Poll: Which Cinematic is the Greatest?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I'll have to go with the original and Cataclysm as close second. I find the Wrath gameplay trailer much better than the actual cinematic to be honest, maybe it's because it still has the original Arthas voice actor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath destroys all the other trailers in terms of ambient effects.

Not that they are bad in any way, Wrath just hit all the right spots for me, esp the music.

Mists would be second in line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta agree with Lich King. At the time I was massively annoyed it wasn't a continuation of the "Look! Stuff!" riff from Nilla/TBC, because those cinematics "fit" an MMO by showing lots of different people doing lots of different, vaguely-intertwined things. So they felt very appropriate.

At first, switching to the monolithic, traditional cinematic style disappointed me. But the WOTLK cinematic has aged very, very well and is still entertaining to watch. The older cinematics feel very dated and gimmicky now, and the newer ones feel completely empty — all technical flair and accomplishment, no actual soul.

MoP, in particular, was a drooling, pretentious, circular nothing which totally un-hyped the xpac I was logging in to. Something foreshadowing Garrosh & Y'shaarj, setting the tone of the expansion (subtly) would have been so, so much better. Instead we got a generic clip from an unimpressive Saturday morning cartoon show, plus some tooth-grindingly bad attempts at trying to sound "deep".

The Lich King cinematic, on the other hand, kept you visually-captivated, impressed you with its technical details, and presented a compelling story. Even if you didn't understand who this was, you understood there was a heavy story behind him, and that what he was doing was sinister and ominous. It made it feel like your next log-in mattered.

Deleted
    Cata>Wotlk>Mop>Vanilla>TBC for me

Wrathgate.

Deleted
    WOTLK, BC, original and cata was good-mop was awful-i mean who designed that orc!

Quote Originally Posted by kindomroll View Post
    WOTLK, BC, original and cata was good-mop was awful-i mean who designed that orc!
    You didn't like....the design of the orc? What was wrong with it?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z1xh...yer_detailpage this one .... when I saw it on the warcraft 3 cd I was mindblown...

The Cata one completely obliterates the others. It's just much bigger, and shit is seriously going down, it's everything Cataclysm and Deathwing should have been. The MoP one is pretty good, mostly for the narrative. The LK one is good too, but I don't really feel like I've gained anything from watching it. The TBC one is pretty "meh" outside of Illidan's appearances. The Vanilla one is even more "meh."

So yeah: Cata > MoP > WotLK > TBC > Vanilla.

WotLK>Cata>classic>BC>MoP

Didn't like Cata as an expansion, but they really need to put more of the villains in the cinematic.

It's understandable that classic can't do that, but random generic races doing things isn't that fun to watch imo. But they really screwed up with the MoP cinematic. There were so many better options and they went with the worst one.

It started off ok, with the Horde and Alliance getting stranded on unknown land. But it quickly transformed into "lol panda Saturday morning cartoon."

I would have rather seen an army of mantid fighting and army of mogu before they fell to the curse of flesh, while a Titan battles Y'Shaarj in the background. Really, anything would have been better than the joke hero class from WCIII dancing around like the Roadrunner.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    The Cata one completely obliterates the others. It's just much bigger, and shit is seriously going down, it's everything Cataclysm and Deathwing should have been. The MoP one is pretty good, mostly for the narrative. The LK one is good too, but I don't really feel like I've gained anything from watching it. The TBC one is pretty "meh" outside of Illidan's appearances. The Vanilla one is even more "meh."

So yeah: Cata > MoP > WotLK > TBC > Vanilla.
    I -completely- disagree with you.

Vanilla was the best. Way better than how corny Cata was.

I voted Arthas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla > WoTLK > MoP > Cata > TBC
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish the Zul'Aman trailer was more cinematic... that would be the best in my opinion, but for now The Dark Portal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    One day Tyrande was flying from Darnassus to Moonglade, but the gryphon crashed and she fell into the dancing Troll village. Being the leader of the night elves, Tyrande landed with a swift roll and added some street moves to make it look as if she fell on purpose. The trolls then however challenged her to a dance off, which they easily won. Being pissed as hell, Tyrande immediately hearted and ordered the extermination of the dancing troll village.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wotlk one always makes me shiver, it's that good.

personally I thought the original wow cinematic and the TBC wow cinematic were the best. It really showed what the game was about with all of the races and classes. The other cinematics were all better on a technical level but I thought the design of the first two was a better indication of the game.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    LK one.

Is this even a fucking debate?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    But they really screwed up with the MoP cinematic. There were so many better options and they went with the worst one.
    I've gotta agree with you. I really enjoyed the beginning; it was a good highlight of the Alliance / Horde conflict, but the random Human and Orc battling did nothing for me. Plus, this is 100000% personal preference, but the part where the Orc loses his weapon and the Human hands him one was totally unnecessary. It added a tinge of comedy where it had no place.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    LK one.

Is this even a fucking debate?
    This is a topic of opinions. There was no debate to be had
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

We are just judging cinematics here, not expansions folks.

I still talk along with Terenas in the Wrath cinematic. Although when I do it, it is more like a stern/angry lecture. Cant beat that cinematic.