Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    Finaly a game i wanna play WITH housing!

    i´m soooo excited :3

  2. #42
    Is housing going to be interactive in any way? I don't mean a buff you get for visiting your housing (that is a cop out to me to make housing seem "interactive") I mean like mini games or something to do in your house? For example if I make a bowling lane can I play bowling? (not saying the game needs bowling just an example).

    I have yet to find a MMO with housing better then runescapes. Runescape is a low budget low graphics MMO yet its housing still trumps every housing I've seen in modern MMO's just because its interactive. Boxing rings, dungeons, making your own boss monsters and traps inside your house. It's fucking amazing. I spend hours at other peoples house partys because its so fun and engaging.

    But is FF14 housing just gonna be a "buff" station and is just gonna look pretty? If so that's a waste of development time imo and should be botched if the only thing housing is gonna do is "look pretty" (and visit once every hour to click an an icon for your buff boring) and it's going to be expensive? Yea I won't be touching this load of crap.

  3. #43
    It would be really cool if it had stuff to interact with. There doesn't seem to be much information on it right now, so I doubt we'll know until the patch actually hits. But Runescape definitely did have some awesome player owned housing. The game has a lot of flaws, but that is one thing that it did very well, I agree. I also agree that it needs a purpose besides just looking nice. I don't want to sink a ton of time into something if all it's going to do is sit there. I am curious to see how it will be related to the game and how it is integrated into the game world. I really hope it doesn't end up feeling tacked on and not really a part of the game. It needs something to make it feel relevant.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynnyelle View Post
    It would be really cool if it had stuff to interact with. There doesn't seem to be much information on it right now, so I doubt we'll know until the patch actually hits. But Runescape definitely did have some awesome player owned housing. The game has a lot of flaws, but that is one thing that it did very well, I agree. I also agree that it needs a purpose besides just looking nice. I don't want to sink a ton of time into something if all it's going to do is sit there. I am curious to see how it will be related to the game and how it is integrated into the game world. I really hope it doesn't end up feeling tacked on and not really a part of the game. It needs something to make it feel relevant.
    That's why I feel these "buffs" you get for your housing is just a cop out on making housing interesting. Its lazy imo. It gives housing a purpose besides looking pretty but its still extremely dull. Enter your home, get your one hour buff, then leave. Then Square enix can produce numbers under the pretense that housing is "popular" because of how many players enter their housing system every day (when they are just going for buffs)

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Is housing going to be interactive in any way? I don't mean a buff you get for visiting your housing (that is a cop out to me to make housing seem "interactive") I mean like mini games or something to do in your house? For example if I make a bowling lane can I play bowling? (not saying the game needs bowling just an example).

    I have yet to find a MMO with housing better then runescapes. Runescape is a low budget low graphics MMO yet its housing still trumps every housing I've seen in modern MMO's just because its interactive. Boxing rings, dungeons, making your own boss monsters and traps inside your house. It's fucking amazing. I spend hours at other peoples house partys because its so fun and engaging.

    But is FF14 housing just gonna be a "buff" station and is just gonna look pretty? If so that's a waste of development time imo and should be botched if the only thing housing is gonna do is "look pretty" (and visit once every hour to click an an icon for your buff boring) and it's going to be expensive? Yea I won't be touching this load of crap.
    Patch 2.1 is just the first implementation of housing. They have stated that it will be expanded on in future patches. I believe the initial use for housing was going to be;

    - Exp buff.
    - Increasing crafting proficiency in your own home (faster crafting + higher HQ chance).
    - Some sort of +gil drop/reward buff.
    - Player-crafted decorations such as furniture, roofs, paintings and stuff.

    What they're going to implement after the initial release, nobody knows yet. But it will be gradually expanded upon.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Reavyn View Post
    Patch 2.1 is just the first implementation of housing. They have stated that it will be expanded on in future patches. I believe the initial use for housing was going to be;

    - Exp buff.
    - Increasing crafting proficiency in your own home (faster crafting + higher HQ chance).
    - Some sort of +gil drop/reward buff.
    - Player-crafted decorations such as furniture, roofs, paintings and stuff.

    What they're going to implement after the initial release, nobody knows yet. But it will be gradually expanded upon.
    Well the first housing is the Free company housing. We say that video with all those houses in one instance it was probably the entire FC homes. So the second wave will be solo housing.

    A lot of people say they "expand" on things it doesn't mean add new system they could really just mean new decorations. Anyway the only thing housing seems to be is a gill dump. No way 600k gill is gonna be worth buying a plot of land over buying your own crafting mats or whatever. Thats not including the cost of whatever you need to make the buff.

  7. #47
    Stood in the Fire Wilhelm137's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Well the first housing is the Free company housing. We say that video with all those houses in one instance it was probably the entire FC homes. So the second wave will be solo housing.

    A lot of people say they "expand" on things it doesn't mean add new system they could really just mean new decorations. Anyway the only thing housing seems to be is a gill dump. No way 600k gill is gonna be worth buying a plot of land over buying your own crafting mats or whatever. Thats not including the cost of whatever you need to make the buff.
    I'd honestly hope that's not how people interpreted the interview at tgs. If they don't plan on bringing actually player housing out with fc housing then whats the point in bringing housing out at all? All fc housing will be is a larger scale player house and then there will be special permissions as to who can place items, if both player and fc housing is ready there's little reason not to bring both out at the same time.

    Now if people think that because of the economy comment that they're pushing back player housing then if square were to do that they'd be shooting themselves in the foot. Considering we still have a good month or 2 before the patch literally all they would have to do is make dungeon mobs drop gil worth mentioning(because lets be honest you'll be running ak 500 times anyway) and that would fix high level gil making until dailies(leveling gil is fine aslong as you actually are doing sidequests).

    There really is little reason for player housing just to come out later than fc when everyone wants to do things with their own house not just see what the few officers did to the fc one.

  8. #48
    I'm hoping that a little bit of crafting/gathering will actually be useful for building a house, and I don't mean selling stuff on the market to pay for it.

    For example, lumber -> turned into either a frame for your house or furniture (instead of buying it), stones from quarrying -> used to make bricks etc. I also hope they do more with housing, because if it winds up being something like an extra Warp/Return point and an inn room where you can also craft, then I wouldn't really bother with it.

  9. #49
    Moderator aikoyamamato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Orem, UT
    Posts
    5,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Omgarsh View Post
    because if it winds up being something like an extra Warp/Return point and an inn room where you can also craft, then I wouldn't really bother with it.
    I wouldn't expect much more than that, tbh. It's going to be a niche feature for rich players.
    Do you play SimCity 5? Come join us on the MMO Champion Regions!
    My Origin friends list is full but hit me up by PM if you want to build a city with me.

  10. #50
    Yeah, I dunno what all people really expect from housing. Seems like I see people go all crazy about it in every game, then act disappointed when they realize that it's housing, not Mech-Building or something.

  11. #51
    I also hope they do more with housing, because if it winds up being something like an extra Warp/Return point and an inn room where you can also craft, then I wouldn't really bother with it.
    As simple as this would be, it's still awesome. I don't see it as anything other than an option for richer players and a good gil sink (as if Teleport wassn't enough).

    I do hope they add more interactive things, like training dummies or pet battles or farming or something, but simply being an additional Home Point where you can craft, have access to your retainers, access to a bed, that you can decorate and personalize that also gives buffs, sounds worth it to me.

  12. #52
    iirc Mog House was mostly vanity in FF11, but it has been years since I've played it. I'm more concerned with class balancing, tbh.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    As simple as this would be, it's still awesome. I don't see it as anything other than an option for richer players and a good gil sink (as if Teleport wassn't enough).

    I do hope they add more interactive things, like training dummies or pet battles or farming or something, but simply being an additional Home Point where you can craft, have access to your retainers, access to a bed, that you can decorate and personalize that also gives buffs, sounds worth it to me.
    Unless you have extra gill (which nobody has at the moment) its gonna be a waste. It offers nothing but vanity a few buffs essentially for alts really.

    Waste of development time imo. Should just be scraped and work on something else.

  14. #54
    Pandaren Monk icausewipes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Medusa Cascade
    Posts
    1,760
    {Carpentry} time!!!!
    Clara, be my pal, tell me: am I a good man?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Unless you are Chuck Norris, you have cried.

  15. #55
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,755
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Unless you have extra gill (which nobody has at the moment) its gonna be a waste. It offers nothing but vanity a few buffs essentially for alts really.

    Waste of development time imo. Should just be scraped and work on something else.
    Except all those people who will actually play a crafter as their focus in this game. Not to mention people like me who have no interest in raiding, but the idea of progressing a house that increases my leveling of other classes is appealing. Not to mention people who just love player housing regardless of what they do.

    Much like Skyrim's housing, it exists because this is an RPG and it's fun.
    BAD WOLF

  16. #56
    Unless you have extra gill (which nobody has at the moment) its gonna be a waste. It offers nothing but vanity a few buffs essentially for alts really.

    Waste of development time imo. Should just be scraped and work on something else.
    Player housing is usually nothing more than a personal space for players to decorate and personalize (Look at Rift's player housing option) and call "home" in game. Anythijng more in depth than what they're doing here would require a considerable amount of development time that I would rather have them devote to other things, like new dungeons/ raids, new classes, etc..

  17. #57
    Awesome. Time to start leveling my next class to 50 n gear him up. Not too fond of bringing my Summoner in to fight these guys.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Player housing is usually nothing more than a personal space for players to decorate and personalize (Look at Rift's player housing option) and call "home" in game. Anythijng more in depth than what they're doing here would require a considerable amount of development time that I would rather have them devote to other things, like new dungeons/ raids, new classes, etc..
    Did you just say developing an actual interactive housing system like runescapes is a waste of development time over developing "eye candy" housing?

    Really...?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Except all those people who will actually play a crafter as their focus in this game. Not to mention people like me who have no interest in raiding, but the idea of progressing a house that increases my leveling of other classes is appealing. Not to mention people who just love player housing regardless of what they do.

    Much like Skyrim's housing, it exists because this is an RPG and it's fun.
    You probably picked up the wrong game then. It's playing off the classic role of MMO's which is end game = raiding and dungeons. Crafting is interesting but it has no end game, carpenter end game could be housing I suppose but you have to be rich and you have to care about housing only being eye candy.

  19. #59
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,755
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    You probably picked up the wrong game then. It's playing off the classic role of MMO's which is end game = raiding and dungeons. Crafting is interesting but it has no end game, carpenter end game could be housing I suppose but you have to be rich and you have to care about housing only being eye candy.
    I didn't pick up the wrong game. There's plenty of things for me to do just leveling in the game. I never bought it planning to play past the first month. I don't even have one level 50 and I've been playing a ton. This isn't WoW for me. I don't have anywhere to be in the game.

    We don't know where the game is going. There's not even enough endgame content to say it's going to be zomg raid or die. For all we know there will be levels of gear from crafting that gets added. Maybe Grand Companies will have better stuff added for higher levels. I mean we don't really know much of anything.

    I get what you're saying, but they seem to be slow to get out what they have in mind for the game. I think it's probably a huge flaw in the development, but it is what it is. I have no qualms waiting to subscribe until they have content that suits me, should I run out at some point.

    It just goes to say that your point about them wasting time is just an opinion, obviously. There are other things in the game besides raiding. Thankfully no one develops like you suggest this game does, otherwise WoW would have none of the features that I currently love.
    BAD WOLF

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Did you just say developing an actual interactive housing system like runescapes is a waste of development time over developing "eye candy" housing?

    Really...?

    - - - Updated - - -



    You probably picked up the wrong game then. It's playing off the classic role of MMO's which is end game = raiding and dungeons. Crafting is interesting but it has no end game, carpenter end game could be housing I suppose but you have to be rich and you have to care about housing only being eye candy.
    Is it playing solely off the classic role of endgame = raiding? At this point we have no idea of whether they are intending/willing to add to crafting professions. Right now, claiming anything else is just puerile.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •