10+ Year Old Account

Level 87 still in jade forest where to go for best xp per hour?

I have this idea that staying in the jade forest until its finished would be faster or as fast as going to Kunlai, because even though the quests and mobs may give less xp, i can kill them faster and have less travel time. I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on this, because i still have 3 toons to go through there.

Tried that once.
    But having just finished leveling the last of the 11 classes to 90 yesterday I feel that it's faster to move on the the next area as soon as you are able to accept quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually continue in zones even after I outlvled them untill I think it's no longer fun to quest in that zone. But in general it really is better to simply go on to the next zone, unless you know there's a questchain where you can do like 4-5 quests in one area. Finish that questchain and go to the next zone after :P

I tried doing that w/an alt after switching to the next highest level zone asap on my main, staying in one zone definitely is slower going due to the xp loss per quest turn-in. Go for it if you're looking to complete the zone for the achieve, though.

Ok, right now I was leveling a forgotten toon, so I had full rested at the beginning of 85. I went each dungeon once for the quests (so I didn't get the random normal reward), and went Jade Forest and then straight Kun lai. Sadly enough, Kun Lai is something you don't want to skip, because you won't be able to get to valey otherwise (the gates open after you finish almost entire zone). When I finished Kun Lai, I was about 3/4 into 90. So now I'm just wrapping it up in Townlong.

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    Ok, right now I was leveling a forgotten toon, so I had full rested at the beginning of 85. I went each dungeon once for the quests (so I didn't get the random normal reward), and went Jade Forest and then straight Kun lai. Sadly enough, Kun Lai is something you don't want to skip, because you won't be able to get to valey otherwise (the gates open after you finish almost entire zone). When I finished Kun Lai, I was about 3/4 into 90. So now I'm just wrapping it up in Townlong.
    Actually the questline to open the gates requires level 87 but isn't part of the Kun'lai quest chain. It's just 3 quests and you can do them anytime you wish. Also you can use a mage portal or someone carry you over with a 2-slot mount. ^^

You can also go up the wall and jump down straight into the valley, go to your faction's shrine and learn the flightpath at any level without ever opening the gates.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    Actually the questline to open the gates requires level 87 but isn't part of the Kun'lai quest chain. It's just 3 quests and you can do them anytime you wish. Also you can use a mage portal or someone carry you over with a 2-slot mount. ^^
    Oh, didn't know that its just couple of quests.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I always do this:
    Jade Forest, 85 - 86
    Valley, 86 - 87 (88 sometimes)
    Kun-lai, 87-88
    Townlong 88-89
    Dread 89-90

I have tried going to krasarang sometimes, but wasnt worth it tbh
    I have 18x lvl 90s and 6 of them was 90 in about 4 weeks after MoP was released by doing the above.

EDIT: Tip if you have low killratio, farm the BoA weapons for 86+ which can be found in dread wastes. Some googling will find the weapons for you pretty fast

Well I definitely suggest moving on immediately. The leveli9ng nerf they did makes leveling so fast.

Only thing I can really say though is if you're on a pvp server go to Krasarang instead of Valley.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

Quote Originally Posted by zetitup View Post
    I always do this:
    Jade Forest, 85 - 86
    Valley, 86 - 87 (88 sometimes)
    Kun-lai, 87-88
    Townlong 88-89
    Dread 89-90

I have tried going to krasarang sometimes, but wasnt worth it tbh
    I have 18x lvl 90s and 6 of them was 90 in about 4 weeks after MoP was released by doing the above.

EDIT: Tip if you have low killratio, farm the BoA weapons for 86+ which can be found in dread wastes. Some googling will find the weapons for you pretty fast
    This is good advice, pretty much what I did.

Pet battles, gathering profs,& archaeology. Ridiculously good XP for time spent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get to the Timeless Isle, group with friends and join the newest favorite past time event of most..... Farm Turtles.
    Make sure your toon has the Brewfest Enthusiast Buff, which gives you 10% more XP for mob kills. That should rake in some dough, and you may even collect some purples that come in handy at level 90.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Get to the Timeless Isle, group with friends and join the newest favorite past time event of most..... Farm Turtles.
    Make sure your toon has the Brewfest Enthusiast Buff, which gives you 10% more XP for mob kills. That should rake in some dough, and you may even collect some purples that come in handy at level 90.
    Took my level 85 warrior to the Timeless isle and farmed the small 190k health turtles on the beach. Absolutely insane XP. Much more efficient than questing, so probably going to be nerfed soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    Took my level 85 warrior to the Timeless isle and farmed the small 190k health turtles on the beach. Absolutely insane XP. Much more efficient than questing, so probably going to be nerfed soon.
    When was that? I am there with my 87 paladin currently and they give about 36k RESTED experience :P

The last few alts ive leveled, ive got to 87 in jade forest then gone to kunlai.

Then with maybe a 1/3 of the zone done and perhaps 2-4 dungeon runs (87+ range) im usually quite close to 90
    I had a all Night Elf Guild in Vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    In my experience moving on to the next area always feels faster. However questing where you think is more fun is probably preferable, but that might not be the case when you level more than one character. You could switch which zone you choose to "stay" in for each character so you'll end up repeating less quests, if you move on each time you level you'll end up doing the same quests over and over as quests are quite linear although there are some choices. Kun-lai has a lot of choices.
    Also I always use rested xp, it really helps a lot with the speed of leveling as mobs give a nice chunk of xp this expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'd head to Kun'lai at 87. Best zone imo.
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DandierSphinx View Post
    Tried that once.
    But having just finished leveling the last of the 11 classes to 90 yesterday I feel that it's faster to move on the the next area as soon as you are able to accept quests.
    Completly agree!

I have leveled 11 level 90's pretty fast myself by just moving on to higher level zones as soon as it was possible.
    You also get better rewards and unlock new hubs faster.