Thread: Feral trinkets.

Deleted

Feral trinkets.

Hello, I am having troubles figuring out which feral trinket I should be using in terms of giving me the maximum dps possible, some even told me that there are a TOT LFR Trinket which is 502, is better than a normal ToT other ones.

I am currently using LFR 502, Rune of Re-Origination. & Vicious Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault (the one you buy from valor vendor)

My question is, is it better to replace the Re-Origination trinket with the new timeless 535 Discipline of Xuen? The Mastery is nice, but will the dps increase with using this trinket instead of Re-O?

Another question, if I also have the mojo ToT trinket, is it better than Origination? I am really not sure, hopefully someone could clear this up for me, thanks.

It's unlikely anyone will be able to answer you if you don't provide an armory. You can also do a comparison of those trinkets on your own character yourself very easily using Catus, there's a guide for doing such a comparison here.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2013-09-21 at 01:05 AM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    It's unlikely anyone will be able to answer you if you don't provide an armory. You can also do a comparison of those trinkets on your own character yourself very easily using Catus, there's a guide for doing such a comparison here.

aggixx, this is my armory - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...un/Xahn/simple

I will check on Catus, thanks for the link. But I still don't have the Discipline trinket, need to farm 50k timeless coins, I want to know if its worth the time to farm them or not.
    Last edited by mmoca9d06954fe; 2015-10-16 at 10:48 AM.

Code:
    [522] Vicious Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault / [502] Rune of Re-Origination (Raid Finder)

[DPS]
      Median:   182614
        Mean:   182927 +/- 56.83 (5683)
     25%/75%:   179.2K - 186.2K
     10%/90%:   176.0K - 190.0K
     Min/Max:   166.6K - 215.5K
    Code:
    [522] Vicious Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault / [535] Discipline of Xuen (Timeless)

[DPS]
      Median:   185910
        Mean:   185943 +/- 45.21 (4521)
     25%/75%:   183.0K - 188.6K
     10%/90%:   180.3K - 191.4K
     Min/Max:   168.5K - 207.4K
    Code:
    [522] Vicious Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault / [502] Bad Juju (Raid Finder)

[DPS]
      Median:   180485
        Mean:   180866 +/- 51.73 (5173)
     25%/75%:   177.5K - 183.9K
     10%/90%:   174.7K - 187.4K
     Min/Max:   161.0K - 206.6K

Deleted
    Can someone tell me which one is better from these numbers, agixx told me that I should look at mean, but which number in the "Mean" that I should look for? the last one to the right or the first one to the left, higher means better? or what.

If your using RoR you crit/mastery/haste values need to all be equal (with mastery being a few points higher so RoR procs mastery)
    The timeless isle trinket is really bad for ferals, renatakis from the first boss in tot works really well with RoR, id replace the shadowpan trinket with that one

Quote Originally Posted by Strickland View Post
    Can someone tell me which one is better from these numbers, agixx told me that I should look at mean, but which number in the "Mean" that I should look for? the last one to the right or the first one to the left, higher means better? or what.
    For reference, the median is: if you fought the boss 9 times, and sorted your DPS numbers, you'd take the middle result as your "expected average" (5th worst, 5th best).

The descriptions for numbers listed in "Mean: 185943 +/- 45.21 (4521)" are: <Mean> +/- <Standard Error> (<Standard Deviation>)

The median is a better measurement for DPS analysis because it corresponds to an actual achievable DPS. For example, if you sometimes do 10K DPS and other times do 30K DPS, your average is 20K DPS even though you never actually do 20K DPS on the encounter.

However, most DPS distributions are normal-ish (single modal, "bell curve") so the Mean and Median are approximately the same. Sometimes certain trinket combinations can produce long tails if they offer really strong synergy and achieve good alignment, which is why I prefer the median.

Why do you say the Timeless Isle trinket is really bad for Ferals? It has base Agil, and a huge chunk of Mastery on proc that lasts for 20 seconds. Esp if we're talking the 535 Trinket and not the 496 one.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

15+ Year Old Account
    well usaing a burden of ethernety on timeless curio doesnt seem to work, atleast it didnt for me and a guild mate
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Knight View Post
    Why do you say the Timeless Isle trinket is really bad for Ferals? It has base Agil, and a huge chunk of Mastery on proc that lasts for 20 seconds. Esp if we're talking the 535 Trinket and not the 496 one.
    Trinkets that have static primary and proc secondary are generally not very good, for most classes even (notable exception being warriors, perhaps?). If it was mastery with an agi proc it would be good yeah.

I wouldn't say it's "really bad" but I would put it as "firmly below average for its item level". That said, if you're upgrading from a 502 or something, yeah it's gonna be a good upgrade.

PS: It's further emphasized by the fact that Renataki's is incredibly good for its item level for us and it's extremely accessible to get (you can pug the first boss in heroic ToT incredibly easily via openraid).

All right thanks. I do have fully upgrade Renataki's, was just curious if the 535 Timeless would be better or not.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned