Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    If I can't get over 100k I won't even bother selling it considering it takes 30 days just to make all the stabilized lightning source.

Quote Originally Posted by volkanik View Post
    If I can't get over 100k I won't even bother selling it considering it takes 30 days just to make all the stabilized lightning source.
    I was thinking for my first one that would be reasonable(granted it will depend on the server stability of it). However I think the first month or so will sell for more. Second month however I think there will be a substantial drop in price. Im going to guess 100-300k for the first set. Then server dependent you will see it go to 40-70k. This is why I wish my alchemist was with me on my current server though. So I wouldnt have to buy living steel. However I may just level alchemy with my engineering toon(instead of herbal now, which gets its use to send herbs to my main for scribe chants). Need to price out how much it will cost. Will probably do it after I sell my first golem.

With all that said, I think any price above 75k for your first one is more than fine to sell it. However it's just we don't know how much its going to sell for yet.

Deleted
    Anyone who thinks they are gonna make piles of gold from this is are either playing on a very low pop realm with hardly any engineers or are just delusional about the prices they are gonna go for once the first 200 engineers put them on the ah. i wouldnt be surprised if they went for around mats cost on my server

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    Anyone who thinks they are gonna make piles of gold from this is are either playing on a very low pop realm with hardly any engineers or are just delusional about the prices they are gonna go for once the first 200 engineers put them on the ah. i wouldnt be surprised if they went for around mats cost on my server
    Wow what a shit server lol, why would anyone sell this just for mat cost? There's a 30 day engineering bop mat which is what will jack up the price.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tepes View Post
    Wow what a shit server lol, why would anyone sell this just for mat cost? There's a 30 day engineering bop mat which is what will jack up the price.
    what do u mean why would anyone sell this for the mats cost? u do realize u can farm all the mats=all profit, especially if u have an alchemist too even better if its transmute master. oh 30 days of clicking create from engineering prof tab once a day thats gonna jack up the price... like on those 502 weapons? they went for around mats cost too
    Last edited by mmoc122c1567f0; 2013-09-21 at 02:34 PM.

I'll probably put mine up for 250k or something absurd for a week or two and if it doesn't sell, or I see the AH flood with cheaper ones I'll just use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Metonae View Post
    Average price of materials on Kazzak-EU was 16K last week (didn't check this week). Guessing it won't be far off on other realms, so a reasonable price would be 30-40K.
    50 to 100K is way too much.
    Really for an item that can only be made every 30 days IF the engineering is on point and dosen't miss a day and there's no "catch up" mechanic to get it faster ? I think you're vastly underestimating the value of time. Also I don't know what living steel is going for on your server but here it's 500-600g so that's 15-18k for that + 300 ghost iron bars ( 15 stacks @ ~ 160g a stack) = 2400 so that's 17.4-20.4k in mats. It'll be easily in the 100k mark first week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    what do u mean why would anyone sell this for the mats cost? u do realize u can farm all the mats=all profit, especially if u have an alchemist too even better if its transmute master. oh 30 days of clicking create from engineering prof tab once a day thats gonna jack up the price... like on those 502 weapons? they went for around mats cost too
    They went no wear near mats cost.... They where still more then mats cost a week before 5.4. I haven't checked since.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't remember the realm, but one was hosted in Europe for 888k and undermine journal shows
    One in US for 444,444g
    Can't wait to see what they actually go for

Quote Originally Posted by re1gn1te View Post
    Really for an item that can only be made every 30 days IF the engineering is on point and dosen't miss a day and there's no "catch up" mechanic to get it faster ? I think you're vastly underestimating the value of time. Also I don't know what living steel is going for on your server but here it's 500-600g so that's 15-18k for that + 300 ghost iron bars ( 15 stacks @ ~ 160g a stack) = 2400 so that's 17.4-20.4k in mats. It'll be easily in the 100k mark first week.
    He didnt worked for the mount 30 days, he worked 1min each day or less for that during those 30days. If you miss a day its your problem, and that cant effect the price. It would be like Blizz saying, Hell our main developer had some family emergency so new expansion will cost 100$ instead of 50$. What are you trying to calculate? Inscribers could also make decks every DMF but had to invest more time and luck into it, but you didnt see the price go 7x initial investment even that those trinkets were more then a cosmetic thing. As I said you can put any price on AH, but that doesnt mean someone will buy it for that price. So asking 80.000gold for 30min work is just beyond any reason.

Quote Originally Posted by healzforu View Post
    i just feel 250k for eng mount vs 300k spectral mount, you can see the clear winner here.
    Yeah, the winner is clear.

Those spectral mounts are ugly as shit.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    Yeah, the winner is clear.

