Thread: Cosmic Satchel.

Cosmic Satchel.

Why even have this if it gets reset every time someones enters/leaves? This is bullshit no? Or am I missing something?

is that what it is? i wondered why i never got my satchels after an lfr...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's bugged and will be fixed. Just about the only way to get it is to get into a last boss run where nobody leaves.

I think there was a blue saying it was bugged.

Very annoying to see that it should be a reward, then not getting it though. It'll likely be my only chance of ever getting Midnight

10+ Year Old Account
    It's hard to tell if it's a mistake (read: bug) or an oversight on Blizzard's part. A number of people are reporting that making a ticket for it has gotten them a satchel sent. Based of the pretty ill outlook on the setup, I imagine it will be changed to 'original queue' soon.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    To me it should just flag you to receive the rewards it will tell you that you'll receive on the ready check, regardless of anything else.

I guess I should have expected this, I had previously done old LFR simply for the bags. Now I won't do them period because I don't trust Blizzard. Kudos Blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebsmash View Post
    I guess I should have expected this, I had previously done old LFR simply for the bags. Now I won't do them period because I don't trust Blizzard. Kudos Blizz.
    previously done lfr for the bags? you mean the bags that were introduced in 5.4? xD

OT: there was a blue post a short time ago that basically stated that you had to Q alone and all 24 ppl had to remain with you for the entire duration of the LFR to receive the satchel. So, perhaps that GM was misinformed.

Very first post shows the GM response.
    Last edited by Sketchy; 2013-09-19 at 11:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

We're currently researching this issue. I'll update when I have more information.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...4841?page=3#60

the lfd bag had similar issues before

my concern is that it seems to be the same as the lfd version. i got one and the gold/item was typical of the lfd version. maybe it was just bad luck.

i would expect to receive more gold and better items with the larger time investment.

I got one once
    40g and a flask

I usually get 80g or more plus flask/gem from the lfd one -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    previously done lfr for the bags? you mean the bags that were introduced in 5.4? xD

OT: there was a blue post a short time ago that basically stated that you had to Q alone and all 24 ppl had to remain with you for the entire duration of the LFR to receive the satchel. So, perhaps that GM was misinformed.

Very first post shows the GM response.
    When I meant OLD LFR I meant Pinnacle and other ToT LFR, after 5.4 was released. Lol

This is the response I received to a ticket which ISN'T true as I've queued since and it's still been lit up with no reward.

After looking into this matter further, I’m showing that we’ve recently received other reports very similar to yours regarding the new LFR satchels. We've had our QA team look into these reports and it's been explained to us as follows:

- If the light for your role is lit up when you queue, the satchel is not yet guaranteed. The satchel is only guaranteed if the light is still active when you receive the prompt to enter the raid. What commonly happens is the role is only in "short supply" for a limited time, and it can wear off while you are still in the queue. If the light is no longer lit up when you queue in, a satchel will not be awarded.

That being said, we're still forwarding the reports to QA, and if any bugs with the system are found, they’ll be working hard to make sure the issues are resolved in a future patch or hotfix. The game keeps getting larger and larger and with your help, our QA team is doing everything they can to track down and squash any bugs that are found as quickly as possible.

Judging from that reply, it is unintended or otherwise becoming a bait and switch, not that the satchel is that great anyhow.
    Stay salty my friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    It's hard to tell if it's a mistake (read: bug) or an oversight on Blizzard's part. A number of people are reporting that making a ticket for it has gotten them a satchel sent. Based of the pretty ill outlook on the setup, I imagine it will be changed to 'original queue' soon.
    I did LFR recently purely for the bag and didn't receive it at the end. When i ticketed blizz the gms response was "Thats just how it works sorry."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    I did LFR recently purely for the bag and didn't receive it at the end. When i ticketed blizz the gms response was "Thats just how it works sorry."
    Pretty sure the dungeon one did this when it first came out in Cata too. I'm sure it'll be fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    This makes me sad, No point in runnign LFR now, 5mans/scenarios are better for valor, SoO is the only LFR i will be running this patch unless the satchel gets fixed.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    It's bugged and will be fixed.
    Actually I don't think it's going to be fixed (any time soon).

I was able to determine that while you did successfully run the dungeon, but I do not see the Satchel anywhere in the logs. Sometimes this occurs because the group requeues or because of a disconnect mid-progress. I would really like to grant you the satchel, but that requires documentation and without that information, I am unable. I thank you for your patience and understanding.

I do want to let you know that if the Satchel was not produced due to a bug, we're unable to provide it for you, due to lack of verification, and this is across the board for all players, to maintain the integrity of the game. <3

If you're ever running a dungeon solely for the Satchel and anyone must re-queue, you might as well leave the dungeon as this will reoccur. This is also the case with Call To Arms.
    Basically, the satchel is just something they put there that you can never have.

I experienced the same issue in 5.3 with the LFG Dungeon tool. Several times I queued with the satchel reward being promised, and several times I recieved nothing. First I thought it was a bug, but when it happend several times, I made a ticket. The GM said then that it worked as a "buff" and only applied when there were too few tanks/healers queueing. Whenever there would be enough, the reward "buff" would be removed, and no satchel would be rewarded. I told him that this was a very misleading way to make tanks queue, and he responded "that's the way it is tho " or something along that line.