guy is running around yelling at people when they're doing fine. Not to mention that they are a world first guild. He probably snaps them out of their sleep deprivation on nights where they raid all day.

if you let someone to yell at you, then you got no respect for yourself and honor. ok they play for money but i never seen such a verbal abuse in a game. wouldnt let someone do it at work also...in fucking real life not a stupid game

game world is a great place to feel better after normal work where you are simple worker... then you enter wow an became master of goats
    Last edited by punmar; 2013-09-20 at 01:13 AM.

He's playing with people that told him to lead their guild and help them kill bosses, they're GM asked him to be harsh to get his raiders in line.

He streams and puts himself out there for your entertainment, don't judge him cause he's not hiding.

People fanboy Riggnaros but, there are 33 other people who work as a team, not a dictatorship, when he is in his own guild.
    Last edited by Dominian; 2013-09-20 at 01:20 AM.

All that stress and shouting and BL still can't get world first with a day head start

=|

You can't pick out one incident where a guy lost his cool and went over board.

there's a lot of context you don't see.

These guys are good at the game, they're from the US, what more do you want? What business is it of yours how they conduct themselves?

I think it's funny, maybe that guy GENUINELY deserved it.

Maybe that's how rigg makes the big bucks

Just because you can't wrap your head around it, doesn't mean it's wrong.

Personally, I wouldn't be able to handle a raid environment like that unless it was equal parts uplifting (Tons of yelling, then tons of praise, etc)

Rigg is pretty amusing at times, and this is over the top, but there's mountains of context we don't have, plus I'd say there is at least a balance between the give and take ratio where rigg is concerned.

You know what's funny? when Coaches yell at their players in sports, nobody gets mad, even when it's the junior leagues...it's perfectly okay .... but if Rigg goes off, everybody goes nuts.
    Signature Nazi's suck.

Riggins is fucking awesome and what do you think that NO ONE leads all of the other top guilds? When you are competing for world firsts or even server firsts you need a leader, most of the time the leader will call you out on all of your fuck ups and if you don't have the right attitude you will go nowhere, i am pretty sure this same example can be applied to real life, not 100% on that though. Managers manage, Foremen keep their people on the task, the same is true for a raid leader in a online video game.

No doubt if the priest didn't know what he was doing, he should have said something before Rig blew a gasket. That said there are better ways to lead, and better ways to motivate the priest to improve. And if the priest cannot improve, it would be better to replace him without all the drama. You get better performance out of people long term by earning their respect, anger doesn't earn respect. Brute force leadership works great in the short term and maybe places like North Korea where you aren't free, but when you have a world class team you don't keep people together by treating them like dog shit. Eventually they will seek a better environment and better leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by Muezick View Post
    You can't pick out one incident where a guy lost his cool and went over board.
    He does this all the time, it's one of the reasons why his stream is so popular. Yeah there's context, but Rigg is not some meek and gentle kitten who was just having a bad day in the video the OP linked.

He lost his cool, sure. Over reacted a little. But how had that guy been doing all night? Was that the final straw? We're only seeing one piece of the night in question. Having dealt with idiots, it's very easy to just lose it with them. If someone is dying and no other healer is tossing out emergency pick-me-ups, do it yourself. I know Disc priests do have direct heals. Are they optimal to use all the time, vs Atonement? Not really. But if a direct heal is needed, cast it. Don't just go "Nope, not my division" (you are not Lestrade). You are a healer. You heal. You adapt to quirky stuff that occasionally pops up, or you lose your raid spot.

Edit; lavaalamp. All my love. Just take it.

Quote Originally Posted by lavaalamp View Post
    atonement healing when people are on the verge of death. you should be screamed at. sure rigg might sound harsh but that priest needed to know what he was doing wrong.
    THIS /10char

Quote Originally Posted by matters View Post
    Riggins is fucking awesome and what do you think that NO ONE leads all of the other top guilds? When you are competing for world firsts or even server firsts you need a leader, most of the time the leader will call you out on all of your fuck ups and if you don't have the right attitude you will go nowhere, i am pretty sure this same example can be applied to real life, not 100% on that though. Managers manage, Foremen keep their people on the task, the same is true for a raid leader in a online video game.
    I'm not sure work compares 100% with playing a game because people have different types of relationships and reasons for doing what they do. Basic leadership principles apply to both. Riggins style of leadership is more akin to a drill sergeant, great for getting people what you want them to do in the extreme short term, not great for inspiring respect, personal responsibility, independant thought, or personal growth.(which is why you only see that type of leadership used in basic training in the military) Treat people like shit and you breed resentment, and that leads to people wanting to see the manager fail, which works against the goals of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Muezick View Post
    You know what's funny? when Coaches yell at their players in sports, nobody gets mad, even when it's the junior leagues...it's perfectly okay .... but if Rigg goes off, everybody goes nuts.
    Good coaches never go on and on saying "you fucking idiot, retard, you fucking suck, shut the fuck up you have no fucking idea what you're doing you stupid fuck". Good coaches know how to get people to listen and get things across without having to shout "shut the fuck up" every 5 seconds. They also know how to shut up themselves and listen.
    Don't kid yourself. The comparison is terrible.
    Last edited by OscaR; 2013-09-20 at 01:33 AM.

He said "dawg" like 600 times lmao.

Dude be crazy...

I take no issue with Blood Legion from this because it's pretty much nothing to do with them. This was a raid outside of Blood Legion.

Riggnaros' leading style is hardly a secret, if you sign up to raid with him you know what's going to happen in this sort of situation.

It's not a leadership style that works particularly well with me, but different people respond to different leadership styles. I also wouldn't put myself in the situation of being in a raid with a raid leader from a top guild if I wasn't sure of what I was doing, unless I knew that they were just there for lols or specifically to teach me how to play.

People get mad because there is this imaginary US vs EU type thing on what seems like only this forum when it comes to raiding, its pathetic

Clearly Rigg does something right since they have finished top 3/4 (in the world) in the last few tiers, I'm sure it's all rated G in other top guilds when new tiers come out

Type rigg rage into youtube, his style is really secret...

Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    People get mad because there is this imaginary US vs EU type thing on what seems like only this forum when it comes to raiding, its pathetic

Clearly Rigg does something right since they have finished top 3/4 (in the world) in the last few tiers, I'm sure it's all rated G in other top guilds when new tiers come out

BL has been a world top guild for as long as I've been playing, and I started back when Wrath opened (on my own acct anyways)

Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post

hmmmm checked the title of the post... you're right, it reads "shit you didn't know about Rigg that I'm about to reveal in stunning fashion"

Or

It might be just a discussion thread. You can have discussions about things people are already aware of. Frankly though, a lot of people reading the thread seemed to be getting a first taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    For anyone who is still confused, Penance and Holy Fire/Solace should be cast on CD. With my curent gear, Penance heals for over 200k in less then 2 seconds, while Holy Fire/Solace is about 130k for an instant cast. They are also both smart heals, so they always go to the lowest health target. They both build stacks for Archangel. Include Divine Aegis for crits, and it's a no brainer that casting them on CD is beneficial to your healing.

Smite is a bit different in that it has a cast time and heals for a lot less. That being said, if the damage is sporadic and isn't predictable, Smite can be your best option sometimes.

Don't forget all the damage the Disc is doing during that time, which is invaluable for a 10 man.

The only thing that Priest was doing wrong, without having seen the actual fight or logs, is that he was using Atonement on a boss with 75% damage reduction, which made his Atonement heal for shit all.
    Thank you for sharing some factual clarity to this thread.

With that being said, a poor performer does need to be told they are doing something wrong but not assaulted with unjustified rage-induced abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelerena View Post
    God this guy is AWESOME. When you are using HOLY FIRE and SMITE Its to build stacks for the Mana get back. THAT IS NOT HEALING ANYONE for 10 seconds. If this heroic..which I think it is..Seriously...*sigh* This priest is a dumbass.
    Archangel hasn't given mana since Cataclysm. It's a straight up heal increase.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760