Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    You have to move alot and u get silenced which means that it is hard to be casting. They are still viable but stacking other classes is way better for faster progression.

I guess 286k on 10m is not enough for progression.

tbh it's about time we get a fight that is aggressively anti-caster. look at all the horrible melee fights the last few expansions. this is the first fight in recent memory where it's actually been disadvantageous to bring any caster over a melee. besides it isn't even an endboss and ranged excels on p2 of that fight anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen where any guild is having to stack classes this tier, which is pretty cool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    I haven't seen where any guild is having to stack classes this tier, which is pretty cool.
    Stack? No, not really, but they are excluding many classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    lol i see you joined sept 2013 ... welcome to a game where mages have been dominating since day 1.
    Bout time.
    My mage was in all top 100 world kills for SWP progression, and I was only there for biscuits, gravy, and arcane intellect. On KJ I had to do the dragon, because seriously I was no good at anything else as a mage, even the ret paladin was more useful for RDPS than I was. After progression was over we stacked groups and rolled heroisms and I competed with warlocks, but in progression I was useless in comparison.

Mages have been amazing for roughly 4-5 tiers out of 16. Warlocks have been best caster the other 12. Your statement proclaiming me as ignorant, was pretty ignorant.

The problem isn't with mages, it's that warlocks are too good to intellectually bring mages.

Killed it with 2 mages yesterday. Mages are ok there, although you need to play really properly there as mage during AOE interrupts otherwise you get absolutly screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Correlia View Post
    At the start of the fight Deafening Screech goes off every 15 or so seconds and the time between gets shorter and shorter to a point where you can only use instant cast abilities due to Thok casting Deafening Screech once a second. So seeing how a class that relies on having to cast and doesn't have a Dot that deals a lot of dmg compared to boomies/locks/SPs they aren't worth bringing for Thok.
    Boomkins are great for Thok lol, esp w/ 4set. Pacteh was crushing until he died . Also have interupt immunity for the quicker casts

With frost armor and 9600+ haste I was able to cast AB/AM + AE between each screech(20+ stacks) yielding not much worse than anyone else's DPS results.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't recall Mages giving a fuck about anyone else when they were stacked for Heroic Spine.

Sometimes it's your turn to be the "weak link" and luckily for you that's pretty rare for Mage.

Either way, they just kicked Demo pretty hard in the teeth so maybe the crying can be put on hold for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuqup View Post
    tbh it's about time we get a fight that is aggressively anti-caster. look at all the horrible melee fights the last few expansions. this is the first fight in recent memory where it's actually been disadvantageous to bring any caster over a melee. besides it isn't even an endboss and ranged excels on p2 of that fight anyway
    im all in for anti caster/ranged fight but healing this fight is just uhhhhh -_-
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    im all in for anti caster/ranged fight but healing this fight is just uhhhhh -_-

Try 2 man heal without resto druid. Pewpew.

Mages are strong and fairly well balanced. The only thing they suffer from is not being Warlocks. There is pretty much no situation this expansion (well at least the last two raids) where you'd be better having a Mage than a Warlock. Warlocks have a ton more raid utility, take next to no damage, and do the most damage in almost every situation both single and multi target, not to mention being extremely good damage on the move.

Mages suffer from taking high amounts of damage, having zero raid utility and poor damage on the move. On a fight you can literally stand still and not move on a single target situation you can beat a Warlock, in all other situations there isn't much reason to bring a mage if you have an equally geared and skilled Warlock available. There is a small niche they've started to find however, that of the ability absorber like SP used to do, with Greater Invis.