Soul Calibur: Lost Swords

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmOQwbmNBI4

Sooo... Yeah... Not sure if want. One the one hand, Sophitia is back. Fuck yeah! On the other hand all the talk is about this being a free to play fighting game. I haven't found any descriptions of how their monetization is going to work, but if it works out like Killer Instinct is supposed to and you get everything for something like 20 bucks then I guess that's okay.

I didn't like the last SC because of it's shallow story mode and heavy focus on Sophitia's kids... Plus the whole killing off Sophitia between games thing. But since this game is looking to be using a modified version of the same engine maybe that means more time can be spent on the story. Maybe? Hopefully? Please?

I'm on the fence until we get more details.

I lost friends over SCII.

Never again.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Apparently it's mainly single player or something. I'm kinda alright with this. I've mucked around with the F2P Tekken (not a fan of the game, and the business model is terrible) and the F2P DoA (it's pretty fun and has a solid model...also BOOBIES), so I'll definitely be checking this out. I do enjoy Soul Calibur, it's good fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it have Taki? If no, pass.

i have every soul calibur game and chances are i will have this one also.

love wrecking head with that sexy ass taki

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Does it have Taki? If no, pass.
    taki was my fave in the entire series. was pissed she got replaced in part 5, but natsu was cool also. i seriously missed that skin tight suit with them big....let me stop there
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

Deleted
    Talim pwns all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was it SC2 or SC3 that had the Fighting-RTS mode? The one where you created and leveled up different Fighters and sent them all over the map to conquer points and defeat enemies. That is what I want! Bring that mode back!

I did enjoy SCIV was good, and I enjoyed the Create-A-Fighter tools they had. The story was decent too (for a fighting game).

I avoided SCV due to the emphasis on a single player campaign and not a true fighting game where you played through multiple times to get everyone's ending.

Oh, and also, bring back the intro song from Soul Blade. That thing kicked major ass! =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Was it SC2 or SC3 that had the Fighting-RTS mode? The one where you created and leveled up different Fighters and sent them all over the map to conquer points and defeat enemies. That is what I want! Bring that mode back!

I did enjoy SCIV was good, and I enjoyed the Create-A-Fighter tools they had. The story was decent too (for a fighting game).

I avoided SCV due to the emphasis on a single player campaign and not a true fighting game where you played through multiple times to get everyone's ending.

Oh, and also, bring back the intro song from Soul Blade. That thing kicked major ass! =D
    It was SC2 the game you're referencing, SC2 had an "adventure mode"

10+ Year Old Account
    That was the third one. Chronicles mode.

But yeah, I'm not sure. I haven't really enjoyed a SC game since 3, and the last one was a hugggeee disappointment with that botched story mode and general half-assery.

SC3s chronicles was great. I really liked the last boss stuff and getting the robosamuria outfit.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Taurome View Post
    Talim pwns all.
    A truer statement has never been made.

10+ Year Old Account
    and it's apparently ps3 exclusive *sigh* forget it Sc died with SCII

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    A truer statement has never been made.
    Voldo is a button-mashers wet dream. =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Raphael is the best. That rapier.

Amy too before they took it away and gave her that magical football thing. x.x

Voldo is a button-mashers wet dream. =)
    Amen, go to choice when it was still in arcades as a kid, just like Eddie from Tekken...

Deleted
    Talim is probably one of the most difficult characters to play but once you master her, you're unstoppable online.

She's quick but has shit poor range, so you have to get in close, but against the Knightmares etc, she's perfect. A good Ivy player always gives me problems.