Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Does GhostCrawler have unreasonable expectations for LFR?

I am referring to this quote:
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...10529852841984
    @elepheagle If you want to raid say on your lunch break, LFR works for that but flex may not.
    I'm not sure what ghost crawler is referring to, but my LFR queues are at least 30 minutes, usually up to 60 minutes. That would be most peoples lunch breaks. Where is he getting that people can complete them in an hour? is blizzard really that out of touch of how LFR really works? Usually my queues are 30-60 minutes and the actual time in the lfr is somewhere between 90-150 minutes. That is not anywhere near enough time to do LFR on my "lunch break."
    Last edited by bals; 2013-09-21 at 07:57 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    I am referring to this quote:
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...10529852841984

I'm not sure what ghost crawler is referring to, but my LFR queues are at least 30 minutes, usually up to 60 minutes. That would be most peoples lunch breaks. Where is he getting that people can complete them in an hour? is blizzard really that out of touch of how LFR really works? Usually my queues are 30-60 minutes and the actual time in the lfr is somewhere between 90-150 minutes. That is not where near enough time to do LFR on my "lunch break."
    Your numbers suggest to me that you have a mental condition that causes you to multiply everything by two when you are trying to dramatize a point.

Let's not insult. -Azshira
    Last edited by Azshira; 2013-09-21 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Your numbers suggest to me that you have a mental condition that causes you to multiply everything by two when you are trying to dramatize a point.

continue on

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

continue on
    Although i don't like the wording of his comment, its the first week of this lfr, and you're queued as a dps, did you really expect it to be a 10 minute queue?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacabra View Post
    Although i don't like the wording of his comment, its the first week of this lfr, and you're queued as a dps, did you really expect it to be a 10 minute queue?
    oh i'm sorry, i'm still confusing 'you can do it on your lunch break' over a 10 minute queue. that completely negates the fact that it takes over an hour to do the lfr

Your LFR is up to two and a half hours? For one wing? :P If you have a flexible lunch break you can queue 30 minutes beforehand and then raid for an hour or w/e during lunch. If you have a 30 minute lunch break I wouldn't even bother. I'm not even sure I'd recommend you sit at your desk for an hour in the middle of the day and raid anyways, you should be getting up and stretching your legs a bit imo.

Not really sure this was worth a thread on the subject, it seems weird to me that people are concerned that they can't run LFR during their lunch...are people expecting raid content to be clearable during work breaks now?

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Not really sure this was worth a thread on the subject, it seems weird to me that people are concerned that they can't run LFR during their lunch...are people expecting raid content to be clearable during work breaks now?
    I'm just trying to point out blizzard is really wrong in trying to do lfr over a 'lunch break'. I know I can't. I usually allocate 3 hours for an lfr wing. I just don't get why Blizz is trying to say LFR is for people to do over their lunch hour. Flex/Normal is for a lunch break if you have a group. LFR isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not unreasonable if you plan ahead, or if you can choose when to take your lunch. It's safe to say you could complete most lfr's in a half hour lunch period.

10+ Year Old Account
    Queuing as a DPS always gives me at least a 40 minute wait. If I'm super lucky, I manage to get a near-instant pop when I happen to queue right as a group drops out of LFR... however, they're almost always a boss or two in. I rarely get into fresh runs.

Regarding LFR itself... ugh. The older tiers aren't as bad, a few weeks before SoO came out it took me ~30 minutes to run each wing in ToT (I haven't gone back there since 5.4, no idea how it's going nowadays) -- that's pretty good time considering the difficulty some groups had with certain bosses. But holy god, SoO is SO. PAINFUL. I've taken one of my alts through, which took me three hours. I tried to take my second alt through a couple days ago and zoned into a group on Protectors with 7 stacks of the fail buff. I stayed for awhile, but after they screwed around for half an hour and still didn't kill it I bailed. I queued again today on that alt, got into a fresh run. We wiped on Immersius three times, and while preparing for the fourth pull, the entire raid just sat there staring at the boss for half an hour while some kid typed out "assignments" in raid chat. I had already been in that raid for going on a full hour at that point, I figured if Immersius is taking the group a fricking hour then I'm doomed on Protectors and Norushen.

I decided it would probably be best if I kept my alts out of LFR for the next few weeks until all the LFR heroes figure out the fights.

I'm just trying to point out blizzard is really wrong in trying to do lfr over a 'lunch break'. I know I can't. I usually allocate 3 hours for an lfr wing. I just don't get why Blizz is trying to say LFR is for people to do over their lunch hour. Flex/Normal is for a lunch break if you have a group. LFR isn't.
    Ghostcrawler is a little out of touch sometimes. :P I mean, yeah I'm sure SOME people have the luxury of taking 90 minute flexible lunches, but most people probably do not. I wouldn't take his Twitter post as an overall indication as to what Blizzard as a whole feels about how long it should reasonably take for someone to complete LFR/flex, or as to how long queue times are currently.

I would certainly never recommend someone try to do an LFR wing during a 30 minute lunch, even if they had an insta-queue as a heals/tank. Best bet would probably be to stick to dungeons or pvp if you want to play WoW during your breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by voxTree View Post
    Queuing as a DPS always gives me at least a 40 minute wait. If I'm super lucky, I manage to get a near-instant pop when I happen to queue right as a group drops out of LFR... however, they're almost always a boss or two in. I rarely get into fresh runs.

Regarding LFR itself... ugh. The older tiers aren't as bad, a few weeks before SoO came out it took me ~30 minutes to run each wing in ToT (I haven't gone back there since 5.4, no idea how it's going nowadays) -- that's pretty good time considering the difficulty some groups had with certain bosses. But holy god, SoO is SO. PAINFUL. I've taken one of my alts through, which took me three hours. I tried to take my second alt through a couple days ago and zoned into a group on Protectors with 7 stacks of the fail buff. I stayed for awhile, but after they screwed around for half an hour and still didn't kill it I bailed. I queued again today on that alt, got into a fresh run. We wiped on Immersius three times, and while preparing for the fourth pull, the entire raid just sat there staring at the boss for half an hour while some kid typed out "assignments" in raid chat. I had already been in that raid for going on a full hour at that point, I figured if Immersius is taking the group a fricking hour then I'm doomed on Protectors and Norushen.

I decided it would probably be best if I kept my alts out of LFR for the next few weeks until all the LFR heroes figure out the fights.
    this isn't really directed at you, but it seems despite blizzard's attempts, norushen LFR is just really fucked up. People with 100% corruption are not being pulled in to the zone to clear their corruption, several people with little to no corruption are being pulling constantly.

Makes the fight difficult as the people with 100% corruption usually know how the fight works (why they have 100%) but they never get pulled in to clear it!!!!

Deleted
    He doesn't literally mean a lunch break. It's just another way of saying causal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    He doesn't literally mean a lunch break. It's just another way of saying causal.
    Oh, it's possible. We have someone in the office that plays and has a healer. We've never done this but if we queued up together we'd likely have a relatively short queue and it's not required to do the whole wing. Once in, play for half an hour or so, do a boss or maybe two and then leave. It's not that far-fetched. I think it would be a lot more difficult to plan out as DPS though, no doubt. But even if you don't have anyone in your office--for that matter most places won't allow you to put WoW on your PC although I suppose you could run it from a flash drive--just make plans with a tank/healer friend to log on at some specified time and go. That's what battletags are for.

The point is you'd be playing for fun, not planning to run the whole wing or multiple wings. LFR, for all of its charms and problems, isn't all that serious a business. Log on, have fun for an hour.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Log on, have fun for an hour.
    I agree with you on lfr, but very,very rarely has it taken me an hour to queue for a wing, let alone the wing i queued for in a hour. It's much more likely to take 2+ hours.
    Last edited by bals; 2013-09-21 at 08:46 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    He doesn't literally mean balanced. It's just another way of saying within 40-50k.
    "If I recall correctly I just posted that this topic is not to be discussed any further." -Ensidia Fanclub Founder

It would help, OP, if you would actually understand the context of the quote you posted. It was a reply to this post:
    @Ghostcrawler Might we see LFR phased out in favor of Flex? If opening end-game content to all is the goal, perhaps dif way to achieve it?
    GC isn't saying that you can do an LFR during your lunch break -- he's saying that Flex raid is likely to be more time consuming to organize and start for the average person than LFR would be. He's saying that they're not going to remove LFR because of Flex raid.

Furthermore, your 1-2 hour queues are... well, silly. I've had 25-30 minute queues as a DPS for almost the entirety of ToT. You obviously can't look at queue times right now, since SoO is brand new and everyone is queueing.

So, in the future, try to take into account the context of the quote you're referring to. Otherwise, we're going to see you posting threads at 5PM about "Taco Bell posted that they're now serving breakfast, but I went there and all they had was their regular menu!"
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-09-21 at 09:01 AM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

I wasn't only factoring in my long queue time, which was higher than 60 minutes.
    My time in the instance was easily 90+ minutes.

In the future, I suggest you don't just eat up what Blizzard says, actually take in to context the time allotments.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    GC isn't saying that you can do an LFR during your lunch break -- he's saying that Flex raid is likely to be more time consuming to organize and start for the average person than LFR would be. He's saying that they're not going to remove LFR because of Flex raid.
    They should know what they are saying will be taken at word value.

My flex raids take less time than lfr.

I don't think he's questioning the easiness of LFR or the time it takes there, I think he's pointing out that queueing into a raid is easier and more accessible than finding friends and pugs to raid is.

You're the one that made a thread based on a false premise. You don't get to make suggestions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I don't think he's questioning the easiness of LFR or the time it takes there, I think he's pointing out that queueing into a raid is easier and more accessible than finding friends and pugs to raid is.
    And you're 100% correct. Let me guess, you actually saw the question he was replying to?

See, OP, context.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    You're the one that made a thread based on a false premise. You don't get to make suggestions.
    how is this a false premise?
    Ghostcrawler said you can do LFR in a lunchbreak. I can't do it in one hour, YET A LONE 2 HOURS.
    that is inherently false. Just making sure you agree that Blizzard's representative is false.