Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Herald of the Titans Yilar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    He looked at recount.

    >purplbbz
    >smite
    >minimum hit : 9k
    >maximum hit : 90k
    >average hit : 27k
    >total damag done : 891k

    He spent 50 seconds casting smite, a 1.4 second cast time spell that healed for 30k.

    He also cast penance and holy fire quite abit, I'll assume for equally awful output.

    To make matters worse, he picked mindbender, so he should not, under any circumstance be casting holy fire during a high damage situation, he doesn't even benefit from the "free cast and +3000mana" effect from the talent he skipped.
    I haven't done the fight, but in general there are many fights where there are periods of time where healing is low enough for it to be covered by one less healer, thus enabling smite spam, this is usually true for the beginning of the fight when everyone is 100%. Also you usually cast holy fire every 10 or so seconds, so you can activate arch angel and boost your healing. Naturally you shouldn't be casting it doing very intense healing periods, but it's hard to determine when that period is unless you've done the fight a few times, and if you just assume that all periods are intense, then you never cast it and thus lose out on better healing.
    Last edited by Yilar; 2013-09-19 at 10:45 PM.

  2. #122
    Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebsmash View Post
    Nerds being nerds. I don't see the big deal, this guy probably flips out over getting onions on his hamburger at mcdonalds when he said no onions too.
    No, it's not. It's jocks-that-invaded-nerd-culture being "nerds."
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

  3. #123
    Mmm he sounds butthurt. It makes me giggle. lolatonementhealsmakememadgais.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

  4. #124
    Riggins is literally one of the best tanks in the history of World of Warcraft.
    Blood Legion raids for world firsts, and if you screw up consistently in a guild like that you do not, and I repeat DO NOT deserve to be there under any circumstance. There comes a point where you are the sole reason we didn't kill this before the other guild - and when raiding for a rank that is unacceptable. At that point you're not wasting your time, you're wasting the entire guilds time; from the Raid Leader to the backups of the backup's backups.

    Even in a more relaxed raiding guild, people are there to complete the content. If you wiped on a boss 46 times because the same person consistently, like clockwork, was the reason you wiped, you need to remove them if you expect anything to get done. Are you as a RL or GM going to let someone's constant mistake waste the time of you and everyone else in your group? There are no doubt people vying for that persons spot, who would love to prove themselves to the guild. You letting the screw-up continue to screw up is ruining everyone's experience.
    Some people need to be yelled at before it clicks sometimes. Only babies should be babied, and babies can't play WoW.

  5. #125
    A lot of people mention Rigg's prior service. Does anyone know what his MOS was?

  6. #126
    The Patient Jomaty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    321
    As a raid healer, before I quit. Your job is to heal, not DPS. Rig does have a point, if people are full health, cool feel free to smite and heal with that. But if they are any lower than like 95%, top them off before you do DPS

    Did Rig go a little overboard here? Yes, but like most people have said, BL is sponsored. He does play with a lot very good players. Personally though, I feel that a lot of hardcore people like Rig should not pug. Because the pugs rarely compare to their guild members and this happens a lot of the time.

    However though, if I were that Priest I would have had two options there. 1 being apologize for not paying attention to the raids health and not let it happen again. Or 2, bail. I'm pretty sure this was on the PTR so nobody really cares about it, but I wouldn't put up with someone screaming at me the way he did.. But then I wouldn't try and fight back either so I don't really know lol

    Credit for the creation of this awesome signature belongs to Shyama

  7. #127
    Herald of the Titans RoKPaNda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Voolawl View Post
    Isn't there a point where self respect comes into play and you say, "Fuck this I'm out go fuck yourself" and leave?
    You would think so, but until a hardcore player takes their first extended break from WoW, they have no idea how little WoW raiding means and how unimportant it is. I say that as someone that once was a hardcore raider, and at the time I was okay with that kind of behavior from a raid leader because I felt like progression actually mattered. Then I took some time away from WoW and I realized progression means less than nothing, having fun is what's important, and yeah these days if I got yelled at by a raid leader that was obviously off his meds, I'd be like "Fuck this." and be out. But a lot of these people have been playing since they were teens and just don't know any better.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomaty View Post

    However though, if I were that Priest I would have had two options there. 1 being apologize for not paying attention to the raids health and not let it happen again. Or 2, bail. I'm pretty sure this was on the PTR so nobody really cares about it, but I wouldn't put up with someone screaming at me the way he did.. But then I wouldn't try and fight back either so I don't really know lol
    Option 1 clearly didn't work for that guy lol.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    Haha, it's hilarious how wrong he is about Atonement. Shit was so OP in ToT, and still is. You would think their healing lead would have said something. I thought these guys are supposed to understand how all the classes work when they build their comp.

    He did go overboard in my opinion. There's a difference between being strict and being a straight up asshole.


    Hi Naha!
    It was depressing how little he knew how priests work (thinking archangel was a talent) and not knowing how to read a log (easy to tell holy fire hits apart from dot ticks). Priest still deserved to get bitched at.
    nothing but empty space here bro. move along now.

  10. #130
    Immortal Ryme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In a field, somewhere
    Posts
    7,356
    Rigg is the nuts, best raid leader in the world for cutting edge progression in my opinion. You need to have thicker skin.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh


  11. #131
    For anyone who is still confused, Penance and Holy Fire/Solace should be cast on CD. With my curent gear, Penance heals for over 200k in less then 2 seconds, while Holy Fire/Solace is about 130k for an instant cast. They are also both smart heals, so they always go to the lowest health target. They both build stacks for Archangel. Include Divine Aegis for crits, and it's a no brainer that casting them on CD is beneficial to your healing.

    Smite is a bit different in that it has a cast time and heals for a lot less. That being said, if the damage is sporadic and isn't predictable, Smite can be your best option sometimes.

    Don't forget all the damage the Disc is doing during that time, which is invaluable for a 10 man.

    The only thing that Priest was doing wrong, without having seen the actual fight or logs, is that he was using Atonement on a boss with 75% damage reduction, which made his Atonement heal for shit all.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Aymee/advanced

    Game developers hate healers. We prevent their bosses from killing the players.

    "MMOC forums let me keep my job again. Whew." -Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street

  12. #132
    Please don't be so naive to think that Blood Legion is the only guild with a raid leader who occasionally snaps and yells at people.

    I completely understand if you don't like Rigg and therefore cannot root for BL, but if you think that you are noble or good because you think that somehow BL is less deserving of a World First kill because of their raid leader's actions, then you are living in a mirage.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    No, it's not. It's jocks-that-invaded-nerd-culture being "nerds."
    No, they are nerds. It just goes to show you that anybody, even those on the bottom of the social stratum, will turn into dicks with even the smallest amount of power.

    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.
    [Pokemon Y Friend Code: 1521-3726-7197]

  14. #134
    Legendary! vindicatorx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Posts
    6,883
    I have a toon on their server but have only interacted with one or two of them and they were civil.

  15. #135
    This is his life!!!!!!!!!!!! He has nothing else. What a loser. I bet he got his milk money stolen when he was a kid.

  16. #136
    Raid leader or not, you don't need to treat someone like that.

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Good leaders are in part good because they know when to be harsh and when not to be harsh. It looked like a healer in a top raiding guild, was having some problems with some basic aspects of his game and was not being responsive or taking responsibility for his the failure of his job. I would be inclined to argue the harsh response by the guild leader was called for in this case.

    Remember this is not a casual guild where fuck ups are totally the norm and shit happens to everyone. These guys are out for perfection and mistakes at the basic level are bad enough but trying to deflect those mistakes or not acknowledging them are a real problem at this level of raiding.

    Secondary to the raid leaders credit, most raid leaders would have kicked the healer long before the video got where it was. He was damn harsh but rather then just kick the healer as a loser casual he stuck with him and and tried like hell to get the healer to listen to whatever his advice was going to be.
    I agree that good leaders need to know when to 'crack the whip' but just going off of what's portrayed in this video, is not how it should be handled. Telling someone to 'shut the @#$% up you @#$%ing idiot' doesn't create productive discussion. There's constructive criticism and then there's this. It completely shut down the priest to accepting any kind of constructive feedback the RL had.

    If the priest is unwilling to listen to constructive criticism that's given in a respectable way, then you kick him and find a replacement, it's that simple.

    I understand the RL was frustrated, but some thing like, 'priest, you need to do a better job of preventing raid deaths. looking at the logs you're spending too much effort on dps'ing when you should be healing. (insert more feedback here). if you can't figure this out in the next few pulls we're going to bench you for another healer.' would have been more effective in getting desired results. I'm fairly certain that was the message he was trying to communicate, but the delivery failed.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Syh View Post
    The Priest was in fact bad. There's absolutely no denying that. But I really believe Rig handled this poorly.

    I know a lot of people are saying that maybe he acted this way because he's used to going for world firsts. I'm going to have to completely disagree on this one. If he pulled this shit while trying to get world firsts he would effectively be wasting time that could have gone into an attempt. He would have wasted time. That would be very counter productive to their goal.

    I believe a (much) better alternative would have been to simply kick/replace the individual who is under performing greatly as quickly and smoothly as possible. None of this bullshit. If a person is playing poorly replace them with somebody better. If they attempt to start any trouble after being kicked, temp ban them from vent (or whatever you use) and carry on. No stress, no bullshit.

    There's no point in trying to make a bad player a good player in the middle of a raid. All you are doing is wasting time, it isn't going to happen. I wouldn't waste another attempt with that guy. Replace him and carry on.
    Very well said. I'm actually surprised at how many people defend the rage level on this one. If he's such an accomplished leader, why isn't he able to get results without verbally demeaning the people he's trying to work with. I get that the raid we watched is a pug of some sort, but still, I really question anyone who is going to defend this as effective leadership. Is the wife who stays with the abusive husband proof that his actions "get the job done?" Just because they still have raid members doesn't justify his abuse.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    You would think so, but until a hardcore player takes their first extended break from WoW, they have no idea how little WoW raiding means and how unimportant it is. I say that as someone that once was a hardcore raider, and at the time I was okay with that kind of behavior from a raid leader because I felt like progression actually mattered. Then I took some time away from WoW and I realized progression means less than nothing, having fun is what's important, and yeah these days if I got yelled at by a raid leader that was obviously off his meds, I'd be like "Fuck this." and be out. But a lot of these people have been playing since they were teens and just don't know any better.
    There's a difference between Hardcore player and World First player. When you're part of a group that finished something before anyone else in the country or on the planet, it matters. Doesn't matter what it is. It shows you know teamwork and is worth bringing up in a resume for a position requiring leadership or team skills.
    Can you say you're better at everyone else in the world, or even in your own country, at anything? Doubtful.
    "Yeah, I'm a career gamer. You can see my hardcore gaming lifestyle was well worth it, and you'll find me on the 4th page of wowprogress.com. A real accomplishment. People all over the world know I'm better than everyone after that precious fourth page." said no one ever.

  20. #140
    Both the Method and BL video linked on the first page was 100% called for though. The priest is trying to defend his actions as if he did the right thing, then he brings an attitude. Attitude + being wrong is something that would piss off even the most calm guy (unless he's stupid).
    EU first PG wave 30, come at me bros.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •