10+ Year Old Account

[Moonkin] Troll or Worgen

How do Worgen and Troll DPS raicals stack up for balance in 5.4?
    Last edited by Dirtdogs; 2013-09-21 at 04:18 AM.

Speaking from Troll PoV; cooldown stacking has always, and will always, be "unintentionally good", having a mini-hero/lust during IoC/DoC eclipse sounds like a sure way to pump out a ridiculous amount of damage, whereas your looking at a more flatlined increase going with worgen.

Some bosses has phases, such as for instance General Nazgrim, where you'll be spending around 1/4 (I want to say 1/3, but there will be adds) of the fight idle, making very little use of the +1% crit that kind of needs full dps uptime to justify itself much like most other passive bonuses are designed.

Also, dont forget that there are beast bosses in there like Thok, so trolls will be rolling 5% higher than their competition.

And anyone who plays worgen is a furry.

Troll is better.

1% crit is much more consistent. Berserking really shines when stacked with other CDs, as previously mentioned.

I much prefer worgen for other reasons, as well, though. It's fun to turn into human form when I'm running around killing time in SW/Auctioning, etc. As a shapeshift lover, worgen are awesome.
    I love all the sprints on a worgen druid.
    Also the super-sprint you can activate with Displacer Beast is pretty baller.
    You can pop dash, immediately pop displacer, and when the ~2 sec sprint fades from displacer, you still have dash up and it also allows you to pop darkflight on top of it. ZOOOOOOOOOOM!
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

darkflight is the tits
    fountaiin is jealous
    and troll is better dps racial only because of beast damage

I would love to be troll again, but I don't think I could sleep at night without darkflight.. so nice to have.
    Last edited by boomkinhero; 2013-09-21 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fountaiin View Post

Troll is better.
    so much this

From a numbers perspective wrathcalcs shows at current gear levels worgen above troll.

I would be interested in the opinions of the more prominent moonkin theorycrafters in the community.
    Last edited by dark666105; 2013-09-21 at 11:36 PM.

Troll is better.
    But they're playing a druid, so chances are, they're already furries.

for when BL is at the start, do you pop beserking then as normal with our CD's, or wait till BL is over?

Quote Originally Posted by Anyone42 View Post
    for when BL is at the start, do you pop beserking then as normal with our CD's, or wait till BL is over?
    Typically wait till BL is over, too much haste and you won't gain any benefit. i.e. after 10294 rating, if you have NG up, you're hitting the GCD cap. So haste no longer affects how fast you can cast moonfire/sunfire or with instant SS procs. Shortly thereafter, the same applies to wrath casts being under 1s and starfire being under 1s. So with the meta proc and bloodlust, using berserk is just a waste.

Troll is better.
    but anyone playing a druid is also a furry....

point is moot

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by boomkinhero View Post
    darkflight is the tits
    fountaiin is jealous
    and troll is better dps racial only because of beast damage

I would love to be troll again, but I don't think I could sleep at night without darkflight.. so nice to have.
    You have displacer beast, Dash and Stampeding. You really don't need another movement speed increase.

Typically wait till BL is over, too much haste and you won't gain any benefit. i.e. after 10294 rating, if you have NG up, you're hitting the GCD cap. So haste no longer affects how fast you can cast moonfire/sunfire or with instant SS procs. Shortly thereafter, the same applies to wrath casts being under 1s and starfire being under 1s. So with the meta proc and bloodlust, using berserk is just a waste.
    Still affects your Starfire cast time, which is our main nuke during CA and Incarnation. Even with Bloodlust and Berserking and meta (at least for me), it doesn't run upto the 1 sec GCD cap. It'll also increase the tick rate of our Sunfire and Moonfire dots during this time.

Also, it is 10296 rating
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2013-09-24 at 05:07 AM.