Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    If Garrosh had the full powers of an Old God, we would not have beaten him.
    As it is, if the Alliance hadn't been there, we wouldn't have. We nearly didn't anyways.

ofc we would, blizz would of just thrown in thrall with some epic powers to level the playing field and we win.

Garrosh would own Arthas. Arthas as the Lich King though now that would be a different story, Garrosh wouldn't stand a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    Garrosh would own Arthas. Arthas as the Lich King though now that would be a different story, Garrosh wouldn't stand a chance.
    Garrosh was nearly taken out by Cairne, an old tauren, and only won that fight because of Magatha's interference. In Tides of War, he mentions (in his thoughts) how he wouldn't take on either Baine or Vol'jin in a mok'gora because they'd win. Garrosh is a good fighter, but nowhere near as good as he should be.

Meanwhile, Arthas was trained and bested some of the greatest fighters the Alliance has ever had. Muradin, Uther, various other paladins. He sparred with Varian occasionally (the two were pretty even), whom has beaten Garrosh on numerous occassions.

Reg. Arthas V.S. Reg. Garrosh; Arthas wins.

Reg. Arthas V.S. Empowered Garrosh; Garrosh wins.

D.K./L.K. Arthas V.S. Reg./Empowered Garrosh; Arthas wins.

Arthas is too good of a fighter, and his abilities granted to him as both a regular death knight and as the Lich King are too good for either form of Garrosh to beat, imo. It'd be harder to judge if Garrosh was able to live up to his family name as a fighter, but, well, he didn't. He was slightly better than average at best, and even that is likely because he was unusually big for an orc.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Arthas is too good of a fighter, and his abilities granted to him as both a regular death knight and as the Lich King are too good for either form of Garrosh to beat, imo. It'd be harder to judge if Garrosh was able to live up to his family name as a fighter, but, well, he didn't. He was slightly better than average at best, and even that is likely because he was unusually big for an orc.
    You overestimate DK Arthas (or underestimate empowered Garrosh), never truly losing doesn't mean you're invincible. Unless you've forgotten he had a few close calls during Warcraft 3...

Quote Originally Posted by greeeed View Post
    Arthas = LK
    he already defeat former LK mind control
    source: LK novel
    I think the point was that Ner'zhul had foreseen Arthas being his champion before he was even born... Arthas was a pawn :/
    Last edited by Baracuda; 2013-11-23 at 09:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

we beat garrosh without external help, we only beat arthas due to ashbringer plot armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    You overestimate DK Arthas (or underestimate empowered Garrosh), never truly losing doesn't mean you're invincible. Unless you've forgotten he had a few close calls during Warcraft 3...
    But Arthas was fighting superior enemies to anything Garrosh has ever fought (barring us). Arthas nearly died fighting a Faceless One and a few other things, yeah. Garrosh nearly got killed fighting only Varian and some worgen, and was only saved because his Kor'kron dragged him away from the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Garrosh beats Thrall, Thrall beat Deathwing, Garrosh > Deathwing ?
    the time garrosh won was in SoO. thrall was hold back the other times.

Arthas would beat garrosh.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Zanjin/simple horde main
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post25856782
    Coming soon Expansion ideas: Age of N'zoth, Assault on Agrus.

Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    Powerlevel thread.

Garrosh VS Arthas, who wins?
    Depends...
    Fully empowered Garrosh vs Arthas (paladin) and Arthas (Death Knight): Garrosh wins.
    Garrosh (TBC) vs Arthas (paladin): I'd say Arthas
    Garrosh (Cata) vs Arthas (paladin): Garrosh
    Garrosh (Cata) vs Arthas (DK): Imo Arthas again

Fully empowered Garrosh (with Kor'kron) vs Lich King (with some ghouls, yminar and few frost wyrms and such): Lich King

Why? I find Lich King's abilities far stronger then Garroshes mostly because he can rip souls from his enemies and general advantage against living. Garrosh has a big axe, shitload of interesting abilities and raw physical power... Also Lich King never gave us his full potential. It was all a "game" for Lich King, Garrosh actually wanted to pain his throne room with our blood. Lich King was laughing.
    Main: Wildmax, Drak'thul - Moonkin, Hardcore raider.
    Got 10x lvl 85 on Drak'thul server and 3 another lvl 85 on different servers and bunch of 10-84 alts.
    Hello no-life.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead_MAX View Post
    Depends...
    Fully empowered Garrosh vs Arthas (paladin) and Arthas (Death Knight): Garrosh wins.
    Garrosh (TBC) vs Arthas (paladin): I'd say Arthas
    Garrosh (Cata) vs Arthas (paladin): Garrosh
    Garrosh (Cata) vs Arthas (DK): Imo Arthas again

Fully empowered Garrosh (with Kor'kron) vs Lich King (with some ghouls, yminar and few frost wyrms and such): Lich King

Why? I find Lich King's abilities far stronger then Garroshes mostly because he can rip souls from his enemies and general advantage against living. Garrosh has a big axe, shitload of interesting abilities and raw physical power... Also Lich King never gave us his full potential. It was all a "game" for Lich King, Garrosh actually wanted to pain his throne room with our blood. Lich King was laughing.
    Kinda agree with this. Fully empowered Garrosh vs Lich King, now THAT would be interesting to watch. What ever happened to Warcraft 3 like epic cinematics
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Garrosh couldn't even beat Cairne in a fair fight. Arthas was hunting and making dreadlords run in fear long before he became the lich king. Garrosh beat Taran Zhu but not effortlessly. I'd say Arthas would win every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Garrosh was nearly taken out by Cairne, an old tauren, and only won that fight because of Magatha's interference.
    To be fair Cairne was considered one of the greatest warrior on Azeroth despite his age.

Vs Arthas i would say Garrosh would slaughter him but Vs Liche King Arthas he would get slaughtered.
    I'm a Forsaken. I kill firstborns while their mamas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even, when I feel like it, rip the souls from little girls, and from now till kingdom come, the only thing you can count on in your existence is never understanding why.

Yes we will... Just like we did with c'thun or yogg-saron...

Quote Originally Posted by Allieskiller View Post
    Yes we will... Just like we did with c'thun or yogg-saron...
    They were far from their full-power when we defeated them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    To be fair Cairne was considered one of the greatest warrior on Azeroth despite his age.

Vs Arthas i would say Garrosh would slaughter him but Vs Liche King Arthas he would get slaughtered.
    I meant it more as an insult to Garrosh than to Cairne. Garrosh had doubts (it's why he made it a "to the death" battle, instead of a traditional challenge for leadership).