Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    this isn't really directed at you, but it seems despite blizzard's attempts, norushen LFR is just really fucked up. People with 100% corruption are not being pulled in to the zone to clear their corruption, several people with little to no corruption are being pulling constantly.

Makes the fight difficult as the people with 100% corruption usually know how the fight works (why they have 100%) but they never get pulled in to clear it!!!!
    So kill the adds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Need less Brazil servers, so the 30-45m runs will occur more often.
    Stay salty my friends.

Just like to add that after hearing the usual "horror" stories about LFR runs in SoO I was expecting the worst, total time from queuing to finishing was 50 minutes, with about 10-15 of that queuing.

Took some responsibility for the group and asked if anyone wanted pointers for each of the fights; only wipe was on trash before Norushen. Norushen himself I was expecting the randomness of the people being pulled through to cleanse so spent the entire fight killing adds as soon as they appeared and we one shot it...

If you find LFR runs are full of bads and people who don't have a clue, and you're not trying to help and explain the important parts of each fight (of which there are about 1 or 2 per fight) then you're just as much a part of the problem :P
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2013-09-21 at 09:36 AM.
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with you on lfr, but very,very rarely has it taken me an hour to queue for a wing, let alone the wing i queued for in a hour. It's much more likely to take 2+ hours.
    Well, now you can queue for a half dozen or more wings at a time.

You WILL get into one of them in a few minutes as DPS.

Half hour queue times for DPS, I never see except at 2AM Pacific in the middle of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Or just wait for the hotfix that already happens that fixed the bug where it wasn't picking people with high corruption.
    Sure but to understand the fight and sit there bemoaning that you haven't been picked rather than just kill the adds is a bit dumb.

Except that there are quite a few people who ignore you or call you names when you try to explain the various fights which has led to quite a few of us just giving up on trying to help.
    Firstly, that bothers you if people call you names for trying to help? Mkay. Secondly, it must be in the way you try to "offer" "advice" I've never been called any names for asking if anyone wanted any pointers for the next boss...

Deleted
    Ok, now add in the time you spent in queue... The time spent inside the LFR isn't how long it took you to complete it. The time from when you queued to when you actually completed it is how long it took you.
    Well I got in almost automatically since I tanked - my queue time is not really a realistic depiction of the average queue times.

my LFR queues are at least 30 minutes, usually up to 60 minutes.
    Anecdotal evidence, my queues are mostly instant, max 5 min.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am referring to this quote:
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...10529852841984

I'm not sure what ghost crawler is referring to, but my LFR queues are at least 30 minutes, usually up to 60 minutes. That would be most peoples lunch breaks. Where is he getting that people can complete them in an hour? is blizzard really that out of touch of how LFR really works? Usually my queues are 30-60 minutes and the actual time in the lfr is somewhere between 90-150 minutes. That is not anywhere near enough time to do LFR on my "lunch break."
    Oh now I know the root of all the problems.... Lunch breaks.....
    Lunch breaks are for sissies.... Real men don't take them, they work trough it. Grab a bite and get going. I haven't worked in a job field where your stay at the company location was extended by the amount of the lunch time in a good 20 years. Screw that.

And seriously, GC is a tad off on that. Sure enough some people have the luxury to be online during work or school whatever.. But very very few have the time to actually run some LFR. For the vast majority lunch break is 30 mins.... Few have 1 hour.
    Besides... What he implies is just as wrong as what my "lunch break" looks like.
    Ideally your lunch break should really be a break. A break from everything. Eat something, and then relax, don't do anything at all. When you play you ain't resting. You are just as active as you are while working. You just do something else. And that's wrong.

Although I think your numbers are a tad too high in overall, the result is still the same. LFR during lunch, that's stretching it. Unless one goes ahead and kills 2 bosses, then leaves to complete it later..

Edit: Nonetheless GC's point was not about raiding during lunch... He just used it as an example of difficulty difference between LFR and Flex.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2013-09-21 at 10:03 AM.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Anecdotal evidence, my queues are mostly instant, max 5 min.
    Most likely because you're either a tank or a healer. My LFR queues usually take 10 to even 60 minutes. It's what makes LFR a bitch to run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    Most likely because you're either a tank or a healer. My LFR queues usually take 10 to even 60 minutes. It's what makes LFR a bitch to run.
    Queue times are very heavily bound to several factors:
    1 what spec you are
    2 what time of the day you are queueing
    3 what day of the week you are queueing

Even as healer your queue times are very high (in relative terms) when you try to run an LFR while most people are asleep, like the early morning hours. Same goes for the end of the WoW Week, like sundays or mondays..
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    oh i'm sorry, i'm still confusing 'you can do it on your lunch break' over a 10 minute queue. that completely negates the fact that it takes over an hour to do the lfr
    We all have 3 hour lunch breaks, what are you on about O_O
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

It's strange that they still have these thoughts about LFR, it's like they can't admit that most of the times it's just the worst of the worst in there, that's who they should be tuning it for. They don't seem to realize that the common player's skill level is most likely sub-LFR, or that organization is incredibly difficult, especially if there important classes that don't understand your language.

Flex is the new LFR, there really is no point to running LFR now that you can get a flex group and most likely clear the section of the raid faster than you could in an LFR. Providing people know what they're doing(and know how to play their chararcter), a flex pug would be all around better.

Now that Flex is out and the LFR ilvl is below the timeless isle burden epics(535), they should just make them even more of a loot pinata and call it a day. That was the original intent, something to raid for players that don't have time to do normals+, kind of ironic that it turned it to be more time consuming than a flex raid.

My average wait time as dps is about 15min. The only times I have really long queues is when I try to do it at 2am or something like that.

As a tank or healer I regularly have instant queues and usually 5-10min.

I don't know what kind of horrible runs you're getting if you need 2 hours to clear a wing. I haven't wiped in ToT LFR for ages, and the one time I did SoO LFR, I wiped once on Norushen and once on Sha.

Anyway, Ghostcrawler's point is that LFR doesn't require any time for organization and it doesn't require any commitment. No one cares if you leave after 2 bosses. People aren't going to be too happy if you just leave in the middle of a flex run though.

...Or maybe GC just mean the time to complete a run (LFR / Flex) without counting queue time since it varies greatly depends on your role and realm groups. Too bad, he should have learned that people will be nitpicking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spend an hour in que. Spend an hour and a half to kill the place and that's assuming you don't wipe or get one of those half finished groups and have to que all over again. GCs expectations are unreasonable. He seems to think they can make raiding something casual friendly with lfr but even with lfr it's not very casual friendly.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    ...Or maybe GC just mean the time to complete a run (LFR / Flex) without counting queue time since it varies greatly depends on your role and realm groups. Too bad, he should have learned that people will be nitpicking.
    You will take into consideration the commute time as well, for a real life job, towards total wasted time for that job.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

what realm are you on? I would like to be there (not actually going to transfer, just want to know)

you actually complete a wing of lfr in 45 minutes? that's amazing.
    Really?? X-realm dude go run a Lfr on a Tuesday, I dont kno how SoO will be because I never plan on running Lfr again as long as the legendary drops are not tied to it(im done legendary and do not plan on running an alt thru that awful gaming experience)but ToT lfrs on Tuesdays were always under 1 hour for every wing with no determination stacks

10+ Year Old Account
    I did MOgu shan in less than 30 minutes... so yeah I can do it in my lunch break... sure I can't do SoO in under 30minutes but I can LFR in under 30minutes. So Ghostcrawler is right.

Deleted
    I am referring to this quote:
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...10529852841984

I'm not sure what ghost crawler is referring to, but my LFR queues are at least 30 minutes, usually up to 60 minutes. That would be most peoples lunch breaks. Where is he getting that people can complete them in an hour? is blizzard really that out of touch of how LFR really works? Usually my queues are 30-60 minutes and the actual time in the lfr is somewhere between 90-150 minutes. That is not anywhere near enough time to do LFR on my "lunch break."
    Are you really taking his quote that serious? Do you really think that he thinks you have the time to raid on your lunchbreak?

He is being sarcastic but still making the point that LFR is a quick run (once you get inside the raid it is) and flex is not as quick as LFR.

Deleted
    He was using a lunch break as an example of a time when you could think "Hey! I'd like to hop on WoW and do a raid!", and be able to do LFR. If you go back and read the question he was responding to: "Might we see LFR phased out in favor of Flex? If opening end-game content to all is the goal, perhaps dif way to achieve it?" you'll see that he was asking if LFR will be removed.

GC's point is that LFR won't be removed as you can just hop on WoW at any given time (for example, your lunch break) and raid, which is much harder to do with Flex as Flex requires a premade group which will need more scheduling and co-ordination before you enter the raid. I have done LFR in my lunch break before. He never promised that you will always get a perfect group and have a lovely, quick and smooth run in your lunch break.