• I am bored.

8 18.60%
  • Another reason.

9 20.93%

Thread: Why do you PvP?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Why do you PvP?

For what reasons might you still be into playing WoW PvP?

When I was looking at my account screen for the first time, it asked me to choose a PvE or PvP realm. I chose the PvP realm because I wanted to be able to fight someone occasionally in the world. Little did I know that World PvP is one of the things I enjoy the most about this game (Except you, Timeless Isle.). I played as a hardcore raider with little to do with PvE until I was top DPS in the core raiding group, and for 5 months straight I was screwed over by our GM because his alts needed gear, even though I had massive DKP. I turned to PvP. I <3 PvP. It's nice to actually use my brain for a video game.

Because it's a feature of WoW.

I PvP only when there is nice gear for transmog. And I hate every minute of it. Once I get my gears, I'm done. PvP in WoW has never been balanced, unlike so many other (good) PvP options out there.

Deleted
    90% because i enjoy murdering kids in a virtual world with my irl-mates.
    10% i still have hopes that it will one day be balanced (yeah.. im a lost cause i know)

10+ Year Old Account
    I PvP because it is fun for me.

It's dynamic and I can do it without having to spend the obscene amount of time I did when I did hardcore PvE.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Deleted
    Constantly striving for new achievements(ratings) playing with new people and constantly improving has kept me to PvP since TBC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I have fun, and can still play well when I'm so drunk I can't see straight. I only do it with groups of friends though.

Playing on a private server that only focuses on PvP as PvP is the only thing I enjoy about WoW, and I find it really not worth to pay a fee every month to play MoP as the PvP is garbage imo. Mainly playing WotLK, sometimes Cataclysm.
    Hi

pvp because I don't enjoy killing scripted npcs that do the same stuff over and over :'D
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Deleted
    I feel so proud for being only one clicking "PvP is balanced."

Used to do it because it was was fun, MoP and to some extent Cata ruined that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like to run around and blow people up who are being jerks to lowbies. Usually when im bored and doing nothing else.

Competition and because when I started, it was what my friends done.

Deleted
    To ask why do we PvP is to ask why tears fall...

PvP because I enjoy playing with friends, but don't have the patience/time/effort for raiding. I also find PvP much more intense and competitive.

Legendary questline
    Where i upload all my music:
    My Soundcloud!

Deleted
    3v3 arenas is probably the most fun design for a pvp game/feature, and ofc the competition

Playing on a private server that only focuses on PvP as PvP is the only thing I enjoy about WoW, and I find it really not worth to pay a fee every month to play MoP as the PvP is garbage imo. Mainly playing WotLK, sometimes Cataclysm.
    "Almost" same here

I enjoy PvP because it is never the same. I found PvE incredibly boring. The NPC/Boss will do the exact same thing everytime.

Some could argue that PvP is the same, Class X does Y move when Z happens, but in PvP you have to constantly react and think on your feet.

I also get this rush afterwards that I FREAKING LOVE. Its exciting because depending on how well you play, you can determine the outcome.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking