Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Stood in the Fire Wilhelm137's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    hoping they also add a lvl 50 version of the existing dungeons, i dont care if people think this is too similar to wow, doesnt have to be spefically hard mode, just gives more stuff to do at lvl 50 in terms of variation, also varied drops wouldnt hurt either, WP and AK are intended to be harder instances that drop loot in terms of 4 man, but would love more variation even if the items are lower quality then those, it also adds as a stepping stone to those instances and beyond, also more 8 man stuff wouldnt hurt, castrum and praet are actually good fun if you dont have idiots that want to ruin the fun from people if they wish so.
    2 dungeons are being made into heroics for 2.1 and then there's a new dungeon they made that's also for lvl 50(they're hoping to eventually make all dungeons into heroics). Heroic modes for these dungeons however are not normal WoW heroics where it's the same mobs/bosses, from what they've said it will look somewhat different and there will be new bosses with new mechanics(you know since we killed off the lower lvl bosses already).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    What's the Wolve's dungeon? it looks cool.
    Pvp arena, however think of it more as a small battleground without ranking(from my understanding atleast since they've barely said anything on it).

  2. #22
    hc dungeons just to make them harder and new bosses is one thing, what we need is still a better stepping stone to WP/AK beyond, it adds more variation, think you are misunderstanding me.

    im already geared for the HM primals and on garuda as we speak, just need a group to go in and kill her, but my point stands is more places to get relevant items at lvl 50 with more variation to do so, more harder stuff past WP/AK is something else in its own right. they need to add more easier instances and not just harder ones, at least im hoping they do this, before WP/AK, cos let me be honest, there isnt, and hence the huge frustration that people have in there, it smooths things out, its pretty rough step to there.

    i dont find those personally hard, but my skill set isnt what im concerned about, im concerned about people managing it through, skill will come over time, and i know they intend to add a gear check to those instances, but think of it this way, the most enjoyable way to aquire gear is through dungeons, and be much nicer to have something between the last pre 50 dungeon and WP/AK that isnt hard so to speak

  3. #23
    Stood in the Fire Wilhelm137's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    hc dungeons just to make them harder and new bosses is one thing, what we need is still a better stepping stone to WP/AK beyond, it adds more variation, think you are misunderstanding me.

    im already geared for the HM primals and on garuda as we speak, just need a group to go in and kill her, but my point stands is more places to get relevant items at lvl 50 with more variation to do so, more harder stuff past WP/AK is something else in its own right. they need to add more easier instances and not just harder ones, at least im hoping they do this, before WP/AK, cos let me be honest, there isnt, and hence the huge frustration that people have in there, it smooths things out, its pretty rough step to there.

    i dont find those personally hard, but my skill set isnt what im concerned about, im concerned about people managing it through, skill will come over time, and i know they intend to add a gear check to those instances, but think of it this way, the most enjoyable way to aquire gear is through dungeons, and be much nicer to have something between the last pre 50 dungeon and WP/AK that isnt hard so to speak
    What reason though should they have to add even easier instances at lvl 50 than WP and AK? The vast majority(95%+) of new lvl 50 players will have their job af gear which is only 5 ilvls lower than what you get out of WP, if what you're asking for is an easier instance than WP to get better loot than what drops out of the current lvl 50 dungeons then I really do hope they never add said handout dungeon. There is also Aurum Vale which is a lvl 47 dungeon which for the most part has worse gear in it than job af gear, there does not need to be anything between AV and the 2 lvl 50 instances when af gear is more than enough to get you into those instances.

    Hardmode instances are being added because currently outside of AK and WP there is no instanced content at max level worth mentioning other than coil(which requires doing AK 60+ times along with killing the primals). Hardmodes will be a stepping stone between(hopefully) darklight gear and crystal tower, if WP and AK aren't enough to get to that point or atleast getting several darklight pieces then it's not a matter of gear that's holding people back it's skill.

  4. #24
    you really didnt read what ive wrote, dunno what your dislike is really with smooth transitions, guess your elitist meh i ignore your kind really, but job gear only covers a few slots, AV last boss isnt actually a walk over, its a nice boss, but i guess you havent noticed, the transitions from these areas are rough, they arent smooth enough, and the lvl 50s you speak of are the ones that have been spending a lot of time in game, i know i have to get to this stage, and lets remind you, wow is still a success with its "handout", it has one thing right even if loot isnt an issue, it has a very smooth transition from instance to instance, something ive not seen in other mmos, and lets not forget where other mmos stand shall we

  5. #25
    Stood in the Fire Wilhelm137's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    you really didnt read what ive wrote, dunno what your dislike is really with smooth transitions, guess your elitist meh i ignore your kind really, but job gear only covers a few slots, AV last boss isnt actually a walk over, its a nice boss, but i guess you havent noticed, the transitions from these areas are rough, they arent smooth enough, and the lvl 50s you speak of are the ones that have been spending a lot of time in game, i know i have to get to this stage, and lets remind you, wow is still a success with its "handout", it has one thing right even if loot isnt an issue, it has a very smooth transition from instance to instance, something ive not seen in other mmos, and lets not forget where other mmos stand shall we
    How is it elitist saying they should not add another lvl 50 dungeon that's easier than the current ones that drops better gear than the current ones? Job af gear covers 5 slots and then at lvl 47 you can run AV for the slots af doesn't cover(AV gear is only 5-7 ilvls lower than WP gear) and if you feel inclined you can buy a decent lvl 50 wep off the ah for next to nothing or even just run ifrit for something you won't replace for a little while.

    You cannot come into quite a few mmos and expect things to be like WoW where decent high level gear is literally handed out through instances or dailies that can be rolled over(after playing it for 5 years i'm honestly tired of so many handouts). This game is not WoW and it does not try and be it like so many mmos before it(because look what happened to so many of them not long after they came out), in this game if you want gear you work for it and if gear you have isn't cutting it for content that requires said gear then it's time to skill up.

    This is a game that came from Japan and guess what? they don't care wtf WoW is and how it handles it's subscribers(WoW is not and most likely will never come out in Japan). If they want something more "hardcore" then that is for them to decide, we only got this game because of the Final Fantasy fanbase over here and some changes to it have actually been to make things more casual because they know hardcore doesn't sit well with a lot of people here.
    Last edited by Wilhelm137; 2013-09-21 at 09:47 PM.

  6. #26
    The only class that really has trouble going into AK with just AF gear is warrior. Everyone else, it's fair game. I'm saying this because I've done it with a group of af geared people. Is it fast or efficient? no, but is it doable? yes. I like the way they have it setup because, even though a lot of people are having trouble with AK, it's not lack of gear or "rough transition" as you put it, it's just a lower quality of players. Not saying you're one of those but it is the truth. There are a lot of people these days spoiled from getting gear and facerolling through content easily in other games and they're expecting it in this game as well. Well, it's not happening from the looks of it, and I like it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    you really didnt read what ive wrote, dunno what your dislike is really with smooth transitions, guess your elitist meh i ignore your kind really, but job gear only covers a few slots, AV last boss isnt actually a walk over, its a nice boss, but i guess you havent noticed, the transitions from these areas are rough, they arent smooth enough, and the lvl 50s you speak of are the ones that have been spending a lot of time in game, i know i have to get to this stage, and lets remind you, wow is still a success with its "handout", it has one thing right even if loot isnt an issue, it has a very smooth transition from instance to instance, something ive not seen in other mmos, and lets not forget where other mmos stand shall we
    wow has smooth transition from instance to instance? Um, more like boring easy transition. There's no skill involved at all, people just afk in lfr to get their loot and then go into the normal raids. 5 man dungeons are not hard at all either, you can do it in questing gear.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post
    This is a game that came from Japan and guess what? they don't care wtf WoW is and how it handles it's subscribers(WoW is not and most likely will never come out in Japan). If they want something more "hardcore" then that is for them to decide, we only got this game because of the Final Fantasy fanbase over here and some changes to it have actually been to make things more casual because they know hardcore doesn't sit well with a lot of people here.
    Completely irrelevant to the discussion, I feel AK is incredibly boring tbh and cakewalk. Unfortunately I'm still fresh 50 and not even close to geared for titan hm or coil =/
    Last edited by dk3790; 2013-09-21 at 09:54 PM.

  7. #27
    you really didnt read what ive wrote, dunno what your dislike is really with smooth transitions, guess your elitist meh i ignore your kind really, but job gear only covers a few slots, AV last boss isnt actually a walk over, its a nice boss, but i guess you havent noticed, the transitions from these areas are rough, they arent smooth enough, and the lvl 50s you speak of are the ones that have been spending a lot of time in game, i know i have to get to this stage, and lets remind you, wow is still a success with its "handout", it has one thing right even if loot isnt an issue, it has a very smooth transition from instance to instance, something ive not seen in other mmos, and lets not forget where other mmos stand shall we
    Why would they want to introduce an easier dungeon than the dungeon that people are already tired of steamrolling for gear as it is?

    And yeah, some of us don't mind the transitions being "rough" anyway. Hell, that's really how it should be I would think, because some people prefer challenges. This idea that grinding X long enough should make X+1 a cakewalk so you can grind it long enough to make X+2 a cakewalk is silly and boring.

    5 man dungeons are not hard at all either, you can do it in questing gear.
    Heh, some classes in MoP could hit 90, solo normal mode instances in their quest gear to get enough gear to move into heroics, solo those, and end up geared enough for the first LFR tier. 5-mans were REALLY undertuned in MoP.

  8. #28
    FYI extreme mode means it's an actual step up from HM Primals. Think like current HM Ifrit/Titan/Garuda -> Extreme, sort of like going from normal to heroic difficulty in WOW.

    FC housing is something I'm looking forward to. They didn't explicitly say it but I am 99% sure this will draw on a lot of gathering materials and maybe even some basic crafting. It might make gathering classes worth it on my server!

  9. #29
    All things that should have already been in the game on release. Now its lacking end game as hell. Nothing to do but like one dungeon

  10. #30
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

    Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

  11. #31
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    11,856
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Wow...that's looking as good as Wildstar's housing in terms of models and quality of your home. I am very excited for this.
    BAD WOLF

  12. #32
    Oh, and then there was this thing.

    Shantotto minion? Do want.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

    Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

  13. #33
    Pandaren Monk Razael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,965
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Wow...that's looking as good as Wildstar's housing in terms of models and quality of your home. I am very excited for this.
    Looks pretty cool alright, and im not even too much into Housing.

  14. #34
    Wow, that housing looks amazing.

  15. #35
    Housing looks good, but I'm really curious to see the other 2 areas, since we already got to see Limsa's during beta. I'm sure they're just not finished enough to be done yet. Also curious what the cost of a home willl be, dunno how many million to keep back to get one.

  16. #36
    Stood in the Fire Wilhelm137's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by Shardik View Post
    Housing looks good, but I'm really curious to see the other 2 areas, since we already got to see Limsa's during beta. I'm sure they're just not finished enough to be done yet. Also curious what the cost of a home willl be, dunno how many million to keep back to get one.
    From what they said several weeks ago housing was done soon after launch just they don't want it out till 2.1. Also they mention medium sized houses will be 3x what you would make while leveling(so 500-600k), now that could easily change considering they went back to the drawing board on price because they want to get the market under control first(by market they mean get some gil out there other than what you make from leveling).

    However if you want a large house expect to pay nothing less than 1-2 million due to they do not want everyone having a large house(think they actually said they will be in limited quantities starting off).

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    All things that should have already been in the game on release. Now its lacking end game as hell. Nothing to do but like one dungeon
    So you're just hating right? Either that or you are not playing the same game I am.

    4 level 50 dungeons
    3 hard mode boss fights
    1 tiered 8 man raid
    2 World Bosses (odin / behemoth)
    Artifact weapon quest

    With new content on the way when most people are still working on gearing up in darklight gear? Yeah, totally nothing to do in the endgame.

    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.
    [Pokemon Y Friend Code: 1521-3726-7197]

  18. #38
    Really excited for player owned housing. It looks like there will be a lot to do involving it! I'm wondering though, if it will be just your house in an instance or if there will be instanced neighborhoods maybe? It looked like there were many houses in the video, so I'm really curious how it is going to work. Maybe they were just grouped up to show the different variations in houses. I don't know! I've never played a game with player owned housing so I have no idea how it could work.

  19. #39
    Stood in the Fire Wilhelm137's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynnyelle View Post
    Really excited for player owned housing. It looks like there will be a lot to do involving it! I'm wondering though, if it will be just your house in an instance or if there will be instanced neighborhoods maybe? It looked like there were many houses in the video, so I'm really curious how it is going to work. Maybe they were just grouped up to show the different variations in houses. I don't know! I've never played a game with player owned housing so I have no idea how it could work.
    Honestly depends on how they do it if we get to see other players houses. They could instance it off where there's only so many in a select instance but between instances there's enough for 1/3rd of the server cap(since there will be 3 location off the bat), they could make it so you only see yours(but that would go against the video), could be they want all the houses in an area together(which would be like having several thousand people in a zone at once aka odin/behemoth lag), or they could make a select amount of houses in each area and screw more than half the server by telling them they can't get a house right away because they don't have room for them.

    I'd really like to be able to see other players houses without having to join a party with them but at the same time there's a lot of things that could go wrong if they allow too many people in each area at the same time each with their own house.
    Last edited by Wilhelm137; 2013-09-23 at 04:13 AM.

  20. #40
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Thereabouts
    Posts
    959
    Curious as well, though I assumed it'd be instanced otherwise we'd run out of place real quick. Maybe an instanced area where a bunch of people have houses (like instanced....neighbourhoods or something). It looks like it could be a lot of fun though! I never imagined really being into the feature, but after watching the video I think I could spend ages customising and just "bumming" around in my very own space! I did actually enjoy that feeling to a much smaller degree in SWTOR where you could have your own ship, so this would be even better!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •