I can't choose a proffession!

Hi.. I'm stuck.

I just bought Guild Wars 2 about a week ago.. I started playing a warrior, got it to level 15.. and quickly moved on. Just wasn't my style.
    I then leveled a Ranger.. got much further than before, level 43. I, for the most part enjoy playing her.

But I really just want something that would be decent at PvP and PvE. So my concern is that I'll level my Ranger.. and then I find out that I've picked the wrong class. :l Are Rangers any good in PvP? Are they any good in PvE? I've been using a Longbow and Axe/Warhorn for the most part.

I also have been looking at Engineers aswell.. I can't seem to get into Mesmers and Elementalists. I never could get into "spellcaster" type classes when I play WoW and other games.

Any help would be greatly appreciated to this Guild Wars noob.
    Last edited by Fel733l; 2013-09-17 at 07:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rangers are pretty awesome at PvP right now. About average for dungeons and great for open world.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Rangers are pretty awesome at PvP right now. About average for dungeons and great for open world.
    What weapons are people using? And thanks for for the info.

Deleted
    I pretty much have the same problem as you do OP, even though I managed to get to 78 ,as of now, with my warrior and enjoyed it quite a lot.
    For builds, I'd suggest visiting intothemists.com and chose "open world" for leveling builds.

Guardians shine if every part of the game. That is next on my list.

Deleted
    My advice is that if you are enjoying a profession, level it to 80 before you move on to another. If you keep chopping and changing, you might find it harder to get into a profession.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing you can do is try out how a profession plays at max level by taking a new toon into the Heart of the Mists. There you are boosted to 80 with free access to all stats, weapons, skills, traits, sigils, runes, etc. You can practice on the target golems, profession targets or the boss, you can also try it out in a hot join match against other players if you like.

When you leave you will be returned to your actual level.
    Valar morghulis