Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coar View Post
    What I find funny is that this is not a Blood Legion raid, and you know nothing about the context of the video, you are fueled by the hive-mind of MMO-C.
    So he acted like an asshole in an unimportant non-guild, non-progression raid? Is that better?
    There is no context needed, because there is no situation where acting like an asshole is good, there are always better ways to handle a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by vastx View Post
    Nah. It's more of another coward behind a keyboard. You can give constructive criticism without being a dick.
    As a point of note coward behind the keyboard usually is lynch pinned to the idea that the coward is anonymous. Clearly this person is a public figure showing his face and name to the world. So I am not sure coward behind the keyboard really fits in this case.

Which is exactly what he did for the two days prior, the priest's attitude still not improving.
    So boot the priest and move on without generating ulcers on your ulcers

Which is exactly what he did for the two days prior, the priest's attitude still not improving.
    Calmly replace priest.

Next.

Quote Originally Posted by piin View Post
    So boot the priest and move on without generating ulcers on your ulcers
    Sometimes you try and better the human condition.

I would have probably left after that.

Archangel is an important part of discipline. That guy's an idiot who doesn't know how discipline works.

Holy Fire is also instant, and it does a DoT, so he's freaking out over about 30 holy fires to get Archangel.

Lol you're killing me. His rant bettered no one. That's the point

LMAO, he is bringing down the human condition if anything. He wasn't trying to better anything he was throwing a temper tantrum.

You're a troll right? I mean come on...you have to be trolling right here...

Deleted
    until a point i was against him but somewhere at the end i realise that the guy from the other side of vent or what they using is complitly retard and i dont mean retard in the game but irl

Quote Originally Posted by rottenpen View Post
    until a point i was against him but somewhere at the end i realise that the guy from the other side of vent or what they using is complitly retard and i dont mean retard in the game but irl
    Two wrongs don't make a right

This is why I don't get too serious with raiding, cuz eventually the raid leader will get too serious and start acting like this. I really don't like Riggnaros or anyone being like that. Good thing Flex is around for potentially some more laid back fun, rather than super serious business and yelling at people if they do something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Olianda View Post
    Not saying the priest was in the right, for the record.
    I don't think the priest was either, from what I can tell he had rather poor archangel management if he didn't have his stacks lined up for a high damage phase.

Logs would have been nice, there's little knowledge to go off of besides what is mentioned in the video.

I love how everyone bandwagon's into looking down on the RL, preaching how high and mighty and altruistic they would be given the same situation.

He's a raid leader of a top tier guild, in the midst of a progression race, leading a sponsored team; any and all parties knew what their goal was and playing far above the rest is required. If you fuck up, man up and admit it then don't do it again. The priest had been given constructive criticism days prior to the incident and seems to have regressed instead of progressed. Shit, I'd give the RL props for letting him stay that long.

All you judgmental selfrighteous neckbeards need to shut the fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Considering that it's Blood Legion, the dps from the priest is not needed.

A Flash Heal even is much more mana effective than casting Smite. I agree that you should cast Solace on the boss, but not Holy Fire. It isn't that much healing done and Penance should definitely be used on a player instead if possible.

That wasn't the issue though. The issue was that they had a player on 18%. If you try to Atonement heal when someone is at 18%, you're a bad priest. Regardless.

Our priest did that until we told him to actually save us. After that, he used effective heals and we actually cleared Iron Qon HC first phase every time from then on.
    Atonement healing is greatly overestimated by people still stuck in 5.0.
    It doesn't matter what guild it is. More damage = shorter fight length = less healing needed. The fact that is it Blood Legion means it's all the more important to get as much damage as possible considering how undergeared they are during progression. In any case, that was an alt or pug run, which means that not everyone there was nessisarily Blood Legion.

Flash Heal is not mana efficient. Greater Heal is more mana efficient. Binding Heal is more mana efficient if you aren't at full. Glyphed Binding Heal is more mana efficiant if the extra heal doesn't overheal (even if the self heal does does, and it can still crit), not to mention if you can get all 3 of them to not overheal. Smite is pretty much mana neutral depending on haste and spirit. Does it heal for less? Yep. Doesn't mean it's less mana efficient.

Why wouldn't you cast Holy Fire close to on CD? It costs like 5k mana, is instant, smart, does damage, and heals for about the same as Flash Heal. Penance shouldn't be used exclusively on a player, which seems what you are trying to imply. Not only does it have less of a chance of overhealing offensivly, each tick of damage Penance is smart, and therefore goes to whoever needs it most, and it does damage. It also double dips from Twist of Faith, which many Disc Priests are running with now. Only downside it that it doesn't stack Grace, which is really only a tank healing issue.

Using Atonement on someone when they are at 18% isn't being a bad Priest. You are generally chain casting your Atonement spells, so they will go to that 18% person if he is the lowest. If you see them that low, and you throw out a FH, that is fine as well. Know that if you see him though, chances are your other healers do as well, and it will just lead to overhealing and a waste of almost 18k mana. If you have Penance or Holy Fire/Solace in that situation off CD, you use those over FH. Atonement is always faster than a reactionary heal, since you are chain casting.

That guy got 2 heals from Smite in that 10 second duration, which would be around 120k healing, not counting crits. With a full chain cast of Smite you can get off 4 in that 10 second window. That is 240k healing if all 4 hit him, which should be enough to save him if he wasn't standing in shit. If the whole raid was taking constant raid wide damage then that is a different story, but it didn't seem to be the case since only that death was questioned.

In 5.0 Atonement was only 15 yards, which made it extremely situational. Once they buffed the range to 40 yards, Atonement became a staple of Disc healing. So you seem to have that backwards.

What you have stated is mostly misinformation. Disc isn't a throughput healer. It's strengths lie in shields and smart healing, as well as being able to do damage while maintaining hps, especially in a 10 man where doing ~60k dps can easily put you over that 1%. On 10 man normal Garrosh kill I did 62k dps, while doing 102k healing. We probably wouldn't have killed it without the damage I did in the last phase. Does that mean exclusivly doing this? No, but if your Disc constantly has to use direct heals, then the problem lies with the other healer, dps standing in fire, or bad tank mitigation. If you want a throughut healer, have your Priest go Holy.
    Last edited by Amerrol; 2013-09-20 at 04:38 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    I would have probably left after that.

Archangel is an important part of discipline. That guy's an idiot who doesn't know how discipline works.

Holy Fire is also instant, and it does a DoT, so he's freaking out over about 30 holy fires to get Archangel.
    Aside from the holy fire shit talk, he was in the right though. If atonement is the only heal in the deathlog, then he did something terribly wrong. He tried to pad meters instead of fulfilling his job.

Quote Originally Posted by BukkaKid View Post
    I love how everyone bandwagon's into looking down on the RL, preaching how high and mighty and altruistic they would be given the same situation.

He's a raid leader of a top tier guild, in the midst of a progression race, leading a sponsored team; any and all parties knew what their goal was and playing far above the rest is required. If you fuck up, man up and admit it then don't do it again. The priest had been given constructive criticism days prior to the incident and seems to have regressed instead of progressed. Shit, I'd give the RL props for letting him stay that long.

How can this be a progression race, when people are saying it isn't even a guild run?
    Either way, you try to help someone, if they can't be helped you replace them. Nothing is gained from acting like an asshole. Generally temper tantrums like that just suck the morale right out of the entire raid team. Nothing wrong with having a strict performance based raid team where if you don't perform you lose your seat, but there is still no reason to treat people like that.

Quote Originally Posted by BukkaKid View Post

There is always a better way to handle yourself than reducing your mentality to a raging child, but judging by your justification of his behaviour I guess you fall into the raid leaders category.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really wish some of you would realize this video is not and i repeat "NOT A BLOOD LEGION RUN" It was basically him helping out a friends guild in ToT.

I knew before I even clicked, this thread would bring out the passive/aggressives. Man, it didn't disappoint XD