Selling smart phone safe? More info inside...

The speaker on my Lumia 928 broke a while back. I had verizon replace it recently after I had already gotten a new phone. So, I have a replacement Lumia that I havent used yet, but it has my other Lumias SIM card in it.

If I sell it, will hackers be able to have any info or be able to see my picture/text messages even though they came in on the old phone? Before I sell it i just wanted to make sure they couldnt get to my picture messages
    Last edited by BRO90X; 2013-09-20 at 06:13 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    So long as you ensure it's factory reset before selling it, you should be OK.

Unless your girlfriend is something REALLY special, or you have some fantastically important information on there no hacker is going to bother trying to recover data after that.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    So long as you ensure it's factory reset before selling it, you should be OK.

Unless your girlfriend is something REALLY special, or you have some fantastically important information on there no hacker is going to bother trying to recover data after that.
    Yea its a "like-new pre-owned" that I havent even turned on yet, verizon sent it without a SIM card and I had to place the one from my broken one into it. Thats all ive done so far.

And my girlfriend is really special

if u didn't want to turn this into a sex thing or show off, u shouldn't have said that, it wasn't needed tbh

just sayin.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    if u didn't want to turn this into a sex thing or show off, u shouldn't have said that, it wasn't needed tbh

just sayin.
    Thats true. Getting rid of it. I didnt mean it like that =/
    Last edited by BRO90X; 2013-09-20 at 06:14 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Regarding Nokia phones. If it aint THAT sensitive a factory reset will do the trick just fine
    If it is sensetive enough that someone would actually be interested in your specific phone, smash it and burn it.

Or use Android in the future and get overwrite/rewrite app that randomly fill the memory with bullshit over and over again untill the point that a restoration is impossible
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Regarding Nokia phones. If it aint THAT sensitive a factory reset will do the trick just fine
    If it is sensetive enough that someone would actually be interested in your specific phone, smash it and burn it.

Or use Android in the future and get overwrite/rewrite app that randomly fill the memory with bullshit over and over again untill the point that a restoration is impossible
    Isn't recovering flash memory almost impossible anyways? Without having to go to extraordinary lengths.

Deleted
    OP 007 has nothing to worry about, nobody cares about any information that would be on your phone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone here is saying how hard it is to recover deleted data off a phone. Its actually really easy. Factory resets just 'delete' the stuff its not actually lost you can google programs to recover it easily. The best way to make sure they dont recover the shit youre trying to hide is after you delete everything off it use up all its storage on stupid shit doesnt have to be anything special just fill it up. Then delete that. Repeat that 1-2 times to make sure your sexting has been completely over-written.

No one cares your personal information, you are no body. I wouldn't worry if I were you.