Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulestu View Post
    IIRC they just baked it into AR.
    Oh indeed, just checked out and it seems you're correct. My bad.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

    i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

  2. #62
    Do you no longer use AR and SB seperatly as combat with t15 4piece?

  3. #63
    Probably not since the set was nerfed to only reduce cost by 15%.

    I have a question about maximizing use of Bandit's Guile buffs.

    Currently I have Weak Auras set up to show my when I get the second and third buffs. Third one is called Deep Insight, forgot what the second one is called. So I know when it is up. How do you make the best use of this time that you have the buff?

    Currently I try to use anticipation to load up on combo points, but I don't always succeed. What should I prioritize? Should I try and postpone my Killing Spree for Deep Insight as well? And lastly, should I use Killing Spree with SB or not e.g. use KS and SB and then AR after KS is finished.

  4. #64
    Legendary! Ryme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In a field, somewhere
    Posts
    6,292
    Quote Originally Posted by Chancie View Post
    Probably not since the set was nerfed to only reduce cost by 15%.

    I have a question about maximizing use of Bandit's Guile buffs.

    Currently I have Weak Auras set up to show my when I get the second and third buffs. Third one is called Deep Insight, forgot what the second one is called. So I know when it is up. How do you make the best use of this time that you have the buff?

    Currently I try to use anticipation to load up on combo points, but I don't always succeed. What should I prioritize? Should I try and postpone my Killing Spree for Deep Insight as well? And lastly, should I use Killing Spree with SB or not e.g. use KS and SB and then AR after KS is finished.
    - I try to keep myself in high anticipation stacks until deep insight where I start dumping
    - Don't postpone KS for any level of BG
    - Use Shadowblades with AR, always.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh


  5. #65
    There's never a reason to use KB and SB together except in one specific circumstance. The only time I consider it is when I have KS just off of cooldown and popped my AR+SB, but Deep Insight falling off in 5 seconds. Getting KB off in those 5 seconds is better than the damage you lose from using SS/Evisc during that time (even moreso when you have 4p16). Since you do still autoattack during Killing Spree, and your damage is buffed by 50% during Killing Spree, this is the only time you should ever overlap KS with SB or AR.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    - I try to keep myself in high anticipation stacks until deep insight where I start dumping
    - Don't postpone KS for any level of BG
    - Use Shadowblades with AR, always.
    Only addition I would like to make is that it is worth postponing KS for the next insight level if you are reasonably close to it (1 max 2 SS needed) and you can reach that in a few seconds. Also try to empty your energy bar before KS-ing.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychowolf View Post
    There's never a reason to use KB and SB together except in one specific circumstance. The only time I consider it is when I have KS just off of cooldown and popped my AR+SB, but Deep Insight falling off in 5 seconds. Getting KB off in those 5 seconds is better than the damage you lose from using SS/Evisc during that time (even moreso when you have 4p16). Since you do still autoattack during Killing Spree, and your damage is buffed by 50% during Killing Spree, this is the only time you should ever overlap KS with SB or AR.
    Nope, not worth it.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by hYrsch View Post
    Do you no longer use AR and SB seperatly as combat with t15 4piece?
    You never used AR and SB separately the entire expansion. It is and always was especially bad to use them separately with the t15 4pc.

  9. #69
    Right, but it's even better now. If there was ever a doubt with t15 (which there shouldn't have been), there's definitely none now.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulestu View Post
    Right, but it's even better now. If there was ever a doubt with t15 (which there shouldn't have been), there's definitely none now.
    The only reason people thought they should separate them was because they were energy capping (due to lag, RNG, or just not spamming hard enough). As you say, that shouldn't be an issue now with SS at 50 energy, the t15 4pc nerf, and the eventual replacement of that set bonus.

  11. #71
    With the T15 4P you're definitely energy capping during burst periods - which can be more than half of your active time. But in my experience the synergy gained by stacking equal duration CDs (that both benefit from Restless Blades) far outweigh the energy lost capping during those periods.

    As an aside, I've seen several rogues do this, so just to get it out there: don't spam your AR/SB macro until you're off GCD. After you've opened Ambush > Slice and Dice > Killing Spree > Revealing Strike, wait that second so you get the full duration of SB during your main burst.
    Guild Leader of Eye of the Tigger on EU-Draenor

  12. #72
    Hmm, I have 15k haste and I'm not energy capping during AR/SB with t15 4pc anymore. In fact, I drop my energy quite quickly and am unable to cast on gcd. I'm curious what you're doing differently that you are not only able to sustain casting on a .5 sec gcd but manage to cap out as well.

  13. #73
    I'll Fraps our raid next Sunday and show you.
    Guild Leader of Eye of the Tigger on EU-Draenor

  14. #74
    Legendary! Ryme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In a field, somewhere
    Posts
    6,292
    A thought:

    With Assurance of Consequence and T16 4set, Killing Spree should be doing a much larger % of your damage done, so, would it be preferential it to run two main hands over main hand and dagger?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh


  15. #75
    It is, but only slightly. At 560 and with T16 4P, I gain 0.5% by changing my 1.80 561 OH to a 2.60 561 OH.
    Guild Leader of Eye of the Tigger on EU-Draenor

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    A thought:

    With Assurance of Consequence and T16 4set, Killing Spree should be doing a much larger % of your damage done, so, would it be preferential it to run two main hands over main hand and dagger?
    I tried to put my rogue in shadowcraft and swapped gear/weapons.

    I put up 4t16 normal not upgraded, with a combo of dual Softfoot Last Resort and with a Softfoot/Norushen dagger combo, all 2/2 upgraded. The double fist combo provided a better dps, but still in the order of 657dps over a parse of 277k.

    If people like big nubers, i suggest to go dual slow, the dps difference is negligible and looks are way better
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-10-04 at 01:44 PM. Reason: reading capabilities dead.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I tried to put my rogue in shadowcraft and swapped gear/weapons.

    I put up 4t16 normal not upgraded, with a combo of dual Softfoot Last Resort and with a Softfoot/Norushen dagger combo, all 2/2 upgraded. The double fist combo provided a better dps, but still in the order of 657dps over a parse of 277k.

    If people like big nubers, i suggest to go dual slow, the dps difference is negligible and looks are way better
    Essentially go with the highest ilvl weapons you can..

    If you have two Seismic Bores though.. yeah, two slow weapons because those are just an awesome model. =D

  18. #78
    Delaying KS for deep insight with the 4 piece still not worthwhile?

  19. #79
    If you're only 1 or 2 SS's away from next insight then it's worth waiting. But if you hold it off for too long you're losing another possible use, especially if you eviscerate while it's still off CD.

  20. #80
    I am not sure how to explain this, but optimal Killing Spree usage confuses me. With AoC, besides after the first usage, Killing Spree is generally off cooldown 10-20 seconds after Adrenaline Rush/Shadow Blades. I am certainly not going to delay AR/SB for more Killing Spree usage, so a good 40 seconds of Killing Spree's Restless Blades cooldown reduction ends up getting wasted while under AR/SB.

    Following this, I feel like I could safely delay Killing Spree (besides the first one) quite a bit for a better Insight level, without losing any Killing Spree uses.

    Anyone follow me?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •