Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Just a minor point. She doesn't know everything about Norn Weaponsmithing nor Char Weaponsmithing. She learned everything she cared to know about both (though I think in the Carr case it was actually demolitions and not weaponsmithing) which is very different than learning everything about them. She learned what she thoughts was important and nothing else. Which could potentially be her downfall. Often it ends up being the things which objectively seem unimportant which end up being a huge deal.

Also she just graduated from the first two colleges in record time. She struggled with the third quite a bit and her thesis she presented to that college was rejected and as a result she joined the Inquest.

The thing with bombastic villains is that they're often paired against bombastic heroes and this draws attention to the ridiculous nature of superheroes. Scarlet's a comic book character in a fantasy setting that features no comic book flavor or comic book heroes. This is why Scarlet draws such ire from the fans. Her creation and existence resembles fanfic creations. It's Harley Quinn in the middle of fanfic Game of Thrones.

Overall, GW2's world has a particular vibe to it. A lot of people love the Lore and the world, but the deep depths of the Lore often remain unanswered questions. The everyday activities of the world revolve more around localized political squabbles and combined influences rather than a great villians threat to a homogenic society.

In that sort of world, something like The Molten Alliance works. It is a combined force of estranged parts of an established society that itself is only held together by interdependence in war against the larger threat of Dragons. The fact that the Dredge become disinterested in the alliance and see how they're being taken advantage of works as well. The fact they suddenly start working together again because "Scarlet says do" really cheapens it.

If the threads of the previous living stories, and the game world itself, actually played out then I'd see something else in game right now. The Dredge becoming temporary allies as revenge against Scarlet and the Flame Legion? That's interesting and it works within the world framework. That then leading to the Dredge again separating from greater Tyrian society and being a part of the continent expansion? Perfect.

The idea I get that the storyline of the Dredge and Flame Legion is heading nowhere is a product of Scarlet. The once interesting element of the two forces working together will suddenly reappear because "Scarlet says so" and that cheapens the previous story. When they suddenly vanish because "Scarlet is dead", I will feel cheated again. That's not an involving storyline. It really just makes props out of the forces involved. They are just there for the purpose of content with no autonomy of their own.
    Last edited by zed zebes; 2013-09-23 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    In that sort of world, something like The Molten Alliance works. It is a combined force of estranged parts of an established society that itself is only held together by interdependence in war against the larger threat of Dragons. The fact that the Dredge become disinterested in the alliance and see how they're being taken advantage of works as well. The fact they suddenly start working together again because "Scarlet says do" really cheapens it.
    The thing here is that the gameplay doesn't automatically reflect the actual lore. In fact, I don't think the invasions in the open world even happen in regard to the lore of the instances and metaplot. Certainly they are not on an accurate scale. So yeah, for the most part the Molten Alliance is disbanded, but some still follow her personally. Her "death" at the end of a successful invasion has no actual bearing on the metaplot, any more than the Shatterer dies 8 times a day. At least to my view, her "story" is the instances, with the big events just being a game event.

So it's going to be a new path in TA, that's kinda cool! Can't wait to try it out

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-ga...tober-01-2013/

Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post
    So it's going to be a new path in TA, that's kinda cool! Can't wait to try it out

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-ga...tober-01-2013/
    That's it? There is nothing permanent like they said there would be except reskins of weapon sets we already have....

This would of been the perfect time to revamp TA and there just adding a new path :/

Isn't the new path permanent?

Seems kinda cool to me. I like the idea, if Anet keeps this going, that we might have additional paths in the dungeons over time.

More backpack items though. Stopped giving a shit about that stuff like 8 months ago.

I have all the backpacks stored on multiple toons, it's getting ridiculous...

We'll see if they add some increased difficulty since they point out it's a "Level 80" dungeon. I'm not gonna watch the stream stuff though, I like to figure stuff out on my own.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    That's it? There is nothing permanent?
    your negativity seems to be permanent... I liked the old zito much more

10+ Year Old Account
    Confirmed permanent.
    http://www.guildwars2hub.com/feature...ilight-assault

And it looks like new mechanics as well. This is going to be an excellent patch.
    Valar morghulis

I like the steampunk-y looking backapck. It's just that... another? I only have one back.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I like the steampunk-y looking backapck. It's just that... another? I only have one back.
    But you (can) have multiple alts!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    But you (can) have multiple alts!
    Or you can have multiple sets for various builds and a back for each of them. Also you can turn backpack skins into pvp back skins so theres pvp too.

To be fair there were never really any cool looking back items to begin with. My only problem is they just take up so much room in my bank, I have so many of them lol. I do hope they start adding more armor sets or something. I would like to see a medium headpiece that I actually like.

I think it would be cool if there was an account skin tab which contains skins you own/ unlock. They could still require transmutation stones (preferably not) but it would be nice to just have them out of your bank.
    Last edited by worprz; 2013-09-24 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Or you can have multiple sets for various builds and a back for each of them. Also you can turn backpack skins into pvp back skins so theres pvp too.
    Yeah, I'm surprised about how many sets I have for my thief main now. I have a condition set, berserker set with ruby orbs (for max DPS), berserker set with traveller runes (for most PVE) and a now a soldier set for Teq and other soon to be revamped bosses.

Woot.

Another update that I can completely ignore!

I didn't give a shit about Scarlett before, and I definitely don't give a shit about her now.

Seriously Anet, give us some ELDER DRAGON content. For fuck's sake, it's what the game was sold on!

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Confirmed permanent.
    http://www.guildwars2hub.com/feature...ilight-assault

And it looks like new mechanics as well. This is going to be an excellent patch.
    It's a miracle! But... its gonna be strange once the living story for scarlet ends right?

your negativity seems to be permanent... I liked the old zito much more
    I'm not a karizee clone, I give credit where credit is due. They haven't made a decent dungeon path yet so I'm not gonna be optimistic about it.

"Completing the Twilight Assault meta-achievement will grant you the CHOICE of the new (glowing) Slickpack back item, or a miniaturized version of one of the most powerful foes that have taken hold in Twilight Arbor."

Interesting. So you can pick one or the other. I actually want the back piece for my Engineer. I think a lot will just take the mini since they're full of backpacks already.

Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    "Completing the Twilight Assault meta-achievement will grant you the CHOICE of the new (glowing) Slickpack back item, or a miniaturized version of one of the most powerful foes that have taken hold in Twilight Arbor."

Interesting. So you can pick one or the other. I actually want the back piece for my Engineer. I think a lot will just take the mini since they're full of backpacks already.
    I couldn't care for either, I have more back pieces then backs and minis are generally useless and despawn whenever you do something... like move.

I'd care more about minis if there was a way to access them from anywhere in game without taking up bag space.

Minis are the most useless collectibles in the game. At least the backpacks can carry stats.

I take it back. Town clothes are the most useless thing in the game.