Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    He's somewhat right, in the sense of LFR is something you do when you only have small amount of time.

but does not change the fact LFR should not exist.

OP, let me introduce you to a rhetorical device called hyperbole. He was in no making the claim that EVERYONE can ALWAYS do LFR in under an hour, as you seem to be suggesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Your numbers suggest to me that you have a mental condition that causes you to multiply everything by two when you are trying to dramatize a point.

Let's not insult. -Azshira
    Your insulting reply tells me you've not queued for SoO LFR as a DPS in my battlegroup. I've yet to see a queue less than 45 mins and this week at least I wiped once on 3 of 4 bosses (1 shot Immerseus, 2 shot the others.) which all together probably took at least 90 mins.

Even in ToT LFR queues for DPS were typically 20 mins. Wings of HoF were about 30 mins though.

So, no, you're not doing most LFR on lunch break. Nor SHOULD you.

I queued for first wing of LFR right after servers came back online after reset, and I spent a minute or two in queue and only wiped on Norushen one time. Less than 45 mins for sure total. However, I queued again a day or two later to do the Timeless Isle quest and the average wait was already 30 minutes.

It has always been better to queue early in the week for better groups and queue times, but that's going to be even more true now than ever I think. The LFR experience truly pales in comparison to Flex raids, so much so that I'd go so far as to say that LFR should have never been added to this game and it should have been Flexible raiding added in Cataclysm. This coming from someone who has been among the most ardent supporters of LFR in the past and raided LFR exclusively until 5.4. Anyway, the point being that LFR is such a grating, boring experience compared to even a sloppy Flex pug that LFR will probably be a last resort for many now.

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    He's somewhat right, in the sense of LFR is something you do when you only have small amount of time.
    Too bad that LFR takes time sitting in queue...

I will say, expecting to finish LFR in 30 minutes is a stretch lol. Typically the only way you're going to finish that fast is if everyone out gears it, which is not likely to happen.

Apparently they have 3+ hour lunch breaks at Blizzard.

This explains much.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I will say, expecting to finish LFR in 30 minutes is a stretch lol. Typically the only way you're going to finish that fast is if everyone out gears it, which is not likely to happen.
    Someone point out to me where in the quote he says anything about finishing. Look, this is not really that complicated, even as a DPS. It's lunch and you feel like doing a little bit of random LFR raiding:

1. Queue up for all possible LFR instances at once. Your queue time will drop by quite a bit. You can queue for multiple raids and wings now.
    2. Enter the instance. Proceed to do what it is that you do.

The tweet doesn't that you'll be in the raid or wing that is your current first priority or that you'll finish the wing or anything else.

One of the problems--like everything he says--is that people are reading stuff into it that isn't there. All he said was if you want to raid on your lunchtime, LFR is there for that. And if you aren't overly choosy about it, you certainly can do that.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-09-21 at 10:29 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Queue times are very heavily bound to several factors:
    1 what spec you are
    2 what time of the day you are queueing
    3 what day of the week you are queueing

Even as healer your queue times are very high (in relative terms) when you try to run an LFR while most people are asleep, like the early morning hours. Same goes for the end of the WoW Week, like sundays or mondays..
    Sure. Look, if people don't understand that tank and heals have short queues they're idiots. Same for people who queue at 9am and expect it to be fast. But the tanks and healers also have to acknowledge that DPS queues are FAR worse, even in the evening. I almost never saw a DPS queue in ToT that was less than 20 mins. It happened a couple of times but it was far more likely that I'd spend 20-30 mins in queue.

SoO right now is taking some time to complete the first wing because of several things. First, it's new so most people don't know the fights. Second, we don't outgear things. Third, some of the raiders who would normally run LFR are in flex (or are progressing in normal and heroic). It will work out. Or not.

Quote Originally Posted by voxTree View Post
    Queuing as a DPS always gives me at least a 40 minute wait. If I'm super lucky, I manage to get a near-instant pop when I happen to queue right as a group drops out of LFR... however, they're almost always a boss or two in. I rarely get into fresh runs.

Regarding LFR itself... ugh. The older tiers aren't as bad, a few weeks before SoO came out it took me ~30 minutes to run each wing in ToT (I haven't gone back there since 5.4, no idea how it's going nowadays) -- that's pretty good time considering the difficulty some groups had with certain bosses. But holy god, SoO is SO. PAINFUL. I've taken one of my alts through, which took me three hours. I tried to take my second alt through a couple days ago and zoned into a group on Protectors with 7 stacks of the fail buff. I stayed for awhile, but after they screwed around for half an hour and still didn't kill it I bailed. I queued again today on that alt, got into a fresh run. We wiped on Immersius three times, and while preparing for the fourth pull, the entire raid just sat there staring at the boss for half an hour while some kid typed out "assignments" in raid chat. I had already been in that raid for going on a full hour at that point, I figured if Immersius is taking the group a fricking hour then I'm doomed on Protectors and Norushen.

I decided it would probably be best if I kept my alts out of LFR for the next few weeks until all the LFR heroes figure out the fights.
    I zoned into an LFR today. One shot every boss, got two peices of loot, and that was that.

Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal. The raids will take less time as more people figure out the easy-strats to down all the bosses. Just like Tot, Toes, HoF, MSV, and DS before it. First few weeks are going to be shitty, then people will out gear it and figure out the easiest strat to idiotproof the encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    then people will out gear it and figure out the easiest strat to idiotproof the encounter.
    Not really on topic, but it really doesn't seem like good game design to me when success has to be guaranteed by these factors.

On the topic, I think it was a poor choice of words/hypothetical situations and not something that was given much thought. I'm fairly certain GC is intimately familiar with the statistics on queue times and completion rates and times and trying to read something more into this comment is silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adhemar View Post
    Not really on topic, but it really doesn't seem like good game design to me when success has to be guaranteed by these factors.
    If it was the only raid design in the game it wouldn't be. As one of four and the easiest it's what it is. How good of a game design is it to assemble a random group of players that have little chance of success? Another reason why it's fine for casually dropping in for a short bit during personal down time (just to steer back to the topic). If the random group of players thing is a bother then stick to the other three and schedules.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Anyone else notice Burden of Eternity drops dialed back up the day after LFR launched?

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    I am referring to this quote:
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...10529852841984

I'm not sure what ghost crawler is referring to, but my LFR queues are at least 30 minutes, usually up to 60 minutes. That would be most peoples lunch breaks. Where is he getting that people can complete them in an hour? is blizzard really that out of touch of how LFR really works? Usually my queues are 30-60 minutes and the actual time in the lfr is somewhere between 90-150 minutes. That is not anywhere near enough time to do LFR on my "lunch break."
    Maybe blizzard employees get 2 hr lunch breaks.

Seriously though "lunch break" might be the wrong term but compared to Flex and harder LFR is fast. You don't spend 20 minutes getting everyone on vent and prepping for the fights. You just queue up and go with little organization at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    That is not anywhere near enough time to do LFR on my "lunch break."

Directly after the servers went up last Wednesday. :>

Boss fights alone are 5-10 minutes long in the first wing of LFR if you one shot it. You might if you're lucky and get an instant queue kill the first boss or two before a 30 minute lunch break is over.

only reason people feel SoO lfr is harder is that its first week and people who already did flex/normal still scream like braindead idiots "go go go " instead stand and explain tactics before boss - if they didnt push it so hard only explained tactics to everybody else everything would be 1 shot - and if norushen didnt had retarded random select only normal golden ball it would be faceroll one shot too -_-

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    , some of the raiders who would normally run LFR are in flex (or are progressing in normal and heroic). It will work out. Or not.
    trust me they are still there only the act as always as retarded monkey who rather scream after wipe instead tell out tactics .only thing is they are more spread across the week cause on reset day they run flex before normal/hc instead lfr - they do lfr later on alts etc.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2013-09-22 at 12:10 PM.

As dps my ques are normally between 20mins - 1 hour but the actual raid takes 45 mins = 60 mins.... Nowhere near your 1.5 - 2.5 hours. This was the case in TOT anyway.

Sure it might take that long in Siege this week because it's new and despite what a lot of people claim.... you can't just ignore all the mechanics in LFR in a full pug group (not in a current LFR raiders gear anyway). This is the reason i've not bothered with the new LFR on my alts this wewek and probably wont for at least 2 more weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Norjak View Post
    Too bad that LFR takes time sitting in queue...
    Try something other than DPS for once and often there isn't really any que time (i'm not claiming there never is).
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2013-09-22 at 12:19 PM.