Input for a new build!

Alright well now that I got a job doing what I enjoy and plenty of money, I decided to do a new build While I know some things will be excessive I'm fine with a cost of up to $5,000. Also I'm trying to stick to a Black/Silverish theme for the color.

Here's is the partpicker list of what I have so far:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-4930K 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor ($576.99 @ NCIX US)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme EATX LGA2011 Motherboard ($416.99 @ Amazon)
    Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($394.99 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Samsung EVO 1TB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($599.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($643.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($643.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Corsair 900D ATX Full Tower Case ($299.99 @ Microcenter)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic X Series 1250W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($239.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 Professional (OEM) (64-bit) ($129.27 @ TigerDirect)
    Total: $4063.15
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-19 21:29 EDT-0400)

Any feedback is much appreciated! Also I don't think I need that high of a PSU as I think 850W would be fine but I'm unsure right now. Also for the Mobo I'm looking for one with a black/white or silver theme but I didn't find one in the short amount of time I was able to look.

I'm not entirely sure what you want to achieve here. With about 1/3rd of the cost you could get about the same performance. Compile the sticky if you want further help, if you're going for an enthusiast build you should not really be asking for advice instead as that's mostly personal preference anyways.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

It's not that I don't know what works with what, I do this for a living, but I'd just like some input as to maybe a better color scheme MoBo or other parts with different colors etc. Also I know for a 3rd of the cost I could get near the same performance but I want higher end as I've been diving in to coding more recently and I want hardware to back that plus I do have 2 more Asus PB278Q coming so I need something that can perform. As to having 3 of those monitors it's overkill but I want the screen space for my IDE's and testing. I've been using the Torque2D engine recently and I'm currently developing a game with a friend. Granted I don't need all this, I want to do a enthusiast build for once with a 4930k but I want a different MoBo with better coloring.

I mean any input in to what might look/go better with the build would be appreciated.

Wait less than a month for AMD's 9970 since you're planning on triple monitor's. In all likelihood they should prove vastly superior than the 780s for that usage.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Wait less than a month for AMD's 9970 since you're planning on triple monitor's. In all likelihood they should prove vastly superior than the 780s for that usage.
    Not really, their crossfire technology is still miles behind. Have you thought of custom watercooling OP?

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    Not really, their crossfire technology is still miles behind. Have you thought of custom watercooling OP?
    Their "crossfire technology" is directly on par with Nvidia. Now, if you're referring to their microstutter issue, that was exclusive to GCN (even though it's been heavily resolved in current games). Considering 9xxx will not be GCN 1, overwhelming odds are that it will not be present this time around.
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Their "crossfire technology" is directly on par with Nvidia. Now, if you're referring to their microstutter issue, that was exclusive to GCN (even though it's been heavily resolved in current games). Considering 9xxx will not be GCN 1, overwhelming odds are that it will not be present this time around.
    No, not really. They've made pretty good progress with the 13.10 drivers, don't get me wrong, but they're not on par and they probably won't be for quite some time.

Deleted
    No, not really. They've made pretty good progress with the 13.10 drivers, don't get me wrong, but they're not on par and they probably won't be for quite some time.
    We'll see when real-world performance comes about. The current drivers seem to solve the microstuttering issue (CATALYST 13.9) to a point where the XFire for the 7000 (R9-260-280X) graphics cards. so they perform approximately the same, barring game-bias.

Actually I was considering a custom water loop but I'm still unsure as I've done it once before and to be honest it was a pain in the ass. Also I am thinking about waiting to see what AMD brings to the table with the 9970's so I might hold off a bit on the build for now until I see how those perform.

Yeah, lets not dodge your original incorrect statement. You said crossfire is miles behind in regard to 9xxx. Unless you want to back that up with some citation from a reputable source, don't mislead people. Frame latency was only an issue for 7xxx, and has since been fixed for the most part.

build pics

Yeah, lets not dodge your original incorrect statement. You said crossfire is miles behind in regard to 9xxx. Unless you want to back that up with some citation from a reputable source, don't mislead people. Frame latency was only an issue for 7xxx, and has since been fixed for the most part.
    I said crossfire is behind at the moment and it actually is. We have no way to know already what the performance will be for 9xxx, indeed, but given their history and the fact they've always been behind that's not a far fetched assumption. You don't catch up years of development in a year or so.

I said crossfire is behind at the moment and it actually is. We have no way to know already what the performance will be for 9xxx, indeed, but given their history and the fact they've always been behind that's not a far fetched assumption. You don't catch up years of development in a year or so.
    So now AMD historically has been miles behind in dual card configurations for years before 7xxx? This is news to me. If anything, they've been ahead. 6970 crossfire was extremely stable and traded blows with 580 SLI while costing less, same went for the 6990 vs 590.

4xx SLI was near impossible unless you had full custom liquid loops, heat and power consumption were atrocious, they didn't even release a dual chip card that generation. Meanwhile, AMD had the 5970 dual chip card that fared well along with 5870 CF.

4870 CF traded blows with 260 SLI until Nvidia dropped their stupidly expensive 285/280 cards almost a year later. Etc etc.

Anyway, you get the picture. Unless you have some reputable source (as I asked earlier) showing your unfounded claims to be true, don't spread misinformation. 7970 Ghz CF with corrected drivers performs better than 680/770 SLI in tri monitor setups. It is what it is. Considering there's nothing coming out of the Nvidia camp for a while, it's pretty much a given that the 9xxx top tier card in CF will be at the top of the pile for said situations.

build pics

Seeing a TLC SSD in a rig like that makes my eye bleed...XD
    Joking apart, I guess a 2x Samsung 840 Pro 512GB in a Raid 0 (price about $430 ea) would provide the same performance, if not better, but with stronger disk write endurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Krdan View Post
    Seeing a TLC SSD in a rig like that makes my eye bleed...XD
    Joking apart, I guess a 2x Samsung 840 Pro 512GB in a Raid 0 (price about $430 ea) would provide the same performance, if not better, but with stronger disk write endurance.
    Yeah I was considering that but the performance difference would be negligible for coding/gaming with the occasional video rendering. Also I'm not to worried on it's longevity regarding write endurance as I'll upgrade in ~2 years or so. I've been seeing good results from the 840 EVO series so I was thinking of giving it a shot. I'm also going to wait on AMD's next line up of GPU's to see what they are bringing to the table before I make a final decision as to what I'm going to buy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only thing I would change is the h100i for a h110.
    Better performance by about 5c and considerable quiter.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)