Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    there is nothing wrong with mages at all, any1 that thinks so are deluding themselves.
    I guess I must spell it out.

There are two solutions to the problem...
    1) Buff mages, shadow priests, moonkins, hunters, elemental shamans....
    2) Nerf warlocks. Being best at every heroic fight during progression for whole encounter leads smart players to reroll.

Quote Originally Posted by haxedagain View Post
    I guess I must spell it out.

There are two solutions to the problem...
    1) Buff mages, shadow priests, moonkins, hunters, elemental shamans....
    2) Nerf warlocks. Being best at every heroic fight during progression for whole encounter leads smart players to reroll.
    Locks just need to be weaker in certain aspects, instead of being strong pretty much EVERYWHERE

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mages are amazing on Thok, just as they are amazing on every other fight. People saying otherwise either aren't in a serious end-game orientated guild, or simply aren't as good as they might think they are at their class. Simple as that.

I don't think mage mains actually complain about being suck-tier during progression.

It's more of, what the fuck why are warlocks so good at everything?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldvibes View Post
    I don't think mage mains actually complain about being suck-tier during progression.

It's more of, what the fuck why are warlocks so good at everything?
    I think you'll find that most mages who know what they're doing are aware of the situation they're in and either a) respec to adapt to the new situation or b) wait until they're in 570+ gear before making assumptions. And warlocks, well. Nobody cares about warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Draghonfourt View Post
    I think you'll find that most mages who know what they're doing are aware of the situation they're in and either a) respec to adapt to the new situation or b) wait until they're in 570+ gear before making assumptions. And warlocks, well. Nobody cares about warlocks.
    That's pretty ignorant. The reason we bring 2 warlocks instead of 1 mage 1 warlock (to most fights) is because warlocks do everything better. They both share the same loot, and perform the same role (ranged dps).

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    That's pretty ignorant. The reason we bring 2 warlocks instead of 1 mage 1 warlock (to most fights) is because warlocks do everything better. They both share the same loot, and perform the same role (ranged dps).
    And this is a problem. They didn't need to spend so much dev time on warlock class changes, and make them dominate mages in pve in survivability, damage, aoe, mobility. I'm tired of them tounging warlocks balls.

Deleted
    I can see that mages are now looking to moan even outside of their subforum, please stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Yes, this is true. The only one thing one might say mages do better is sustained single target DPS over a long period of time. But there haven't been any single target only fights as long as I can remember, and warlocks are better at everything else. It seems irrational to gear a mage over a warlock for progression, especially when warlocks are ridiculously better at handling groups of adds, and that's the new favorite mechanic of bosses, bring in many adds quickly!

Deleted
    Yes, this is true. The only one thing one might say mages do better is sustained single target DPS over a long period of time. But there haven't been any single target only fights as long as I can remember, and warlocks are better at everything else. It seems irrational to gear a mage over a warlock for progression, especially when warlocks are ridiculously better at handling groups of adds, and that's the new favorite mechanic of bosses, bring in many adds quickly!
    Mages are still the second best dps. Every spec that is not the flavor of the month faces the problem of "why take Y if you could take X". It's about damn time that mages do too.

Deleted
    Mages aren't bad on Thok imo. I topped every fight in my 10man (99.4% activity and we always prolonged the phases as long as we could) and did about 85% of what my stationary dps usually is and I just tunneled Thok. This was a normal kill though, not a heroic.

You guys haven't considered that demo warlocks are incredibly good for cleaving down bats?

Deleted
    Its not that mages are terrible, they just feel lame after a new tier releases with the usual nerd it includes.

Its that warlocks have risen to gods among casters, they have it all. Huge dps, good diverse specs for different situations, unique utility in healthstones/portals.
    They just make all other casters look like walking jokes atm.

Why does this thread even exist? Clearly warlocks are and have been too good this entire expansion. Mages are fine. Warlocks are better. The title and OP is pretty much just troll bait

Mage mains are trying to drill this concept through your heads if you say we're bitching.

We're actually pretty good, still as good or even better than the other casters. The PROBLEM for us and other casters is that Warlocks are above the status quo, making them a much more useful investment for progression than any other caster right now. For every niche ranged casters cover Warlocks do it better or are just as good. 2-3 Target cleave? All 3 lock specs are good. Mobile casting? Demo covers that. Massive AoE? Demo covers that. Every niche that each of the hybrid classes do, and the niches that mages cover are all simply done better by warlocks. This isn't even considering the fact that Warlock raid utility and survivability are unmatched.
    Last edited by Coldvibes; 2013-09-23 at 09:48 AM.

Deleted
    for mages its more about lacking the ability to cast while moving than lacking dps in many encounters, when they can turrent themselves in place then they are very very good at what they do, sadly SoO is a lot about mechanics and has a lot of movement which isnt a good thing for mages, in any case, it only seems fair that locks have their time in the sun, mages have gotten it the last few xpans.

Deleted
    Warlocks have not endured such hardships. =)
    Many good mages have rerolled.
    lol i see you joined sept 2013 ... welcome to a game where mages have been dominating since day 1.
    Bout time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    lol i see you joined sept 2013 ... welcome to a game where mages have been dominating since day 1.
    Bout time.
    I must agree with Eifel. Thank god someone from TM posting .

Deleted
    Mages are not weak, warlocks are just very strong - against all other ranged dps.

Mages are really strong on every other fight in SOO. Let them be weak on Heroic Thok.
    They are the worst range for Thok by far. Too much of their damage comes from casted spells.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Mages are really strong on every other fight in SOO. Let them be weak on Heroic Thok.
    They are the worst range for Thok by far. Too much of their damage comes from casted spells.
    you are just wrong. Fire mages can do great dps on thok, vykina said so in a post and I've killed it myself.