Those spectral mounts are ugly as shit.
    Beauties in the eye of the beholder I like the Sky Golem, but it's just one mount to add to my number, I LOVE my spectral Tiger

First week this mount is up, I think the prices can vary on servers. But for 30 days, it will probably be triple the mats spent easily. As each day passes and the people desperate to show one off obtains one, it will undercut itself to probably double the mats spent and sustain until the end of the tier. Somewhat like the jc mount, how they are pretty much dirt cheap atm to get.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    He didnt worked for the mount 30 days, he worked 1min each day or less for that during those 30days. If you miss a day its your problem, and that cant effect the price. It would be like Blizz saying, Hell our main developer had some family emergency so new expansion will cost 100$ instead of 50$. What are you trying to calculate? Inscribers could also make decks every DMF but had to invest more time and luck into it, but you didnt see the price go 7x initial investment even that those trinkets were more then a cosmetic thing. As I said you can put any price on AH, but that doesnt mean someone will buy it for that price. So asking 80.000gold for 30min work is just beyond any reason.
    I don't understand people like you, so you all just want an mount to be cheap? So what would be your offer?30k gold? We wait those 30 days not you and if i can't sell it for 250k gold as some guy said i rather keep for my self than to give it away for nothing. I just hate people of your kind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by healzforu View Post
    i just feel 250k for eng mount vs 300k spectral mount, you can see the clear winner here.
    If I'd see a Spectral Tiger and a Sky Golem that close price-wise on the AH, I wouldn't even have to think twice.
    Unfortunately, on my server, there wasn't a single Spectral Tiger for sale EVER.

10+ Year Old Account
    i really doubt there will be a flood of golems on the first days.

for every engineer who crafts one, perhaps even several, perhaps EVEN respeccs professions to do so there are LEGIONS of players who don't care and don't know about it. players who will not know it even exists till they see it in a bg. people who don't read patchnotes ...

i really REALLY doubt there will be more than around ten in the ah the first week per day.

you have to reduce the available number further for those who are sold outside the ah, who reserved one already and most importantly who will make the first one for themselves. i struggle between keeping and selling my first. and i think i am not alone. among those engineers who HAVE a golem the first week i am sure are many who will keep it.

another point why mounts are more expensive than armors and weapons is that they are vanity items. i would never pay even 1k gold for the best craftable armor piece even if it would take two months to make. one patch later and it is close to obsolete. why should i invest money when i can wait for a drop with the same ilvl? while there are enough to invest heavily in their gear i would say they are in the minority. people in lfr are so cheap they dont even enchant and socket their gear until it is bis for that patch (some not even then). those kinds don't pay 20k for gloves. and especially not gloves that last some months till the next patch ...

mounts on the other hand could be totally overpriced compared to the investment and still find someone to buy them. because they last longer in their value. and prestige. while most in here seem to fear that the market will be flooded with golems so that every one has one at the end of the year i would say it will be the opposite.

while i personally would never buy a mount for 100k (because i made less than 200k since RELEASE of constant play and clearly don't have that amount), i don't see why they should not sell even months after the initial wave.

in short: the mount will stay rare and pricey for a rather long time imo. the number of people who will craft it will be much lower than many here seem to think. the only exception could be the highest populated servers, as they attract more good players. the rest of the engineers will most likely feed of the casual "i just saw it and i need it!" player who probably will pay something extra for the instant gratification without pricing research.

When I've made mine, if they're going on my servers AH for over 100k, I'll list it, use the profit to buy 30 living steels (or the ore/bars, which ever is cheaper) and wait a month till I get my own.

The living steel is the only annoyance for the mats, getting enough ore for the energy sources isnt too bad, but you need 6 times the amount per living steel, unless you can be bothered to use the farm and plant the ore seeds, use SoHs to get trillium ore, or buy them off the AH. And without being sure how much I can get for it, I'll take the farming method (which doesnt take that long, but still meands logging in most days to plant/harvest).
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    You know, at some point, Hitler was "just a beta" and people didn't stop him... then he went live.
    Just saying.
    MMO Champ forums - where Cata is comparable to Hitler.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    On that note - do you also believe the 553 gear (like the plate legs) will also be extremely high priced - due to only being able to make 1 pair every 28 days? Obviously with out using Spirits of war.
    yes, people on my server are already taking pre-orders at 75k for pants and 60k for belts and lesser items. just like the new epic bags being over 5k... and they only take 5 days to make

I did not had an Engineering.
    So the day I learned about this mount coming up for this patch, I made an Engineering. ( I have 5 level 90's)
    And I guess I am not the only one who had ¨this brilliant idea¨

My guess this mount is not going to go sky high because most of the people have en Engineering toon and it's cheap to make.
    Just don't buy 30 livings steels on the same days.
    If you are not in rush to show your mount ¨on the first day¨ and you can sell it moore than 75k, then go for it
    My guess, some unlucky SOB are gonna get screwed for 125k on the first day
    After a couple of days( the same week end) , good luck to have more that the cost price(15k) + 3000k gold

This mount is going to be popular and easy to afford

The only incoveniant, I have to stop making belt buckle with my living steel cd
    Last edited by Phuongvi; 2013-09-29 at 10:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    on the 8-10th of october i intend to put tons of living steel on the ah :S

80-100k. I personally won't sell cheaper. If they will sell less, I'll just present one I've been crafting to our RL, because selling this for a miserable sum of 30-40k is a no go for me.