Poll: Which Cinematic is the Greatest?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I went for Cataclysm. I might be regretting it now. I love them all, they are well directed and watching how they're made is fun (on the discs on the Collector's Editions). Maybe I'd go for the WotLK one instead, even though I don't know all of Arthas' backstory.
    On a sidenote, the best moment in the TBC cinematic is the draenei male wielding his mace and swinging it back on the enemy behind him.

I find it very weird (unless people voting were wrathbabies) that people voted for WOTLK. I said wrathbabies with a smirck - I am sure there are all sorts of players finding that one the best. Yes it was a very very awesome cinematic. I don't doubt that one bit.

But truly guys, you got goosebumps from that cinematic? I got perhaps a little chill of awesome down my spine. I was very happy with WOTLK's cinematic.

Just to make a confession: I fucking let a tear out almost everytime (well not recently) I see the Seasons of War cinematic. To me that is just pure awesomeness. I remember very vividly the first time I saw this cinematic and I was in absolute awe. Sure it was the first one, but I only ever found a sensation to be similar tho not quite the same with WOTLK. The others while beautiful are nowhere NEAR inspiring imo.

So I am quite sad to see that so many people did not vote "my favorite"

The cinematic for the last tier of WOTLK was excellent. Also the one for the original Zul Aman was realy good to.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    The cinematic for the last tier of WOTLK was excellent. Also the one for the original Zul Aman was realy good to.
    Yeah but thats not what this poll is about... its about those "movies" whenever a new expansion (not patch) is just installed and you see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're all awesome.

Original is the best, strange how my least favourite is the most popular one lol, I always found it rather dull, but still awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath's for sure. I kind of like Illidan's monologue, but it's not got the same pull as the great irony of Arthas Menethil.

Wotlk > BC = Vanilla > Cata > Mists. That's just trailer quality, and a subjective judgement in that, too. And bear in mind I actually think that all of those trailers were really damn good. Mists gets the lowest points for me because it didn't really succeed in exciting me at all at the time. Wolk trailer was chillingly good, BC played it's cards perfectly (after all, the most striking part that overall brilliant expansion was stepping through the portal for the fist time), Classic, well introduced the game. Cata was a bit boring TBH though seeing deathwing Trash Auberdine and SW was cool as hell.

I voted for best overall, mainly narrative: WoTLK > MoP > BC > Cata > vanilla

visually: MoP > Cata (that fire!) > WoTLK > BC > vanilla.

I don't understand how all of you hate the Vanilla cinematic since it was clearly the most badass and made the most sense out of all of them combined.

We all have our opinions, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Norgannon the Dreamweaver View Post
    I don't understand how all of you hate the Vanilla cinematic since it was clearly the most badass and made the most sense out of all of them combined.

We all have our opinions, though.
    It was great for its time, when MMOs were mostly about "Wooooooooow, stuff! Happening all over! O.O". It captured that mood perfectly: "Look, a big giant world full of simple events. And I'm a small part of it! OMG!"

It just didn't age well. The modern WoW (and MMO) is much more focused, driven, tends to have a refined and guided story and big "You are a superhero" ego-angle. In that context, the WOTLK cinematic is both technically accomplished and sets the tone perfectly, so reviewing the cinematics in 2014 I had to give it to Arthas.