Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's just gonna be confusing once scarlet officially dies and her previous dungeon path is still around. Unless they re do it after she dies... but its just gonna be a big WHAT when she dies a new people go and do her path.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Woot.

Another update that I can completely ignore!

I didn't give a shit about Scarlett before, and I definitely don't give a shit about her now.

Seriously Anet, give us some ELDER DRAGON content. For fuck's sake, it's what the game was sold on!
    Really, it was sold on elder dragons? Here I thought it was sold on being a (real) MMO (in contrast to GW1, a CCORPG) with a living world, that happens to currently be facing the elder dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Well, to be fair. The very first promo for GW2 was all about the Elder Ds.

I recall GW1 players losing their damn minds over the above video.

10+ Year Old Account
    Minis may be useless statwise, but they sure get noticed. Since I got the mini Tequatl I can't tell you how many times people have commented on it. I feel like a veritable Mother of Dragons

And I *always* note players with the Lliadri pet.
    Valar morghulis

Llidri pet was a disappointment since it just turns into a black blob and the actually boss fight was stupid -not- hard.

Teq pet is nice because it has animations to it unlike 99% of minis so it is more noticeable.

I have never noticed a single miniature except that orange tabby cat- because my sister had it. Nor have I ever heard comment or remark about any mini any other player carried around with them by any other player. Like ever.

Not in GW2, not in any MMO.

I have been playing MMOs consistently since 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Other than the camera being annoying (like it always is when it matters) what was "stupid not hard" about it? I found it rather fun.
    Step 1 equip zerker gear
    Step 2 get to phase 2
    Step 3 DPS her down in 7 seconds

I don't think the game was sold on elder dragons

for me that was one part in which I sort of disliked, too many dragons in games

Initially I had hoped that the mini pets were going to be used for Polymock. But I have lost hope of that game ever coming around.
    Last edited by Valeron; 2013-09-24 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Minis are the most useless collectibles in the game. At least the backpacks can carry stats.

I take it back. Town clothes are the most useless thing in the game.
    You know how useless they are when you forget town clothes actually exist.

I completely forgot about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I don't think the game was sold on elder dragons

for me that was one part in which I sort of disliked, too many dragons in games

Initially I had hoped that the mini pets were going to be used for Polymock. But I have lost hope of that game ever coming around.
    Honestly, if anything was sold on elder dragons, it was GW:EN...but even that had more going for it.

And I dunno. Polymock (and bar brawling) were the two definitive minigames/activities ANet originally mentioned, and...we haven't seen signs of either.

well...while I love the lore of the game, ArenaNet doesn't make interesting characters, at least in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Honestly, if anything was sold on elder dragons, it was GW:EN...but even that had more going for it.
    But like the second big video was also the Races video. Which emphasized the unity needed to overcome the Elder Ds.

And the launch video was all about breaking from the "norm" to face Zhitan...

I think all the promotion videos leading to launch, sans manifesto, involve or emphasis the Elder Ds to one degree or another. Only with the Halloween patch last year did the promos change focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    But like the second big video was also the Races video. Which emphasized the unity needed to overcome the Elder Ds.

And the launch video was all about breaking from the "norm" to face Zhitan...

I think all the promotion videos leading to launch, sans manifesto, involve or emphasis the Elder Ds to one degree or another. Only with the Halloween patch last year did the promos change focus.
    Well, while the elder dragons, especially Zhaitan, were prominent, I would disagree with them being what the game was sold on. I mean, it's like saying "WoW was sold on Ragnaros, he's dead, now we need to fight the other Elemental Lords". Sure, Zhaitan was quite prominent (and the center of the Personal Story), and while Jormag, Kralkatorrik, and Primordius are known, they've never been the central focus (including in marketing)...unless you count The Shatterer as putting Kralkatorrik in the spotlight (since he was the first dragon shown...and maybe even the first event shown)

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a big ass dragon with a less than 1% success rate wreaking havoc in Sparkly Fen and causing floods of tears on the forums released a mere week ago lol.
    Valar morghulis

And he's not even an elder dragon, just a lieutenant

10+ Year Old Account
    Twilight Assault, with the last boss being Halion?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Twilight Assault, with the last boss being Halion?
    huh?

what is a halion?

He either thinks this is WoW related (despite GW2 being in the title) or he's trying to make a reference to WoW somehow (Halion being the boss in Ruby Sanctum from Wrath of the Lich King, with the title of the Twilight Destroyer).

ah, must be an obscure encounter then, I never heard of it

Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    I'd care more about minis if there was a way to access them from anywhere in game without taking up bag space.
    Or if we had Pokemon: Guild Wars 2 Edition, kinda like WoW did with their mini pet system. Or just the Polymock arena they talked about before release.