Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    Wondering how much history would have changed if the mechanism worked as it was intended
    Me too, and wondering if it had, would there be a different world power, or a change in heart about nukes from the powers that be?
    Sounds like a basis for a movie, tv series, web comic, anime and or game. I mean besides the obvious awesome book.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    The Bomb is actually armed by inserting a bicycle lock key into the arming switch and turning it through 90 degrees. There is no code which needs to be entered or dual key system to prevent a rogue individual from arming the Bomb.
    I thought the UK's nuclear arsenal was deployed via submarines?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I thought the UK's nuclear arsenal was deployed via submarines?
    They are now, but the Chair force used to have some.

when you say "near-miss" that george carlin bit comes to mind

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    They are now, but the Chair force used to have some.
    Now, now, neither the army nor navy can compare with the glamour of the RAF...

Technically, David Niven was a Commando, but whatever.

I may have a slight bias toward the RAF as I have had family members in it since it was the RFC.

Jeeze this again? How many times do we have to hear this story? And every time this story pops up, which has been happening for decades, it just gets a little more dire, supposedly because of "newly declassified documents". If that's true, there must be about a dozen levels of classification for an incident that was already declassified decades ago.

Give it a rest already.

I remember that NC one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Now, now, neither the army nor navy can compare with the glamour of the RAF...

Technically, David Niven was a Commando, but whatever.

I may have a slight bias toward the RAF as I have had family members in it since it was the RFC.
    I will be the first to admit that RAF pilots are awesome, but every thorough bred Stallion attracts swarms of flies, these flies are the ground crew.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah they were armed with a dumb key, but they are useless without the codes.
    Wasn't the code something like 00000 for the longest time?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Not heard about that, but it sounds like a silly joke to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that a Billy Joel reference?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not heard about that, but it sounds like a silly joke to me.
    Found what I was talking about. The 00000000 thing was the PAL code for the USA's minuteman missiles.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Still required 2 people to launch though.

A similar case happened in Aug. 30 2007 when a B52 flied over US continental with six loaded nuclear missiles. Here is what I wrote then:

510. A nuclear attack in August plot (9/23/07)

9/6, under the briefing news about Rep. Paul Gillmor's death, Mercury News also reported: "Nuclear warheads flown between bases in error

A B-52 bomber was mistakenly armed with six nuclear warheads and flown for more then three hours across several states last week,.....
    The plane carried Advanced Cruise Missiles from Minot Air Force Base, N.D. to Barksdale Air Force Base, La., on Aug 30."

Then in same internet article, I learned that in military procedure, nuclear weapons must be shipped on the ground in the continental US in case there is an accident.

Re: "9-11-2007- WHAT'S GOING ON?

September 11, 2007 at 09:58:57

Now we learn that on August 30th, six nuclear warheads were "accidentally" shipped by B-52 from Minot Air Force Base in North Dakota to Barksdale Air Force Base in Louisiana. (Five arrived, did one get "lost"? Or is someone unable to count?) This violates all military procedure, which requires that nuclear weapons always be shipped on the ground in the continental US, so that if there's an accident, a bomb detonation won't occur. It would take an order from the Commander-in-Chief to put nukes on a plane.

The warheads were reportedly fastened to cruise missiles, which have a range of 1500-2000 miles. Not enough to cross the Atlantic, but enough to hit cities in the US as part of a false flag operation. This scenario is being claimed by "military investigators" on the Hal Turner show, and is making its way around the internet. It's being said the plan was to hit 5 American cities with nuclear weapons over Labor Day weekend in order to install martial law. If so, we have been saved by the grace of God, operating through loyal American whistleblowers, who made the "accidental shipment" of nuclear warheads public."

http://www.opednews.com/articles/ope..._what_s_go.htm

If you are a regular reader of my journal, you know as early as 8/18 I have predicted that 8/31 to 9/3 would be the action day of the August plot.(the day when Bay Bridge closed) I also repeatedly alleged there would be false flag terror attack (likely dirty bomb attack or nuclear weapon attack) to distract the framed case. This news proves my allegation. The attack would be from the government insider not from Islamic terrorist. It also alerted me that I under-estimated the Feds. Their tactic is not distract but pre-distract.

I imagine (regardless of what the Fed says) that nukes are routinely moved around the country via air.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by katsung47 View Post
    Snip
    No, just no.

The US is not, and was not, intending to nuke itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    No, just no.

The US is not, and was not, intending to nuke itself.
    They might have done it already. That was 911.

763. Why select New York? (3/18/2013)

Several years after 911 attack, people were rattled by unusual cancer case among first responders of ground zero. They started to think the WTC were pulled down by mini nukes.

"35 Reasons for Many Small Fission Nukes at the WTC
    Thursday, July 02, 2009

1) heat generation at ground zero for six months (china syndrome)

http://wtcdemolition.blogspot.com/2009/07/35-reasons-for-many-small-fission-nukes.html"
    "China Syndrome at the WTC

http://www.nucleardemolition.com/chinasyn.html"
    Then cancer caused death rapidly rose. 345 Ground Zero workers have died of various cancers as of June 2010.

"9/11 NUKE DEMOLITION PROOF: Firefighters Radiation Cancers “Off the Scale”

April 4, 2011 By Daily Mail Reporter

A seven-year study by the New York Fire Department has claimed that there are ‘unusual rises’ in the number of cancer cases among firefighters who worked in the aftermath of 9/11.

Dr. David Prezant, the Fire Department’s chief medical officer, has reportedly said that cancer cases across ‘all ranks’ of the FDNY who worked at Ground Zero are ‘up significantly’.

It is thought that the report – due to be officially disclosed in time for the 10th anniversary of the terror attacks in September – cites unusual rises in leukemia, non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma and multiple myeloma.

‘It’s a fact that New York City firefighters are dying of cancer in record numbers.

‘We have buried 10 firefighters in just the last 15 weeks, seven with cancer. On Sept. 10, 2001, they were young, healthy firefighters.’

The New York state Health Department has confirmed that 345 Ground Zero workers have died of various cancers as of June 2010.

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2011/04/04/911-nuke-demolition-proof-firefighters-radiation-cancers-off-the-scale/"
    Now you should understand why Eric Holder announced to put "911 mastermind K.S.Mohammed " on trial in New York" in 2009. It was used to justify an "Al Qaida revenge attack for trial of their leader". The planned attack was a nuclear one, so they could blame the cancer were caused by Al Qaida terror attack. The purpose is to cover up the truth that in 911 attack, mini nukes were used. The similar tactic has been tried in 2007, when a B-52 flied over US continental with 6 loaded nuke missiles. New York must have been the target of these nuclear missiles. Of course, mainstream media beat the drum on “911 Master-mind trial” but rarely report the unusual cancer deaths of the first responders of ground zero. Because that would expose who was the real Master-mind of 911 – Al Qaida has no nuclear bomb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by katsung47 View Post
    Snip
    You have the most vivid imagination of anyone on the internet, you should put that to good use and write a fantasy novel.