Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ateista View Post
    that is a horrible excuse. i was a SSG for the army, a combat veteran with 3 tours, and i would never, ever, ever ever ever, talk to a civilian this way.

i aslo don't want to hear some lame ass excuse for "the guy talked back to him", which is still no reason to go all vein popping on someone. sigh...

he has absolutely no excuse for his piss poor attitude, and does not reflect a true soldier.
    I agree. I wasn't excusing his behavior, it indicates a definite lack of self control.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    So what is weirder a guy going berserk on a guy for messing up his guild run, or a guy yelling at a guy who is in a video of a guy yelling at someone else for messing up their guild runs.

At least the raid leader was having his time and gold wasted as a reason for getting upset. Going berserk for watching a you tube video of it seems a bit more off.
    I was going berserk? errr not really. I questioned whether that type of behavior is acceptable. I find it ridiculous. The thread has kinda morphed into a leadership discussion as well. I'm pretty happy with it overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebsmash View Post
    Lmfao and hes "dawg" "homie g" this guy is the ultimate clown.
    People don't seem to realize that he was imitating the slang of the priest in the video.

I'm all for treating excruciatingly stupid people the way he did, maybe they will stop being so flamboyantly dumb.

Sometimes people get irritated by the sheer stupidity of most of the world.
    Last edited by Coar; 2013-09-20 at 03:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coar View Post
    People don't seem to realize that he was imitating the slang of the priest in the video.

I'm all for treating excruciatingly stupid people the way he did, maybe they will stop being so flamboyantly dumb.
    really? You're the exact reason I made this thread then. I just want to review what you just said. You're all for treating people that way if they are stupid or do something stupid. You get to berate them and perhaps they'll see the error of their ways and change right? God, I'd hate to be the person in front of you at the DMV if I didn't have my paperwork all ready to go. Would you just start screaming at me then or would you be a little more passive aggressive and leave a note tied to a brick thrown through my windshield in the parking lot?

i like how your attitude has completly 180'd, and are all about this thread now.

either you are, or you're not. make up your mind.

and no, you don't treat anyone like the way he did. regardless if dude was all "homeboy" this and "dawg" that. some people just talk different than others.

yeah it's irritating, and good luck getting a real career if you keep talking like that, but a true soldier(marine) will never talk to a civi they way this ass did.

i can't explain my abolute irritation on how he makes veterans/soldiers/marines look like shit enough.

i really hope you're reading this, turd.

i like how your attitude has completly 180'd, and are all about this thread now.

either you are, or you're not. make up your mind.

and no, you don't treat anyone like the way he did. regardless if dude was all "homeboy" this and "dawg" that. some people just talk different than others.

yeah it's irritating, and good luck getting a real career if you keep talking like that, but a true soldier(marine) will never talk to a civi they way this ass did.

i can't explain my abolute irritation on how he makes veterans/soldiers/marines look like shit enough.

i really hope you're reading this, turd.
    Prior to my previous post I didn't express my opinion on the matter either way.

Prior to my previous post I didn't express my opinion on the matter either way.
    eh.

btw, the "i really hope you're reading this" was not for you, it was for mister rig.

cause i really do hope he's heard about this specific thread, and is reading each and every comment.

work on your attitude, marine.

that is a horrible excuse. i was a SSG for the army, a combat veteran with 3 tours, and i would never, ever, ever ever ever, talk to a civilian this way.

i aslo don't want to hear some lame ass excuse for "the guy talked back to him", which is still no reason to go all vein popping on someone. sigh...

he has absolutely no excuse for his piss poor attitude, and does not reflect a true soldier.
    Pretty much this, if he ever aspired to hold an NCO rank in the marines he would have received leadership training. What likely happened was he probably never made it past E3 because of his anger management issues.

Quote Originally Posted by piin View Post
    really? You're the exact reason I made this thread then. I just want to review what you just said. You're all for treating people that way if they are stupid or do something stupid. You get to berate them and perhaps they'll see the error of their ways and change right?
    No, the reason I believe he was in the right in that particular instance was because it was obvious the priest simply didn't care about the game as much as the people around him did, he was just a ginormous weight on the progression of said guild, he was indifferent to his own mistakes and there is nothing more frustrating than someone being ignorant when they are working with an active environment that requires someones attention 100% I can take your question and reverse it on you: Would you not get frustrated at a co-worker if they blatantly didn't care about their job, didn't do their required tasks on time and overall brought the workplace production down?

Ive never liked Riggnaros, I do understand that as a raid leader at this level of play you need to discipline you're raid sometimes but yelling and calling them a stupid fucking idiot/moron is not the way to do it. If anything that makes people play worse. In this video both guys needed to take a deep breath relax and act like adults instead of children.

Quote Originally Posted by piin View Post
    I was going berserk? errr not really. I questioned whether that type of behavior is acceptable. I find it ridiculous. The thread has kinda morphed into a leadership discussion as well. I'm pretty happy with it overall.
    I am not speaking specifically to you. I think it is totally rational to this the raid leader is being a jerk and find his method less then acceptable. I just find if funny that some folks have started going crazy and slinging all kinds of personal insults his why as a reaction to him insulting someone else, who was actually hindering their raid progression.

It just seems odd that some folks seem to think that the appropriate reaction to me calling player X a dick is for player Y to call me a dick or worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    Pretty much this, if he ever aspired to hold an NCO rank in the marines he would have received leadership training. What likely happened was he probably never made it past E3 because of his anger management issues.
    Actually he is a Staff Sergeant which is an E-6, and yes he should have gotten better training, i know i got my leadership training when i became a corporal and more so when i attained the rank of E-6. He never saw real combat and was in supply, he wasnt infantry and he tries to act hard when he really isnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapzer View Post
    Ive never liked Riggnaros, I do understand that as a raid leader at this level of play you need to discipline you're raid sometimes but yelling and calling them a stupid fucking idiot/moron is not the way to do it. If anything that makes people play worse. In this video both guys needed to take a deep breath relax and act like adults instead of children.
    I don't know that fact that Blood Legion is currently tied for World First Heroic would seem to counter indicate that his style is counter productive (at least as it relates to Blood Legion).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I still find it really weird that Riggnaros is that ignorant of priest mechanics, considering the level he plays at.
    This was the part that struck me the most about this video.

I can deal with the language, what I hate is when people try to exercise authority they don't have/don't deserve. While he was in a position to call him out, the ignorant rage wasn't warranted.

Not saying the priest was in the right, for the record.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    I am not speaking specifically to you. I think it is totally rational to this the raid leader is being a jerk and find his method less then acceptable. I just find if funny that some folks have started going crazy and slinging all kinds of personal insults his why as a reaction to him insulting someone else, who was actually hindering their raid progression.

It just seems odd that some folks seem to think that the appropriate reaction to me calling player X a dick is for player Y to call me a dick or worse.
    no, a true soldier(marine), with true training, would of never talked to him this way to begin with, and if you watched teh vidoe, rig was cussing and vein popping before the priest even said a word.

if he was, in fact a drill, which i can 100% garauntee he wasn't, would never talk to a civi in this fashion. would of kicked him from the raid, and vent, found a replacement, and moved the fuck on.

he has absolutely no excuse, as a former marine, to act the way he did. hs is not exemplifing a true marine, nor a veteran.

he needs to work on his fucking anger issues.

I keep reading "well you gota be like that to be a raid lead" but I can go on youtube or just google Method(for example) and get maybe 1-2 example of their raid lead even yelling.

To be fair, Rigg isnt wrong...he just isnt delivering his criticism in the most...let's say "tactful" manner. I love Rigg though...he really knows his stuff and I learned a lot about the fights in SoO from him and his guide videos. I just would never, ever, EVER play with someone like that. I dont know why that healer stayed dealt with that though, I would've been outta there.

Also, it wont be surprising but that priest is no longer in Blood Legion :P hehe

Sounds like a real raid leader. Game needs more of em.

Quote Originally Posted by sharam View Post
    Actually he as a Staff Sergeant which is an E-6, and yes he should have gotten better training, i know i got my leadership training when i became a corporal and more so when i attained the rank of E-6. He never saw real combat and was in supply, he wasnt infantry and he tries to act hard when he really isnt.
    It's hard to believe, but I was in the Army so I don't know about the standards for supply in the Marines. In the Army you will get sent to receive training before E5 and before E6, and they spend a good deal of time discussing leadership principles and when which styles are effective and why. That kind of anger would have got him demotion after demotion in the Army.

no, a true soldier(marine), with true training, would of never talked to him this way to begin with, and if you watched teh vidoe, rig was cussing and vein popping before the priest even said a word.

if he was, in fact a drill, which i can 100% garauntee he wasn't, would never talk to a civi in this fashion. would of kicked him from the raid, and vent, found a replacement, and moved the fuck on.

he has absolutely no excuse, as a former marine, to act the way he did. hs is not exemplifing a true marine, nor a veteran.

he needs to work on his fucking anger issues.
    In all fairness, I don't recall him saying he was a Marine or even a solider. To the best of my knowledge some random person on this thread just threw that out there and it seemed to stick.