Looking for some suggestion regarding Arcange stats

Hi everyone!!, I am looking for some suggestions in regards to stat weighing on my Arcane Mage. What I'm wondering is what is the max for mastery and Haste. I generally use Living Bomb as my bomb of choice and do my AB till 4 stacks then dump missiles. I did read though to keep mana between 80-100 , so if Mana was at for me 90 and I dump my Stacks of arcane missisles I can and should fire off another Arcane Blast and then reset my stacks with a Barrage?. I am sustained on a lot of fights only hitting about 140k dps sustained. I feel like I should really be getting some higher numbers. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Before someone asks I prepot all that for pull, keep bomb up 100 percent , ROP as much as possible standing in it.

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/kolx/advanced

Thanks,

Kolx

No offence Kolx but noone keeps bomb up 100%

Gearwise you're optimal for it

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/stormrage/kolx

Rotation is blast to max of 5 stacks (mana depending) if you ever get 2 missles up while below 5 stacks use a missles
    At 5 stacks use (both preferably if you have them up) then barrage

If sub 80% mana for any reason use gem to get back up or do a lower cycle of blast stacks.

Icy floes to cast while moving, always stay in RoP and always keep bomb up on many targets as possible (bomb depending)

EDIT: You're ok for frost, so maybe if not liking arcane try frost again.
    Last edited by Salystra; 2013-09-20 at 12:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Lo!

The reason i can see for you being as low as 140k with that gear is that you are dumping too much haste to get your 2nd tick from LB(with FA) and 4th tick of NT(MA). Don't go for that plateau if you go under 11k mastery, that's an easy thumb-rule. I have no evidence to claim i'm right, it's just what i've figured with my numbers, so you'll have to take my word for it.

if i were you in your position; i'd go for a lower plateau, like 3 ticks of NT @ 6414 haste. Like said; you're dumping to much of your stats into haste.

As for rotation i can tell you quick what i do;
    1. @ 5 sec, cast Rop
    2. @ 3 sec, Mirror & pot
    3. @ 1-2 sec, AB
    4. LB/NT up
    5. Ab till 4 stacks
    5.5 LB/NT refresh
    6. Depending on how i feel and on procs(you want all your procs up for first macro) i fish for 2 stacks of AM.
    7. @ 4 stacks of AB, 2 stacks of AM and all procs, pop your macro
    8. Dump your AM procs, and mash AB. When there is 1 sec left of AT you want to either use a AM proc(ST) OR use ArB.
    9. AT is done, you still have all your buffs and 2 procs of AM.
    10. After this you're in conservation phase, so don't go under 80%(i don't go under 90%).
    11. Rinse and repeat.
    More detailed i can't be really. Prob messy but that's what i do. Hitting up to 400k dps with that @ 440 Ilvl.

Good Luck
    Last edited by siaro; 2013-09-20 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Filling up

A large portion of your damage is your mage bomb. Make sure to track your trinket procs and what not and refresh accordingly.

Try to refresh it when needed on 4 stacks.
    Refresh it if your trinkets proc and its on 50% or less.

With regards to the above post, During your Alter Time, you always want to barrage to clear stacks before AT wears off. 4 stack barrage hits much harder than an AM proc.

Outside of that though, AM has an extremely high dpet. If my NT needs refreshing, I'll always use one or both my AM procs before refreshing it (or applying it to other targets) just to chance a third/fourth proc while I'm at 4 stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatetic View Post
    A large portion of your damage is your mage bomb. Make sure to track your trinket procs and what not and refresh accordingly.

Try to refresh it when needed on 4 stacks.
    Refresh it if your trinkets proc and its on 50% or less.

With regards to the above post, During your Alter Time, you always want to barrage to clear stacks before AT wears off. 4 stack barrage hits much harder than an AM proc.

Outside of that though, AM has an extremely high dpet. If my NT needs refreshing, I'll always use one or both my AM procs before refreshing it (or applying it to other targets) just to chance a third/fourth proc while I'm at 4 stacks.
    I was under the impression that Mage bomb was not affected by Arcane stacks. It is affected by Mastery, which is in turn affected by your mana. Normally at 4 stacks you have less mana than around 2 stacks.

Shouldn't you refresh boms at 100% mana regardless of your stacks?

Quote Originally Posted by Solidpat View Post
    I was under the impression that Mage bomb was not affected by Arcane stacks. It is affected by Mastery, which is in turn affected by your mana. Normally at 4 stacks you have less mana than around 2 stacks.

AB to 4 stacks, use AM procs, reapply bomb to fish for extra AM proc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Little tricks to increase your output when you have 4 stacks can incredibly increase your single target DPS. Managing your mana gem offensively rather than defensively along with this will also provide a boost to DPS. It takes a little playing around with and practice, but you'll learn these things on your own, especially in raiding enviroments.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidpat View Post

chance to proc am. definitely try to refresh at 4 stacks if it lines up just for the shot at a 3rd am proc. Also, after you've burnt your 2 AM procs youre usually back up to around 95-98% mana anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shortys View Post
    Managing your mana gem offensively rather than defensively along with this will also provide a boost to DPS.
    In regards to mana gem, if you glyph the mana over time minor glyph and use your first one with AT it'll double your mana restored (@ op). With the rest you can use one for a 5th ab every now and then or just when youre getting low on mana (not that that should ever happen).

First off thank-you everyone for the reply. I have been looking at this chart trying to understand it and I see the number of 6414 Haste Rating for Nether Tempest. My quiestion is this with no buffs just straight gear try to aim for 6414 Haste Rating?. I am assuming that Mage Armor is worn with Nether tempest as well?.

docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsDL8HE-bGDVdFFVWlIzbzQ5RFJJZGFyQ25xZmFYa0E#gid=39

Thanks Again!!

Kolx
    Last edited by mrgreenthump; 2013-09-21 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Double post.

Quote Originally Posted by kolx View Post
    First off thank-you everyone for the reply. I have been looking at this chart trying to understand it and I see the number of 6414 Haste Rating for Nether Tempest. My quiestion is this with no buffs just straight gear try to aim for 6414 Haste Rating?. I am assuming that Mage Armor is worn with Nether tempest as well?.

docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsDL8HE-bGDVdFFVWlIzbzQ5RFJJZGFyQ25xZmFYa0E#gid=39
    Thanks Again!!

Kolx
    6414 is asuming you're using mage armor and having the 5% haste buff in your raid.

This poor guy. Start at the bottom, work on your Bomb uptime, RoP uptime and mana management before you start getting deep into snap shotting procs and whatnot. Once you get that down then move into maximizing bomb damage and good AT usage, along the way you will develop your own feel for when you can squeeze in an extra blast.