Page 1 of 24
... LastLast

Steam universe is expanding

http://store.steampowered.com/livingroom/

As Gabe mentioned a few days ago, we will be talking next week about the steps we're taking to make Steam more accessible on televisions and in the living room. Specifically, we have three announcements to make beginning with the first one on Monday morning.

uh oh. here we go all over again
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

When Gabe mentioned giving more info about the Linux/Livingroom stuff next week, I expected something small, but this looks like they're ramping up to something big. I'm certainly intrigued!

10+ Year Old Account
    im looking forward to the game sharing thing so i can start hassling my friends to share their games...
    Last edited by Achaman; 2013-09-21 at 05:18 AM.

Deleted
    Half-life 3, steambox exclusive.

Multi-Platform Device & Service that allows users to play and use all their games, both old (N64 / Sega Saturn) to latest generation (Xbox One / PS4) all on the same service and share the games with their friends.

Would be epic!

Well ... im interested !

Gabe must be in panic now as his project is loosing its relevance to competitors. Most Steam news now are from uncoordinated attempts to keep relevancy.

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    As Gabe mentioned a few days ago, we will be talking next week about the steps we're taking to make Steam more accessible on televisions and in the living room. Specifically, we have three announcements to make beginning with the first one on Monday morning.
    Half-Life 3 confirmed, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Gabe must be in panic now as his project is loosing its relevance to competitors
    What.
    What competitors? Origin?

Steam isn't hurting for money.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpy View Post
    Ya i think Karadros got it right sadly..
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Sylvanas is flawless and should be canonized as a saint.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karadros View Post

What.
    What competitors? Origin?

Steam isn't hurting for money.
    New gen consoles

My curiosity has increased x10...what 3 things could he reveal? Someone please decipher those symbols inside the three circles.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karadros View Post
    Team fortress 3 ?
    Portal 3 ?
    Half Life 3 ?
    Left 4 Dead 3 ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    My curiosity has increased x10...what 3 things could he reveal? Someone please decipher those symbols inside the three circles.
    game library sharing is one of them for sure since that's in beta now

Steam for linux with left 4 dead 3 beta.

Half life 3 never.

gabenallsmiles.gif

10+ Year Old Account
    New gen consoles tend to only compete with steam when they release their exclusive titles since PC fans tend to stick to PC whenever they can. I'd hardly call that competition.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    New gen consoles tend to only compete with steam when they release their exclusive titles since PC fans tend to stick to PC whenever they can. I'd hardly call that competition.
    Competition with the "steambox"

I don't see any way of valve doing one that would make it competitive with them in both price and performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    Competition with the "steambox"

I don't see any way of valve doing one that would make it competitive with them in both price and performance.
    They could easily make it competitive in terms of performance, and they don't have to be as competitive price wise as the games themselves are much cheaper and they have a much larger catalogue than both consoles combined.

Also, when Gabe originally talked about the Steambox, he mentioned several versions with varying specs and prices. There's no reason that one of those couldn't be comparable in price and spec to the new consoles. Valve would obviously make a loss on the hardware, just like Sony and Microsoft will, but they have enough money and the inclination to do that, since they'd make it all back in game sales.

Deleted
    Can't see why valve deserves any of our attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    Can't see why valve deserves any of our attention.
    And yet still you give it too them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    And yet still you give it too them.
    Honestly I doubt valve staff reads this thread.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bet one of those big things is video on demand.