Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How are you all accumulating valor in 5.4?

With maxed factions (no need to do dailies), item level in-line with current LFR/flex (no need to do previous tiers of LFR and/or heroic scenarios), and with only a few of the timeless isle quests rewarding valor, how are you all getting yours? With more wings of LFR to-be-released shortly, it'll be less of an issue, but I've noticed there's not much else short of doing previous content. Is this correct, or am I missing something?

By doing LFR previous wings, flex modes, heroic dungeons, heroic scenarios even if i don't need the gear from those, i care about the valor points

Heroic scenarios are my favorite way of getting some valor points, 150 valor points in less than 10 minutes (for the first one of the day). That's hard to beat.

Daily scenario and daily heroic. If you can get one, a heroic scenario. Additionally I do LFR/Flex/regular raiding though that may change shortly. Lastly, the collect 50 epoch stones weekly for the hourglass deal is 200 valor. Unfortunately collecting 50 epoch stones SUCKS.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Heroic Scenarios are worth a crapton of valor, especially if you make the timer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

10+ Year Old Account
    dungeon/ scenario once a day >.< It would include heroic scenario but they decided to not add a queue to it to try and discourage people from doing it...I've never know a game company that actively trys to discourage people from doing in game activity s like blizzard does :S

I'm raiding, but the timeless isle also offers a few quests that are worth picking up. If you're hard pressed for VP, just do the heroic scenarios, most of them take like 7 minutes and if you're in a good group, you can cap VP in no time.

I'm hardly paying attention to valor.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I'm hardly paying attention to valor.
    For some, it's a moot point; however, with the rate that I'm getting new gear through LFR/Flex/Normal/World bosses, I'm trying to upgrade it ASAP. Thanks for your replies, everyone. I figured as much as far as previous content was concerned. Heroic scenarios will continue to be my go-to.

Timeless Isle valor quests, raiding normals and flex. I managed to cap last week without doing a single daily quest or heroic scenario.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    All you have to do is a heroic scenario a day, plus the quest from the Timeless Isle for the Epoch Stones, which yields the 200 extra valor points you may need if you missed the bonus scenario valor.

Deleted
    HC scen on my hunter main, old LFR on my prot warr alt (he gets lots of runs with only the last boss to go, quick 90 valor )

10+ Year Old Account
    Weekly quest on Timeless isle, daily quest on Timeless Isle, Flex, sometimes a daily 5-man. Pretty OK I guess.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    Old LFRs, I've only ever maxed out VP once this xpac, when I was doing scenarios a lot more often.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't been bothering to cap them. If I do LFR and flex that's like 500+ valor for now.

Officially zero-fucks-given about valor currently. Gold is a bigger concern to me @ the moment (wow, I never thought I'd be saying THAT)

Same as before. Dailies, LFR, Raiding, Scenarios - whatever I decide to do I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Litre View Post
    With maxed factions (no need to do dailies), item level in-line with current LFR/flex (no need to do previous tiers of LFR and/or heroic scenarios), and with only a few of the timeless isle quests rewarding valor, how are you all getting yours? With more wings of LFR to-be-released shortly, it'll be less of an issue, but I've noticed there's not much else short of doing previous content. Is this correct, or am I missing something?
    So far I've been doing just the Seige LFR's, the daily kill 20 elite, the weeklies at Isle (can't remember if they give Valor offhand), Celestial Tournament and occasionally some Pandaria trainers and hit cap by Monday.

Deleted
    I don't. Been sitting at 3k VP since weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    dungeon/ scenario once a day >.< It would include heroic scenario but they decided to not add a queue to it to try and discourage people from doing it...I've never know a game company that actively trys to discourage people from doing in game activity s like blizzard does :S
    You're only discouraging yourself.

Use Trade chat, ask friends, use OQueue.

Problem solved.