Thread: Flex and Normal

Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Flex and Normal

    I just cleared 8/14 tonight in Flex. I'm currently LF a raiding guild. People on my realm don't care about skill..ie..I have been a HM raider since ulduar. They only care about Ilvl and Ach(Exp). LFR is excluded, they even say "pst with ilvl and exp. Not LFR". Are people treating flex exp the same way?
    I'm the minister of mistakes. I'm the shaman of sh*tstorms. If there was a f**k-up pope. I'd have a 3 foot hat!

  2. #2
    they really shouldnt treat flex as bad as lfr. granted flex part 1 is easy as shit, but part 2 is kinda nasty. its almost up to normal so. just some finer tuned mechanics to watch out for.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    they really shouldnt treat flex as bad as lfr. granted flex part 1 is easy as shit, but part 2 is kinda nasty. its almost up to normal so. just some finer tuned mechanics to watch out for.
    They are. So I guess I won't be raiding until next expansion.
    I'm the minister of mistakes. I'm the shaman of sh*tstorms. If there was a f**k-up pope. I'd have a 3 foot hat!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    They are. So I guess I won't be raiding until next expansion.
    If you have the time to dedicate towards their raiding schedule and put effort into your application to guilds then you'll find one in no time - regardless of your experience in the current expansion.

    If they turn you down then they're probably not the right guild for you.

  5. #5
    For healers flex feels roughly the same, but there is more of a lenience on DPS requirements. Our realm is pretty crap, but we just get 3-5 guildies and hope the pugs can be carried. We don't check for ilvl. If someone sucks they get kicked.

    This one time at Brand Camp, I got Singed.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    they really shouldnt treat flex as bad as lfr. granted flex part 1 is easy as shit, but part 2 is kinda nasty. its almost up to normal so. just some finer tuned mechanics to watch out for.
    erm no ? the difference in tuning of 2nd part of flex and normal is huuugely noticable - galakras is joke on flex and will be wall for many guilds on normal till they get some gear.

  7. #7
    Flex's dps requirement is 40% lower and it's nowhere near normals.

    normal sha has 440m and it's easily done with 2/3/5. Flex sha has 440m with 2/3/8, where you can have like 40% more dps.

    Anyway really good guilds won't mind taking someone a little (ie not 520 ilvl, put some effort) if you have things like death's demise, tribute to immortality, hardmode clears while relevant(not 30%) etc.

  8. #8
    Moderator Nobleshield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Posts
    4,743
    Depends on the people; you will always get wannabe elitists that expect everything to go as smooth as normal went for people in full heroic Thunderforged ToT gear, to most people Flex experience is almost as good as Normal as at the very least it shows that you can handle the mechanics correctly (as opposed to LFR where you can ignore most things). PUGs will always want to outgear things so will always put ridiculous requirements on people.
    NOBLESHIELD
    Raids & Dungeons Moderator | Twitch Stream | Wayniac#1291


  9. #9
    If yout ilvl is less than 520 + you have no legendary back.. You will do at least 50-70k less damage than avarage 545 raider.. No matter what your skill is.
    Why should any hc raidleader give you a spot? Start with some casual groups to gear up and prove your skill with logs.

    To gear up - do lfr/flex + farm burdens on island.. Upgrade everything with valors.. you can easy get more than 535 that way.
    The big question is - what about your legendary back? Every hc rg demands it.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladzins View Post
    If yout ilvl is less than 520 + you have no legendary back.. You will do at least 50-70k less damage than avarage 545 raider.. No matter what your skill is.
    Why should any hc raidleader give you a spot? Start with some casual groups to gear up and prove your skill with logs.

    To gear up - do lfr/flex + farm burdens on island.. Upgrade everything with valors.. you can easy get more than 535 that way.
    The big question is - what about your legendary back? Every hc rg demands it.
    Lol at comparing flex raiders to 545 raiders. I think you might have misunderstood OPs post and gone all batshit crazy on him.
    Mew!

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by guybrush88 View Post
    If you have the time to dedicate towards their raiding schedule and put effort into your application to guilds then you'll find one in no time - regardless of your experience in the current expansion.

    If they turn you down then they're probably not the right guild for you.
    This.

    Find out how to save logs on WoL by yourself and record some runs. If you just have access to LFR or Flex, so be it, you just have to show them you actually know how to dps/heal/tank and deal with basic mechanics.

    When you don't have much past recent history or gear, there is not much choice. You have to apply aiming not be accepted in the guild right away, but to get a chance as a trial to prove that you can be accepted in the guild even tho you lack past recent history or gear. Write up a good, clean apply and you'll be fine. And don't use Trade. Go through the proper channels! (Hah, cwutidid)

  12. #12
    Pit Lord Cyrops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    US Eonar
    Posts
    2,438
    So I was asking around in my guild yesterday and now I see this post.
    Are there different achievements for normal/flex/lfr? I was thinking I should run normal just for achievement, but I couldn't find any Achievements that only say 'Normal or Heroic'.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    So I was asking around in my guild yesterday and now I see this post.
    Are there different achievements for normal/flex/lfr? I was thinking I should run normal just for achievement, but I couldn't find any Achievements that only say 'Normal or Heroic'.
    Raid achievements can be done in Flex, Normal and/or Heroic. You can do the entire SoO meta achievement in Flex since it doesn't require any heroic kills now.

  14. #14
    Moderator Nobleshield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Posts
    4,743
    I believe it's just an achievement per wing, no indication of where that achievement comes, although Armory shows progress for all. Pretty sure that each heroic boss has their own achievement.
    NOBLESHIELD
    Raids & Dungeons Moderator | Twitch Stream | Wayniac#1291


  15. #15
    Herald of the Titans zephid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,525
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    they really shouldnt treat flex as bad as lfr. granted flex part 1 is easy as shit, but part 2 is kinda nasty. its almost up to normal so. just some finer tuned mechanics to watch out for.
    No, not even close. You can easily clear flex pt2 with a raid filled with severely under-geared characters. Flex is harder than LFR but it's still a lot easier than normal mode.

  16. #16
    Moderator Nobleshield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Posts
    4,743
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    No, not even close. You can easily clear flex pt2 with a raid filled with severely under-geared characters. Flex is harder than LFR but it's still a lot easier than normal mode.
    I beg to differ (We are finding Galakras on Flex to be a big cluster), but everyone has their own view as to difficulty naturally. Flex is meant to be almost-Normal, so that should be the assumed baseline given that is the purpose of Flex in the first place.
    NOBLESHIELD
    Raids & Dungeons Moderator | Twitch Stream | Wayniac#1291


  17. #17
    Herald of the Titans zephid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,525
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    I beg to differ (We are finding Galakras on Flex to be a big cluster), but everyone has their own view as to difficulty naturally. Flex is meant to be almost-Normal, so that should be the assumed baseline given that is the purpose of Flex in the first place.
    That might be the purpose of flex, but in reality it isn't. Flex is a lot easier than normal.

    Is it a big step up from LFR? Yes it is, but it's still nowhere close to normal mode.
    Last edited by zephid; 2013-09-20 at 12:11 PM.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    Is it a big step up from LFR? Yes it is, but it's still nowhere close to normal mode.
    and now think why people were saying in ToT how ToT normal was overtuned for "Average " guilds - when the step from lfr to normal SoO is nearly exackly same as it was in 5.2 -_- guess who were right - flex is perfect tool to nivelate this - for many many people adding flex was best decision blizzard made in years -_-

  19. #19
    Moderator Nobleshield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Posts
    4,743
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    and now think why people were saying in ToT how ToT normal was overtuned for "Average " guilds - when the step from lfr to normal SoO is nearly exackly same as it was in 5.2 -_- guess who were right - flex is perfect tool to nivelate this - for many many people adding flex was best decision blizzard made in years -_-
    Flex was a great addition but there's STILL a jump to Normal. All Flex did was add an extra subpar level and give the people who can't/won't see that Normal has issues for average guilds another excuse to point to i.e. "Then Normal isn't for you, and Flex is" while ignoring the actual issues entirely. It's almost like:

    LFR = Bad players/people who don't care
    Flex = Wannabes who can't complete Normal
    Normal = Good raiders
    Heroic = Great raiders

    When it should be more like:

    LFR = Can't/won't commit to a schedule
    Flex = Want to include everyone, good and bad, and not min/max performance
    Normal = Have a solid team you raid with
    Heroic = Pushing the limits with a solid team
    NOBLESHIELD
    Raids & Dungeons Moderator | Twitch Stream | Wayniac#1291


  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    No, not even close. You can easily clear flex pt2 with a raid filled with severely under-geared characters. Flex is harder than LFR but it's still a lot easier than normal mode.
    true on some counts, Galakras is still a nasty fight on flex if u dont have everyone on the same page, Iron Jugg is a joke, Dark shamans are kinda nasty as well, and Nazgrim is laughable on flex.. mostly on flex id just say Galakras and dark shamans are the only tough ones.

    having done a bit of normal, yes the dps requirements are much steeper. i was doing nearly 200k on protectors and we still had trouble downing it in a 10m lol.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •