Poll: Which Cinematic is the Greatest?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Seasons of War, it's just a classic for me.

Wrath of the Lich King is good also, but only for it's dialog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Intro wise, as you have the poll. WotLK: Arthas, my son.

As for ingame cinematic. 3.3 'Frostmourne Hungers' has so many feels in it, I get giddy from the memories when I saw it the first time. That's not to say that 3.1 'Ulduar' and 5.3 'SoO's cinematics were both absolutely amazing. Both were great, they just didn't have the feels that 3.3 had.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Cata>Wrath>MoP>Classic>TBC
    IMO
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

"My son... I tell you this, because when my time has come... you... shall be... King."

<3

In seriousness, Arthas, my son, was by far the best even if the others were great, I loved Seasons of War and TBC for introducing races through cinematics, but they didn't tell a story, the ones that did were the last three.

Now I didn't like Cata but its cinematic was awesome, the concept behind it was genius even if Xaxas was pretty lame as an antagonist, the way they did the cinematic really hit you cause it showed some of our favorite places being crushed first hand.

Mists? I loved Mists cinematic! That moment with Chen bashing up those two was hilarious and the human giving the Orc his stick was just, brilliant, as well as Chen correcting the broken pillar.

My favorite IN GAME cinematic since their introduction has to be 5.4's Intro Cinematic via the Trailer, that confrontation with Garrosh and Taran Zhu was just solid gold.

"Your father dabbled in powers beyond reckoning, where is he, now?"

<3

My favorite in game cinematic that is actually in game has to be the alliance version of SoO ending. While I do play both sides what I loved about this small scene with Jaina and Varian is we see how much both chars have changed, their surprisingly believable transition from the two chars they once were isn't as unrealistic as people may think.

But most of all, seeing Jaina's subtle ire as she becomes everything she once hated is just pure genius, they said that WoW was a Dark World and they actually managed to convince me it is.

Now I look forward to just how dark it is, and I want something very important from future Cinematics:

- Death
    - Betrayal
    - Tragedy

I loved, the Wrathgate for the Forsakens surprise twist, I don't think ANYONE saw that coming and it was just genius at the time. Unfortunate it wasn't actually Sylvanas because that twist itself was just golden.

What made the old WoW cinematics so powerful is the emotion that WC3 put into its cinematic design, when Thrall watched Grom die you watched Grom die, you felt that sadness, when Arthas impaled his father you felt like Arthas a mix of awesome and broken, turned truly irredeemable by that act, just like the moment he shattered the Lich Kings Prison.

WoW's story is going so far cinematically, but I want to see more depth to every event that happens, the events must be meaningful, to be honest, it surprises me that the Divine Bell wasn't a Cinematic or the 'murder' of Vol'jin since imho, those events would have been more powerful as such.

Really, id like to see ALOT more Cinematics appear in WoW, and I do mean "a lot" so that by next expansion we practically have a cinematic per zone ending or conclusion giving us an exciting build up to each event that follows.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    The wrathgate cinematic is the greatest by far. So none of those! You should be more specific if you mean intro trailer.
    The Wrathgate is a cutscene, not a cinematic.

You should be more careful about using the proper terminology if you're going to criticize someone else for doing the same thing. Food for thought.

The Wrath of the Lich King cinematic, hands down.

In order from best to worst cinematic, in my opinion:

Wrath > MOP > Cata > BC > Vanilla

Wotlk > MoP > BC > Vanilla > Cata

10+ Year Old Account
    So i rewatched them all again just now, and im going to judge them based on the amount of goosebumps i got.

Wotlk>Mop>Cata>Tbc>Vanilla
    Cinematic quality would be Cata>Mop>Wrath>TBC>vanilla
    actual in game rankings would be wrath>MoP>Cata>tbc>vanilla

Deleted
    For me, and this is just the cinematics. But i like them all anyways.

Wraith > Cata > MoP > TBC > Vanilla

Actual expansions would go like: MoP > Wraith > TBC > Vanilla > Cata

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    As for ingame cinematic. 3.3 'Frostmourne Hungers' has so many feels in it,
    You mean...

FAIL of the LICH KING?

Seasons of War. It's one of the few that gave a feeling of what it would be like to play in that world and create your own story, everything after that discarded that player's portion of the narrative to have more control over the visual theme. By the time Wrath came out the focus had moved entirely off of the players and onto the npcs, I still remember how disappointed I was seeing it for the first time. MoP's is a good recovery from that line of failure, but quirky panda kungfu has too many other connections for it to have been a good focus for a cinematic.

If each are evaluated on their own, without any regard for the purpose of introducing a game, a world, or an expansion, then I'd probably go for Wrath or Cataclysm. Great cinematics but they don't fill their role.

Best Blizzard cutscene of all time is of course, "I love you sarge"

Illidan flying up into the air made my eyes goggle at his strength

Arthas walking the frozen wastes was tragic and terrifying all at once.

And MoP cinematic made me really excited to see Pandaria--that scene as the mist pulls back and the camera zooms into the distance, amazing.

I voted for Wolk, but really enjoy the others too. Cant wait to see the next one
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Both Wrath and MOP

10+ Year Old Account
    The Lich King one listed here, but to be honest, I prefer the 3.3 launch trailer. "Let them come... FROSTMOURNE HUNGERS!" I still get chills from it.

I haven't played WoW actively for almost 2 years but I watch WotLK trailer time to time because it's amazing..

Deleted
    Surprised to see so much love for the WOTLK one, I remember really not liking it one bit.

Classic > TBC >>> WOTLK >>> MOP = Cata for me.

The format of the original two I just loved, the first slightly more than the second. WOTLK broke off from the "showing a range of races / classes" formula and did a very Arthas centric thing which, while I can understand it - just didn't do it for me. Cata did the same and MOPs comedy relief stuff rubs me the wrong way.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    The music in Wrath cinematic makes it the best easilly.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

10+ Year Old Account
    lich king, hands down.
    i still get chills when i hear O Thanagor... and i hope they somehow include bolvar in the story again soon
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

MoP cinematic. It restored my hope for the game after having dropped a lot with Cata t13, and was SO awesome to finally see the Pandaren and Chen Stormstout at that!

After that I like the Wrathgate cinematic the most even though it's not a proper "cinematic" like the others. Then the SoO end cinematic (Vol'jin is SO sexy!!) although I scoff whenever Varian tries to come off as badass with his "We will END you"-line.